Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    dcfdlt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Here we go again...Wash, DC

UnF**believable!!! The Washington, DCFD is about to start closing firehouse on a rotating basis. The rookie class was dismissed wiith one moth left. No money for training. All blame is placed on the guy who was chief for a couple of months over two years ago by this ABSOLUTE MUTT RONNIE FEW. New corruption scandal by paying off his sidekick from OK, Carl "the racist" Holmes for consulting fees. The last promotional test is being thrown out because of widespread cheating. What a disgrace, WE"RE GIVING DETROIT A RUN FOR THE MONEY...

FireRebel
    Firehouse.com Guest

I feel for you guys I really do....what does the IAFF have to say about this crap?....wish you the best of luck in getting things going in a positive direction again...

spo0k
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree.. its way past time for the international to start getting involved.. this is just ridiculous.

------------------
    FF. Mike Burnes
    Whitehall Fire Division

FireLt1951
    Firehouse.com Guest

We're still ahead

It's amazing how a few as@hol@s can screw up a good dept. We tried the international with no luck at all. We're still on our own and still fighting. We are not about to lay down on this. Nows the time for you to declare war on the administration.

[This message has been edited by FireLt1951 (edited 06-05-2001).]

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well...you could always go on strike...just a thought.

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

Daysleeper- most career depts. have a clause in their contracts that forbids them from striking...Also many cities have laws forbidding cops and firemen from striking. HOWEVER.....THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY CAN'T ORGANIZE A BLUE FLU!!!!!

ALL YOU DCFD BOYS LOOK MIGHTY PALE TO ME!!!! YOU LOOK WEAK!!! YOU LOOK TIRED AND MALNOURISHED.....NOT TO MENTION DEHYDRATED!!!!! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE RUNNING A TEMP!!!! HINT HINT HINT HINT!!!!!!!!

------------------
    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hay ATC, I knew that, but Youngstown has gone on strike 3!!!!! times since 1967. I think now their contract forbids it, but they were the first FD in the country to do it...and you're right, those DC guys should lay down, they are looking a little pale. They better call off sick before the whole department gets it...

FireDoggy1404
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

You know this Whole situation sounds like the plot from a Once Popular movie about firefighters? Can anyone Name it?

------------------
    Firefighter C.M. Baker

Thread Information