Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

Default Rush and Marta Limbaugh's donation...Thank You!

Rush Limbaugh, the conservative radio personality and his wife Marta
    donated $200,000 to the Post Astoria fund for the FDNY 3 who died in the line of duty at a hardware store fire/building collapse a few weeks ago.

Quoted from the Firehouse.com news story....

"They do things most of us will not do and they sometimes die doing it," he said. "They are unique people, greatly undercompensated relative to what they do.

"I am overawed by that, as I am by people who volunteer for the armed services."

We as firefighters might not always agree with Rush's political views, but this shows that what we do transcends politics. Every day, our Brothers and Sisters, career and volunteer firefighters alike answer the call, not knowing if it will be the final alarm.

I hope that other celebrities (pro sports, media, actors, etc) follow Rush and Marta's lead.

Thank you, Rush and Marta for helping the families of our fallen brothers.

[ 07-13-2001: Message edited by: Captain Gonzo ]
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

It was an incredible gesture... But to clarify Gonzo, you seemed to lump all Firefighters Politcal views together... I must say as a Firefighter I usually do agree with his views, and feel if you spend some time listening to his show you might agree with more than you think.

Please don't take my remarks as an attack, just my viewpoint.

It should not matter if we agree with him or not, what we should do now is give a BIG THANK YOU to RUSH LIMBAUGH...

[ 07-13-2001: Message edited by: Billy Mott ]

Thanks Rush!

Forum Member

Rush, I'm speechless. But not surprised. Anyone who listens to the man for more than a few minutes realizes that he's smart, well-read, and big-hearted.

Thanks, Rush!
    "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Forum Member

Gee, I wonder how much money Jesse Jackson will be giving?
    "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

I wonder how much money Jesse Jackson will be giving?

I can let the poverty pimp slide on this one. He's from Chicago and Rush is from NY.

BUT!

That being said, I now wonder how much sharpton and clinton gave?
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

MembersZone Subscriber

A BIG Thank-You to Rush and Marta! Ditto's

A Big THANKS to the Rush Limbaugh family and all of the others that have supported this cause. WAY TO GO.

Forum Member

A heartfelt THANK YOU to Rush & Marta Limbaugh.

Major League Baseball catcher Mike Pizza (NY Mets) donated a big chunk of his all star game earnings to the same cause. Thanks Rush and Mike

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanx Mike & Rush!!!
    Opinions stated are mine only and do not reflect those of my companies.

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Originally posted by mongofire_99:
    I wonder how much money Jesse Jackson will be giving?

I can let the poverty pimp slide on this one. He's from Chicago and Rush is from NY.

BUT!

That being said, I now wonder how much sharpton and clinton gave?
    Don't hold your breath. The firefighters that died were neither black nor female.

Joe Black

My thoughts exactly Bucks. Say, was that your guys that got hurt back east a few weeks ago? We heard about some Bucks CO. PA ff, getting injured.

Also, along with everyone else here, thanks to Piazza and remember we need to thank everybody that donated what they could to benefit these guys families. Some couldn't give $200K and that's OK. They gave what they could.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Mega Dittos!!!

Forum Member

mongo -

Thanks for asking! Nobody from my department, but there were four guys from Upper Bucks companies that were struck by lightning while fighting a dwelling fire that was itself CAUSED by lightning strike.

Sorta gives the lie to the theory that lightning never strikes twice in the same place ("same" being defined as within 30 feet). The four were flaking and advancing a hoseline toward the home, apparently, when the bolt struck. Several described tingling in their feet and extremities. All were taken to area hospitals, and all as far as I know have recovered.

Not one of the dangers one normally associates with firefighting, but hey...

BTW - excellent book that I'm reading by John Perazzo called "The Myths that Divide Us" talks about our so-called 'civil rights' leaders - the Sharptons and Jacksons. I know, on some subconscious level, all of the race-baiting, lying, and outright extortion that these clowns engage in, but Perazzo's book goes step-by-step, and it's chilling to say the least to see it all laid out side by side.

Anyway, you stay safe...and thanks again, Rush!

Joe Black

Thanks Mike, Rush, and all who gave to our brothers family
    Dean Urquhart
    I used to only have One President, Charleton Heston, then came George. Now I'm lucky enough to have a third.... Capt Gonzo

Truly AWESOME to see all that has been donated.
    Despite what one may thing about Rush-his heart is in the right place.
    To all that gave-God bless you all.

That was such an incredible gesture by Rush and his wife. More celebrities need to follow suit. Rush's donation is awesome compared to the donation by billionare Donald Trump, whose $5000 donation, although much appreciated, seems kind of small now for a billionare.

Forum Member

Still waiting for Hill and Bill...and Chuckie Schumer...and Al Sharpton...

Joe Black

BUCKS, don't hold your breath. Remember,they only TAKE from you and me. All they give is demogogery and lip service.
    Bob Compton
    IACOJ-Proud
    IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

Bless all who gave. You know in time the unthinkable will happen again. Maybe celebrities will respond more to these circumstances, they make more in one day than I make in a year. I have 5 kids, and pray ever day that if I am to leave this earth, that someone will pick up the line and tow it for me. rm41

Thanks Rush
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

I am very happy to see that the families are getting these generous donations. Thank you Mike Piazza, Rush Limbaugh, Marta Limbaugh, and the many others who have been kind enough to give what they can.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Let me sum it up....
    DITTO'S to all that helped out this wonderful cause for those left behind.
    Now for a barb....
    Shows you now who really cares about us,for real not just for power and lip service at the end of the day.To Jesse and his boys that say they care for us...Put up or shut up. 100 years of tradition unimpeded by progress(love the givers,hose the fakers)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information