Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    nomad1085
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post What do you carry in your POV?

For all the Vollies that may go to scene's with their POV's, what do you keep in it and where? If it is a pickup truck, how do you store it all? Tool bax, bed cover, cap?

Matt

EFDems841
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have a 96 Jeep Cherokee, I store all my stuff in the cargo area. I carry my bunker gear in a "step in" bag. Since I'm an EMT also, I carry a jump kit and O2 kit with me. I also have a maglight and FD/ambulance pullover, traffic vest and forestry hard hat. I can usually get to the scene quicker than our rescue vehicle, especially if it's in the northern end of town. Our rescue is stationed in the southern end. I have a mobile radio and I carry a portable also.

[This message has been edited by EFDems841 (edited 06-23-2001).]

AXMAN620
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I carry a trauma kit with a few front line drugs, i am a supervisor for my county, so i respond to scenes with volly. bls trucks, an O2/airway kit my rapelling and rescue gear with my irons.

------------------
    SEE YA' @ THE BIG ONE!

james35
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Diddo with EFDems841. I go first to medical calls and the guys get the trucks. Jump Kit and O2 Kit is the name of the game.

------------------
    ...James
    james35@firehousemail.com
    Lieutenant / Training Officer
    Olney - Walluski Fire District # 35 (Oregon)

Capt. Zada
    Firehouse.com Guest

Bunker Gear
    36" Halligan & small flat head axe
    Hydrant Wrench
    20 lb & 10 lb ABC Dry Chem extinguishers
    2-1/2 gal pressurized can in warm seasons
    mag light
    LED traffic batton
    orange traffic control flags
    traffic vest
    1/2 case fusees
    12 guage loaded with double ought (another traffic control device)
    2-1/2 x 1-1/2 gate wye (not sure why its in there)
    Rescue Wrench
    2 spanners
    box full of hand tools
    trauma box
    rope
    mobile & hand held two-way radios
    safety glasses
    extra gloves & jackets in winter
    roll of electric fence wire
    That is about all that the trunk of my car will hold and still maintain some order in the storage.

spo0k
    Firehouse.com Guest

My backpack with all my old books from medic school

My cd's

A coke or whatever I'm drinking at the time

My family

The bag from the wendys I had yesterday

A sweatshirt in the trunk..

pfr172
    Firehouse.com Guest

CAPT. ZADA

Do you drive a fire truck??? That is alot of stuff. How do you get away with carrying a 12 guage? Anyways, i carry my bunker gear and jumpkit in my truck.

WillB
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry my turnout gear, basic med. kit, a few flares, tools etc. all in the tool box in the bed of my toyota pickup

firemed9
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have a s-10 pickup with a tool box. I am usually one of the first on scene to calls, so I carry a bunch of stuff. I carry in the glove box a Haz Mat Guide, and NIOSH guide. Behind the seat i have a spare uniform and spare sweatshirt, a pair of bonoculars, and a flashlight. In the tool box I have my gear, hand tools, a box of latex gloves, a spare pair of firefighting gloves, a bls jumpkit, and a blanket. I also carry a portable and mobile radio.

[This message has been edited by firemed9 (edited 06-23-2001).]

jeg532
    Firehouse.com Guest

i carry turnout gear and a radio, and i usely carry a 10 lb extenguisher. on softball nights, a 12 pack on ice sits in the back seat.

firecat1524
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry my spare turnout gear and an ems jump bag in the back of my Jeep.

Fire29_1999
    Firehouse.com Guest

Some of you guys go a little over board don't you? We are not supposed to go to the scene unless we HAVE to drive past it to get to the station, but I do have a small basic jump kit,10lb dry chem, ax, pulaski,tow chain, roadside tri-angle reflecters, maglight, leather gloves, boots, hide-away strobes, mobile and portable radios and it is all kept in the toolbox of my fullsize 1999 GMC Sierra ext. cab 4x4.

------------------
    Stay safe

[This message has been edited by Fire29_1999 (edited 06-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Fire29_1999 (edited 06-25-2001).]

firefighter26
    Firehouse.com Guest

I live about 1 block away from the station(In fact, all of our members live within 5 blocks of the station) so all I carry is my keys so that I can get in and get on a rig.

Our chief has a little saying: "Lets take the big red trucks with the water to the fire this time."

FLAME5
    Firehouse.com Guest

My 357 magnum of course (Hey I live in Texas.)
    Small hand tool, a flashlight, crowbar, and a small trama kit suited for bullet holes

NCFiremedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Things I carry in my POV:
    1. Me
    2. Sometimes my wife
    3. Sometimes my dogs
    4. Groceries (Please excuse any spelling. Note the time, I'm dispatching tonight and have the A/C out chasing smells and bells)
    5. One set turnout gear behind the seat in the cab.
    6. The all powerful cellphone.
    7. At least a weeks worth of McDonalds, Burger King or Wendys empty drink cups.

