Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Steve Santa Maria
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Target Exit Device

Can anyone tell me where I can find information on a device called the Target Exit Device. It is used to mark a point of entry or egress. It lights up and emits sound. Rumor has it a truckie from FDNY designed it and there was some info on it in Fire Engineering possibly ( I couldnt find any). THANKS!!

lumpy649
    Firehouse.com Guest

Just to let you know, you're not the only one who's heard of it... but I'll be damned if I can remember where I saw it, possibly FDIC, but I can't recall. Sorry...

Parafiremedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Steve, I believe the device in question was designed, and built by a firefighter in Austin, Texas. The one that I have seen is a yellow box with a strobe light on top of it, and a speaker inside. You might try contacting the Austin Fire Department.

------------------
    All comments are the opinion of the author, and not of any service they are a member of.

AVF&R452
    Firehouse.com Guest

Steve,

You might try to get hold of Iowa-American. I believe I saw the Target Exit Device on their website many months ago. The site has been down for quite some time. Not sure what the status of the company is, I called for a catalog a couple of times and have not received one. The number I have is 1-800-342-IOWA(4692)

Good Luck,

Jim

PA Volunteer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Steve,

We have a Target Exit Device and it looks like it would serve your purposes very well (according to your other post). Send me your email address at mrh4833@hotmail.com and I'll email you the information. I'll have to dig up the information, so it may take a couple of days.

Thread Information