Default Need FF Cadences'

Im in search of various marching cadences that relate to the fire service. If anyone knows any or knows of a site that has some, please let me know. Thanks everyone.

I never heard of fire fighter cadences, but you could go to an army navy surplus store and get military cadence tapes. With a little imagination i'm sure that you could substitute "ranger or marine" with fire fighter or medic.

Anappolis? You were never a squid were you? I was.

Ive checked some military sites and picked out a couple to do just that. I just thaught someone might have a few that theyve already done that with.

BTW, never been a squid but I did work at the naval academy fire dept for the last 4 years. Just recently quit.

Thanks

Well no wonder you never heard any cadences...working on a Navy base...

USMC
    Mike DeVuono
    FF/EMT

"There are few atheists inside a burning building."

These are my opinions and not those of my department.

OOHRAH!!!!!!!!!!

The above is my opinion only, it doesn't reflect that of any dept./agency I work for, am a member of, or deal with. Also, I do not intend to bash anyone, I'm just stating what I do, and have seen. If anyone is offended I apologize.

MembersZone Subscriber

Firefighter or Medic, in lieu of Ranger!!! Maybe, probably definately. But never in place of MARINE!!! Yuuuuuuuuuuuttttt!!!

OOOHRAAH!!! Leathernecks!!!!!!

(I never got use to the devil dog thing)

when i was a baby,mama used to say, how ya gonna earn your livin, how you gonna earn your pay, i raise my head up higher and higher, said i`m gonna be a firefighter.... when i go home now, mama`s gonna say, how do you make a livin, how you earn your pay, i`ll raise my badge up higher and higher, i`ll tall her i`m a firefighter.......... when i go to heaven, st peter`s gonna say, how`d you earn a livin, how`d you earn a pay, i`ll raise my axe higher and higher, i`ll tell him i was a firefighter.......... if i go to hell now, satan`s gonna say, how`d you put my flames out in just one day, i`ll raise my hose up higher and higher, tell him i was a firefighter.............. when i go to your girls house, she`s gonna say, how`d you make me wet with just floor play, i`ll stick my hose in further and further, tell her i`m a firefighter........ just a little cadence i learned while stationed at goodfellow a.f.b. going through the department of defense fire academy.

MembersZone Subscriber

That would be great, jeg. Until the lawyers came that afternoon with a lawsuit for sexual harassment from the females in the academy.

Just a note for the guys trying to hype up the Marine Corps. The Marines are a division of the Navy. Just thought I would let you fellas know that. But I bet you already did, you are Marines by the way.

Just kidding alot of people in my family are in the Corps, as well as the Navy, Army and, Coast Guard. I once heard a really Marine joke. My cousin is stationed at Norfolk Naval base in Norfolk VA. The steam pipes in Norfolk run above ground and are about 25 feet in the air. I asked my cousin why they were not underground, my cousin simply replied so the Marines dont trip over them. HEHE.
    These views are mine and mine alone.
    Ya'll be safe out there.

Think smart and not hard, who knows it could save your life.

Be Easy

Titan

Forum Member

This is way off-topic, but with all the good-natured service rivalry going on here, here's a little bit of humor that I found on another web site:

----------------------------
    The Differential Theory of US Armed Forces (Snake Model) upon encountering a snake in the Area of Operations (AO)

1. Army Infantry: Snake smells them, leaves area.

2. Army Airborne: Lands on and kills the snake.

3. Army Combat Engineer: Studies snake. Prepares in-depth doctrinal thesis in obscure 5 series Field Manual about how to defeat snake using counter-mobility assets. Complains that maneuver forces don't understand how to properly conduct doctrinal counter-snake ops.

4. Army Ranger: Plays with snake, then eats it.

5. Army Special Forces: Makes contact with snake, ignores all State Department directives and Theater Commander Rules of Engagement by building rapport with snake and winning its heart and mind. Trains it to kill other snakes. Files enormous travel settlement upon return.

6. Army Armor: Runs over snake, laughs, and looks for more snakes to squash.

7. Army Field Artillery: Kills snake with massive Time On Target barrage with three Forward Artillery Brigades in support. Kills several hundred civilians as unavoidable collateral damage. Mission is considered a success and all participants (i.e., cooks, mechanics and clerks) are awarded medals.

8. Navy SEAL: Expends all ammunition and calls for naval gunfire support in failed attempt to kill snake. Snake bites SEAL and retreats to safety. Hollywood makes fantasy film in which SEALS kill Muslim extremist snakes.

9. Navy: Fires off 50 cruise missiles from various types of ships, kills snake and makes presentation to Senate Appropriations Committee on how Naval forces are the most cost-effective means of anti-snake force projection.