------------------
    Running a code is easy.
    The hard part starts when you bringem back and have a 30-40 min transport

cfr3504
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry my turnout gear, a rather large BLS jumpbag, Mag Lite, ERG book (HazMat), Flares, thats pretty much the extent of the Fire Rescue stuff. I do have a Mobile Radio though, and our dept issues everyone portables, so I'd have it with me too.

[This message has been edited by cfr3504 (edited 06-24-2001).]

CFD14
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Well now, Isn't this an interesting thread. Fire/ems related, I keep a basic trauma bag. All other gear needed for fire and ems we keep on the big yellow or red fire trucks and at the station.
    I drive a company pickup with a svc bed. So non-fire, work and farm related items include but not limited to: Hand tools, nuts, bolts, fittings, pins, clevis, receiver hitches, duct tape, .357 under the seat, gloves, two five lb. dry chem extinguishers, 18" chainsaw, sledge hammer, air conditioning gauges, emergency roadside triangles, pry bars, bottle jack, oil, antifreeze, WD40, other assorted aerosol chemicals, hand wipes, electrical terminal kit and tape, ice scraper (year around, I live in Kansas where the state motto should be 'ya never know') chains and boomers, come along, ohm meter, tool belt, tape measures, flash lights, two sets of rain gear, a couple of collapsible chairs, sweatshirt, coat, extra ball cap, maps, two sets of jumper cables, roll of trash bags, ear muffs, tarp straps, ratchet straps, pipe wrench, 12v trouble light and many other items to numerous to mention. Plus I have room for more. Do I use any of this at a fire scene? Rarely.

SFD-129-3
    Firehouse.com Guest

why the heck not...........
    1. TOG
    2. 2-1/2 ABC
    3. EMT bag
    4. Flares in door pocket.
    5. Box o'gloves under seat.
    6. Survivor light on DC charger
    7. Glock 23 in the gc (if I shoot a perp, do I have to treat em?)

ff21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

hey all cool post
    in my truck 1988 gmc s-15
    1. me
    2 who ever is with me
    3in the tool box
    gear
    spare cloths
    4in the bed a shovel
    5 in the cab a small first aid kit (not a emt but you never know when i will have to treat my self)
    cloths
    cds
    tool box all snapon hand tools im a automotive student
    hazmat guide
    kabar fighting knife(live in mountains of nc crazies up here run amoke all the time)

in my dads truck 1994 blazer
    gear, med bag, tool box with hand tools
    gloves hazmat book him
    in console ruger 45
    stay safe and have fun

Looper
    Firehouse.com Guest

In my 1996 Dodge Ram (toolbox):
    Turn out gear
    Crowbar
    Bolt cutters
    Set of small hand tools
    2.5lb dry chem
    Flares
    Scene tape
    100' utility rope
    20' webbing
    Spare fire boots (rubber)
    Duct tape, duct tape, and more duct tape!
    Jumper cables

Inside (extended cab):
    Large EMS jump bag w/ O2
    Extra rubber gloves
    Mobile radio
    Hand held radio
    Cell phone
    Map book
    .40 cal Pistol
    Extra night stick
    Disposable camera
    Rain gear
    Extra FD jackets, shirts & hat

Since I'm a cop, I also carry the stuff that I put into my patrol car each night:
    Briefcase
    D.O.T. hazmat guidebook
    SL-20 flashlight (takes place of night stick)
    Remington 870 shotgun
    Extra ammo (.40 cal / 12 ga.)
    Binoculars
    Disaster wrench
    Helmet
    Gas mask (Scott AV200 face piece)

If necessary, I can squeeze my wife and daughter in there also -- usually means a lot of rearranging!

Also keep a 2.5 gal water can in the trunk of the patrol car.

pfr172
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Is this a gun collectors thread. Geezz...how many of you are able to legally carry a gun. I live in Texas, so thanks to G.W. Bush we can carry guns legally to protect ourselves.

fireeater650
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have a BLS kit and o2, and I keep my TOG with me even though I live close to the station(you never know when youu are going to catch a call on the road), A good set of hand tools, a portable air tank, a battery booster pack, tie down straps, and a tow strap( all this mainly for my own use), the trusted mag light, a CB for hunting, a scanner cause I'm nosy, and the old dash laser. All that fits in my tool box of my truck, except my TOG, it rides in a waterproof bag in the bed.

chief462
    Firehouse.com Guest

here is what i carry in a 91 s10 blazer:
    moble radio
    portable radio
    cell phone
    fire gear for my vol co.
    gearbag for local haz-mat team
    flares(6)
    latex gloves
    small toolbox
    traffic vest
    response book (maps,lz cordinates,phone #s, preplans)
    binoculars

my co.s sog's is to only let o.i.c. go directlly to the scene. so all other members only need there keys

Capt. Zada
    Firehouse.com Guest

Nothing illegal about a shotgun. A hand gun has to be registered. Besides you need to aim with a pistol. Double ought 12 guage only requires pointing. Shoot first, you may not get a second chance.

dalmation75
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I carry a 1000' of 5 inch in the bed of my truck and I am looking to install a skid unit with a booster line and tank.

[This message has been edited by dalmation75 (edited 06-25-2001).]

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information