Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ben 2 Plus or Paul Conway helmet

Anyone wearing the Ben 2 Plus or the Paul Conway helmet??

Are they comfortable??

Currently we are wearing the Cairns leather helmet, but are seeking a change because of its high ride, weight and lack of comfort.

Any feeback would appreciated.

Stay safe,

Fireman488

I've got a Ben 2 Plus, and I love it. I've never used a leather though, so I can't compare. I've always used 660's and Bullard before, so the Ben 2 is a little heavier, but not really noticably, but I think that it's much more comfortable. I don't have any experience with a Paul Conway, but the Ben 2 is lighter than a Bullard or Cairns 1010 traditional. If you want to go with a Composite helmet, I don't think you would go wrong. You can get one at www.thefirestore.com for $165. I paid more than that for mine, but they weren't carrying Morning Pride stuff when I got mine.

I've been wearing a leather New Yorker for about 15 years. I love the helmet, but not the cost (my dept lets us wear 'em, but we have to pay for them!). I recently switched to the Ben Frankiln II Plus. I like the fit, and the weigth and the look (It looks just like a leather New Yorker, unlike the 1010's that my department recently began to issue). The best thing about it, though, is the cost! It's about half the price!

I have had bad experiences with cairns before. I find the Ben franklin a bit heavy.
    I could say the same about the conway but the suspension makes it very comfortable. It's already saved me several times and I've only had it about a year and a half. Best helmet I've had.

Forum Member

I wear a Ben II on one job, a Paul at another, and a 1010 at another. I like them all pretty well. The Ben sits up really high, if that's what you're trying to get away from it may be a consideration. The Ben has the best looking finish in my opinion, a real flat no gloss color. But its just a matter of time before they all fade. I really like the Paul, but have worn it the least amt. of time...
    These are my opinions and not those of the organizations for which I work and/or volunteer.

Thread Information