Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Adze
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question How old is your FD?

Just curious...

What year was the FD you belong to created?

Broad Brook FD in CT was created in 1896
    my other FD, Blue Hills, was created in 1926

Captain Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

The first three fire companies in the then Town of Marlborough were organized in 1849: the Torrent, The Hydraulicon and the Okammakamessit. These three fire companies agreed to come under one set of rules and one Chief Engineer...under the direction of the Reverend Sylvester Bucklin, they were offically organized as the Marlborough Fire Department in 1855.

Two of the three original hand tubs are still in existence. The Torrent is now owned by the Ancient and Honorable Fire Brigade of Marlborough. The Okammakamessit is owned by a private organization.

------------------
    Firefighters: Today's heroes protecting everyone's tomorrows!
    Captain Gonzo

[This message has been edited by Captain Gonzo (edited 06-11-2001).]

Dalmatian90
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Next year is our 75th anniversary.

SFDAJL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

My Department (Spotswood) was established in 1898. And the other one I'm thinking of joining (Helmetta) was established in 1895.

------------------
    Andrew Landstrom
    Station 71
    Spotswood Vol. Fire Department
    Spotswood, New Jersey

You light 'em, We fight 'em

BFD847
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our was started as a Vol. department in 1912

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our Fire Department was founded back in 1910 making us 91 years old

E-101

FFJB45
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

My department is 103 years old

FFDIVERChad165
    Firehouse.com Guest

EST 1877 so we are 124

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Youngstown Volunteer Fire Company, later VFD was founded April 14, 1868. It became the Youngstown Fire Department, as a paid organization on May 16, 1891 when the volunteer department was disbanded and was fully paid, although some members had been paid by the call before that. May 16, 1891 is the date the department recognizes as its beginning.

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
    "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
    Youngstown Fire Department

OFDLUIT33
    Firehouse.com Guest

City of O'Fallon Fire Department Estb. Feb. 1891,
    O'Fallon Shiloh Valley Caseyville Township Fire Protection Dist. Estb. Jan 1949

Chief Taylor
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

Sad, but I do not even know when my full-time department was formed. I asked about it this last week to no avail. I will have to do some real digging to find out.

james35
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I got you all beat:

Olney - Walluski Fire District # 35 was established in July of 1994

------------------
    ...James
    james35@firehousemail.com
    Lieutenant / Training Officer
    Olney - Walluski Fire District # 35 (Oregon)

Squad33whacker
    Firehouse.com Guest

My Company was Est. in 1907

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Sorry James35, I got YOU beat as a neighboring department to Youngstown, the Milton Township VFD, was founded January 1, 2000.

Rich F
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wethersfield, CT May 12, 1803
    Coming up on 200 years

Ford45
    Firehouse.com Guest

Newtown Fire Association was established in 1901, from the Newtown fire company #1, which was organized in 1794 i think? The Newtown Emergency Services Dept. (paid dept.) was created in 1996 and operates out of our sub station during the week. peace.

------------------
    Matt
    Newtown Fire Association
    Station 45

BG204
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our department just celebrated our 75th anniversary.

cfr3504
    Firehouse.com Guest

After about ten years of attempts to oranize a fire department. Callands Volunteer Fire Department was founded in 1979, and was changed to Callands Fire & Rescue in 1998 when we began EMS transport. The department that I cut my teeth on, was began as a sub-station to another department in 1963 and was established as an independent department in 1966. Both of these are pretty much babies compared to most of the responses seen here.

nhfd155
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

My department (New Hartford,NY) was founded in 1901. We are celebrating our 100th birthday all year long.

hctrouble25
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Pattenburg Volunteer Fire Company of NJ was established in 1954. Our 50th Anniversary is fast approaching and we plan to have a huge celebration. :-D

Fire Line
    Firehouse.com Guest

Formed in 1976, started with one engine stored in a quansit (sp) hut with 6 members. Now 2 halls, 4 engines, 2 tenders, 34 members.

bfd1071
    Firehouse.com Guest

organized in 1678 .....first fire ordanace was 1631.

------------------
    ** The opionions are mine and mine alone, they are not that of my dept or the local**

cozmosis
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

The Monticello, Ark. Fire Department was founded in 1910. We let our 90th anniversary slip by without any fanfare. Hopefully, that won't be the case in 2010.

We started with (I believe) a horse-drawn cart and a wooden shed. We are now a combo. department with three stations, four pumpers, a rescue truck and a dive-rescue boat. I hope the next 91 years bring as much growth.

------------------
    FIRE TRUCK YELLOW!?!
    Visit the E&H Yellow Apparatus Gallery today.

CFD14
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

The Colby Fire Department was officially organized on May 1, 1923. Firefighting equipment consisted of a hose cart which was obtained and inservice in 1912.

In 1925, the City purchased its first motorized fire truck. Until 1948 the firefighting equipment was housed in business buildings. The City did not have a building designated as the "fire station until 1948 when the business that housed the fire truck burnt down.

WillB
    Firehouse.com Guest

Friendship Fire Company #1 of Geigertown, PA was founded in 1952, in 1953 citizens of the village of Geigertown purchased a 1953 GMC pumper truck, it was in service until 1989 where our current chief's father purchased it

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information