Thread: Calling?

Default Calling?

Recently when i was flying back home to IL, i was reading i think Fire Engineering when i came upon a caption that made me think..It said:
    Firefighters....its not something you do, its something you are...this made me feel good the second i read this...as I am the first firefighter(which boggles my mind!) in my family. I believe we are called to do this job(in most cases)..as I read this I was on vacation and made me want to go back and fight some fire...I love this job! (even if somedays we put up with some B.S.)
    God Bless and stay safe brothers
    Its not something you do,
    Its something you are.
    "Whether we bring the terrorists to justice, or we bring justice to the terroists...Justice WILL BE DONE"... President Bush
    Engineer
    Engine Co. # 1
    THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS AND OPINIONS ONLY!!!

yeah it does take a certain kind to do all this...
    FF/PARAMEDIC/CORONER/TRAINING "MY DAY STARTS WHEN YOURS ENDS"
    **SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE**

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: GO4IT ]
    FF/PARAMEDIC/CORONER/TRAINING "MY DAY STARTS WHEN YOURS ENDS"
    **SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE**

I know just what you mean. My wife says that we'r all crazy *ssholes. But you know I think it is in the blood. wether your the first or not.

I have known for a long time being a firefighter is a calling, especially since in the first place I did not choose to be one; the Air Force chose for me. Then when I got out of the Fire Protection field in 81, I could not wait to get back into it. Got back first as a vollie in 85, then again full time with the Air Force in 87. Then when I retired in 97 I started volunteering again in 98. Once it got into my blood it was there for good.
    I think it takes a special kind of person to do what we do. We may not admit it but thoses of us in this profession really do care about helping others. Although I don't consider myself to be "special" I know for a fact each and everyone of you all are.

Blessings to you all,

Jeff

Thread Information