Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    N5A
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Cairns New Yorkers

Does anyone know of any places to purchase used (good condition) leather helmets. The only one that I am aware of is EBAY. I purchased one several years ago from a company now out of business, but time and fire has taken its toll. I would love to have a back up, and do not feel like waiting 18 weeks for one from Cairns.

hfdfao
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

watch out for the helmets on Ebay, a buddy of mine got taken real bad buying a "almost new, serviceable leather, pre-impact cap, in exceelent condition". You might try going to any muster/flea markets in your area. My original 5A was purchased at Croton on the Hudson. Also check out helmetparts.com

Dave

------------------
    May your vents be leeward, your searches be negative, and your overhaul complete......
    FTM-PTB-EGH

CanMan24
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

There is a supplier here in Pennsylvania (West Chester) that sells both new and used Cairns leathers. The used leathers are refurbished from FDNY and are in GREAT condition. The supplier is The Fire Store, and can be found on the web at www.thefirestore.com The price usually varies, but the ones that I saw in the store were roughly around 250$ to 275$ with most having all brand new PBI ear flaps and bourkes. Some even have the carved golden eagle frontice piece holder. Hope this helps.

Be Safe,
    Pennsylvania FF/EMT 24

TC33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

CHECK OUT WWW.FIRECOLLECTOR.COM UNDER FIRE COLLECTABLES. HE ALWAYS HAS USED NEW YORKERS

Thread Information