Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    AFD11EXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Stand by At Races With the fire Department

In our town of Afton we have a quarter mile dirt track that every week they have races there. And while they have the races there the fire department has to be there in order to race. We bring a Ambulance and a firetruck with the jaws of life on it incase of a incident that we have to use them. I was wondering if there is any other departments that have to stand by the races. I would like your input.

WillB
    Firehouse.com Guest

My company borders the coverage area for Maple Grove Raceway (1/4 mile drag racing) and normally they just have an Ambulance there

-Will
    Friendship Fire Company #1 of Geigertown, PA

CFD14
    Firehouse.com Guest

We provide Rescue/supression for our local 3/8 mile dirt track. We use our Rescue truck w/3 man crew, at least two have to be from the rescue squad. The Chief that is on call brings the pickup and one FF with him. EMS provides their suburban w/3, and an ambulance w/3. On nights when they add a different class, such as late models or sprints that run alcohol, we take our rural pumper w/3 FF for extra foam and water.

chief1001
    Firehouse.com Guest

We occasionally have to stand by for things such as the demos or the enduro races , but we rotate through ten depts for coverage so the same dept doesnt always get stuck doing it.

The dirt track is in Dundee FD district
    and the track has its own crews who also are vollie ffs in thier home depts man the fire equipment and ambulance on the track grounds, Dundee will provide extrication if needed but they have to be dispatched for it.

Watkins Glenn is just down the road from them and its more volunteer workers from paid and volunteer fire companies that man the rigs on the track grounds,fire and EMS.

iamfireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

We have a 3/8 mile dirt track in our town that we run everything from mini-stocks to 410 sprints. We run a 6 man fire safety crew, using two trucks with 3 men each. We all have firefighting experience, with myself and one other being full time firefighters. We don't have a fire truck standby at the track, but we do have radio contact with our dispatch if we need to call for the jaws. The station is one mile away. As for our safety, we all wear three layer drivers suits, nomex hoods and gloves. Because of our quick response, and detail to safety we are considered to be the best safety crew of all the tracks that the cars run at.

At New Hampshire international Speedway in Loudon, NH (1.056 mile Super Speedway) the fire department is on stand by at the track just about any time the grandstands are in use. The most recent race, the smallest of the "big races" the fire department had 1 engine, 1 ladder, 1 ambulance 1 brush unit. For the 2 Winston Cup races at the track, there is a ton of Emergency equipment but from Friday to Sunday of the Weekend of the race the local volunteer FD has a minumun of 1 engine, 1 rescue, 1 brush, on the track property at all times. During the day that increase by at least 1 ladder, and probably antoher engine. Fortunatly there is a private Ambulance company based on the Track property that handles the bulk of EMS work.

I am a dispatcher in my county and we have a dirt track. The only time that the Fire departemnt goes out there is for the demalition durby. Any other time they race they just have an ambulance out there.

If anyone ever needs an extra FF or EMT to help out at a Winston Cup race just let me know...
    Mike DeVuono
    FF/EMT

"There are few atheists inside a burning building."

These are my opinions and not those of my department.

I'll Second that one. I would love to do a weekend at a Winston Cup or Bush race!

Kyle
    Kyle
    www.chalfontfireco.com

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

In our district there is a dirt track that the racetrack supplies a truck with very large fire extinguishers on board. The ambulance service provides an ambulance for the standbys. The racetrack contracts out with another fire department to supply personnel for the fire truck. We only go out there for the Fireworks Show such as last night. We just make sure no fires start because of fall out from the fireworks.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

I was born down here in Fla, been to a couple of trillion stock car races, Sure wish there were more sprinters down here, We usually catch the Outlaws or the All stars during the spring sweeps. I'm about taxied cabbed out, especially after what happened to Earnhardt. I ran in a sports car race there (Daytona)about 6 weeks later.it was different. Anyway, enough of that, St. Pete FD stood by for the old trans-am race down here, it worked out well for both the dept and the SCCA. I believe, at the time, we were the first dept to handle all of the fire and EMS at an SCCA street course. I miss that race, now we have a dome, with the devil-rays. Give me a break!!!!

Thread Information