MadDog2020
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post PGFD FIRECHIEF LEAVING IA IT A GOOD THING OR BAD

With the Prince Georges County Fire Chief leaving the departmentis it good for the Volunteers or is it a bad thing????

xchief
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Jury is still out but If Blackwell gets in there could be a lot of friction because he dosn't like to play games he wants to run a ship shape dept.the days of freelancing and partying will be over.Remember! he does'nt own a fire truck.

Grit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Maybe one of those anti-vollie career guys, that retired and became vollie chiefs, will come full circle back to be the supreme allied commander.

Like I said on another thread, my vote goes to the deaf guy.

xchief
    Firehouse.com Guest

Better yet why not have one of the Volly Chiefs in P.G who is just a F/F in D.C. be chief they think they are anyway..

Jake295885
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey x-Chief,

If your talking about who I think your talking about, he's one hell of a Man and a real leader of men. Ive known him since 1980 and he's one of the best fireman around, He has proven his ability to run a ship shape Volunteer firehouse that is the busiest in the Country.

Remember his guys Kick butt and take names. The problem with him being County fire chief is, not many of you wing nuts would measure up to his standards. NO COWARDS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!

I just can't picture it happening, but it would be the best thing for the P.G. county Fire Service and the citizens. The real Paid men would like it too..........

jeg532
    Firehouse.com Guest

i`m new to the area, i`m in the process of getting on at 29, as a volunteer, i have a few questions that maybe you guys could answer,do the paid guys not like the volleys and if so why. what is in your opinion the best station in p.g. county. i am stationed at andrews and on the base fire dept. and i`m going nuts because all we do is train and never see any action.

xchief
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Jake, (It was a joke) just like your comment, the reason they come out to P.G to be volly chiefs is that they are not good enough to be chief officers in D.C. There they have to take orders. So they come out here and become volly chiefs so they can order people around including their IAFF brothers and sisters who have to deal with their arrogance and incompetence. If whom you are talking about is so good why is he not a chief officer in D.C. Better yet lets help out D.C.F.D's Staffing problems lets start Volunteer Departments down in D.C. and your buddy can be a volly chief where he works and he can order is brother and sister Fire Fighters and Junior officers around(How Novel)

Grit
    Firehouse.com Guest

JEG, why don't you start another thread with that subject. It should go to 10 pages in days. That will educate you fast. Good luck.

Thread Information