Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    tmmsec
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Fireground Radio Communications

For years firefighters have been using portable radios with their scba, which makes receiving transmissions very difficult.

My department has outfitted all firefighters with "bone microphones" that fit in your ear. Our hazmat team used this system with great success. When we gave this same system to our structural crews, they wouldn't use it because it was frail, and time consuming to put on.

I have looked at the Savox and Invisio Bone mic setups and found each had their strengths and weaknesses. Each comes close to a dependable communication setup, but I haven't found one system yet that I would be willing to spend taxpayer dollars on yet.

If you have a emergency scene communication system that works dependably for you, I would enjoy hearing the details.

Thanks.

Lewiston2Capt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Recently we have tried the Envoy system with our new Scott 50 2.2 SCBA. The system seems quite rugged and holds up to just about anything. The microphone mounts directly to the speaking diaphragm on the mask via a twist lock retaining ring. The speaker is on a goose neck that is connected to the mic. Communication is clear and the equipment is quick and easy to don.
    I hope this helps.

------------------
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Captain
    Lewiston Fire Co. No. 2

Thread Information