Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Engineman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Who's going to be the new chief n PGFD?

I was wondering who are the candidates for the position of chief in PG County? Stay safe.

Sonny Sampson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Not sure, but I did hear that Ron Siarnicki put his application in at Kentland Volunteer Fire Department.

Philip C
    Firehouse.com Guest

I heard Lieutenant Colonel Blackwell's name thrown around a few times. Sonny, besides regular membership at 33 he is also trying for associate membership at Seat Pleasant. Take care and be safe.

------------------
    Phil Clinard
    Laurel VFD
    Prince George's Co Sta 10
    Laurel, MD
    www.laurelvfd.org

FireLt1951
    Firehouse.com Guest

How about Larry A.K.A. LHS.

Just kidding guys, don't get upset with me.. I hope you get an excellent chief that will keep tradition alive. Any one here coming to the burn tournament this weekend. P.G. shows up every year and we appreciate it more than you know. Thanks guys.

[This message has been edited by FireLt1951 (edited 06-05-2001).]

dcfdlt
    Firehouse.com Guest

VERY FUNNY SONNY:-)

Grit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Silly guys.

Ron's gonna tick at 12, where he started, and where he keeps his ladder truck.

And the deaf guy won his suit and is gonna be Chief. It's the only thing he's qualified for.

NozzleHog
    Firehouse.com Guest

New chief? Sounds scary. If P.G. keeps with the current national trend, they'll get a "hired gun," someone from outside the department - a no-name guy from a no-name department with no ties or loyalties, who will come in and do whatever the politicians want (sell advertising space on the fire trucks, perhaps) then leave with one more line on his resumť to repeat the cycle somewhere else.
    Just a hunch, or maybe I'm just cynical about some of our "leadership" these days. I hope you don't get just another yes-man or sell-out. Best of luck, let us know how it goes.

[This message has been edited by NozzleHog (edited 06-09-2001).]

hot DAMN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Im sure it's either going to be someone that the volunteers hate because he/she will cater to the career side. OR it will be someone the career side hates because he/she will cater to the volunteer side.....
    Its always SOMETHING in PG County..and if its not, the Firefighters there (both Vol and Career) will make something of it until there IS something... Gotta love that place :-)

Notch Johnson
    Firehouse.com Guest

I heard that Ronnie Few from DC was offered the job in PG...If he accepts AD Bell will take his place in DC

Grit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Bring back Larry Woltz

xchief
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

All I know if the new chief is Blackwell both Career and Volunteer better pucker up no more Mr. nice Guy and getting everything you want... (Party's over))

Jake295885
    Firehouse.com Guest

McElfish and his jolly QUINTs Lets see 45 Quints and a Few Class "B" pumpers just to make it interesting...........It worked wonders in Richmond........

Jake295885
    Firehouse.com Guest

I stand corrected, 43 Quints..........No way Kentland would ever go for this crap..........

hot DAMN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

neither they nor any other company will be able to get what they want for much longer...

the wraith comes....

Grit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quints? Hmmm let's do the math. It takes us about 50 pieces of apparatus to mitigate the typical garbage apt fire. It takes Richmond 2 Quints to put out one care fire. So it should take us 100 quints for the typical garbage apt. fire. Let's try it.....

xchief: Nice try with the bogus county email address [PQ instead of PG]. How dumb do you think we are?

xchief
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Sorry about that grit it was a typo.If I wanted to give a bogus e-Mail I just wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

xchief
    Firehouse.com Guest

And to answer your second Question Sorry I do not Know how dumb you are.

Grit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hehehe - you're right that was a dumb question on my part.

See ya 'round Chief.

Thread Information