10. Marine: Kills snake by accident while looking for souvenirs and a good place to get righteously drunk and start fistfights. Local civilians demand removal of all US forces from Area of Operations.

11. Marine Recon: Follows snake, and reports its movements, then finds a place to get righteously drunk and start fistfights.

12. USAF Transport pilot: Receives call for anti-snake equipment, delivers two weeks after due date.

13. Supply (All Branches): (NOTICE: Your anti-snake equipment is on backorder.)

14. Food Services (All branches): Feeds snake. Snake does not die, but wishes it could.

15. USAF Civil Engineer. Scrapes dead snake off of road surface, throws carcass into trash.

16. USAF F-15 pilot: Mis-identifies snake as enemy Mi-24 Hind helicopter and engages with missiles. Crew chief paints snake kill on aircraft.

17. USAF F-16 pilot: Finds snake, drops two CBU-87 cluster bombs, and misses snake target, but gets direct hit on Embassy 100 KM East of snake due to weather (Too hot also too cold, was clear but too overcast, too dry with rain, unlimited ceiling with low cloud cover etc.) Claims that purchasing multi-million dollar, high-tech snake killing device will enable it in the future to kill all snakes and achieve a revolution in military affairs.

18. Army Aviation: Has Global Positioning Satellite coordinates to snake. Can't find snake. Returns to base for refuel, crew rest and manicure, all in time for happy hour.

19. Army AH-64 Apache pilot: Unable to locate snake - snakes don't show well on infrared. Infrared only operable in desert AO's without power lines or SAM's.

20. Army UH-60 Blackhawk pilot: Finds snake on fourth pass after snake builds bonfire, pops smoke, lays out VS 17 to mark Landing Zone. Rotor wash blows snake into fire.

21. Judge Advocate General (JAG) (All Branches): Snake declines to bite, citing grounds of professional courtesy.

22. Intelligence officer: Snake ? What snake? Only 4 of 35 indicators of snake activity are currently active. We assess the potential for snake activity as LOW.

23. USAF B-52 pilot: Pulls ARCLIGHT mission on snake, kills snake and every other living thing within two miles of target.

24. USAF Missile crew: Lays in target coordinates to snake in 20 seconds, but can't receive authorization from National Command Authority to use nuclear weapons.

25. USAF Combat Controllers: Guides snake elsewhere, confusing it into inaction.

26. USAF Para-Rescue Jumper: Wounds snake in initial encounter, then works feverishly to save snake's life.

27. Military Police. MP shoots snake. Lays a .38 caliber pistol on the ground and claims that the snake was reaching for a gun.

28. USAF Security Forces: If snake has line badge in its possession or is not posing threat to nuclear weapons, lets it pass. If snake does not have restricted area badge, jacks it up, apprehends it, and transports snake to desk to be turned over to its commander.
    "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Forum Member

Here's one to **** everybody off:

----------------------------
    OATHS OF ENLISTMENT

U.S. AIR FORCE OATH OF ENLISTMENT

I, Zoomie, swear to sign away four years of my useless life to the United States Air Force because I know I couldn't hack it in the Army and because the Marines frighten me.

I swear to sit behind a desk and take credit for the work done by others more dedicated than me who take their job seriously. I also swear not to do any form of real exercise, but promise to defend our bike-riding test as a valid form of exercise.

I swear to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States, even though I believe myself to be above that.

I promise to walk around calling everyone by their first name because I know I'm not really in the military and I find it amusing to annoy the other services. I will have a better quality of life than all those around me and will at all times be sure to make them aware of that fact.

After completion of my -- snicker -- "basic training," I will be a lean, mean, doughnut-eating, lazy-boy sitting, civilian-wearing-blue-clothes, Air Scout. I will believe that I am superior to all others, and will make an effort to clean the knife before stabbing the next person in the back with it. I will do no work unless someone is watching me (and it makes me look good), will annoy those around me, and will go home early everyday.

I consent to never getting promoted -- EVER -- and understand that all those whom I made fun of yesterday probably will outrank me tomorrow.

So help me God.

Signature: ___________________ Date: _________________

U.S. ARMY OATH OF ENLISTMENT

I, Rambo, swear to sign away four years of my mediocre life to the United States Army because I couldn't score high enough on the ASVAB to get into the Air Force, I'm not tough enough for the Marines, and the Navy won't take me because I can't swim.

I will wear camouflage every day and tuck my trousers into my boots because I can't figure out how to use blousing straps. I promise to wear my uniform 24 hours a day even when I have a date.

I will continue telling myself that I am a fierce killing machine because my drill sergeant told me I am, despite the fact that the only action I ever will see is a court martial for sexual harassment.

I acknowledge the fact that I will make E-8 in my first year of service, and vow to maintain that it is because I scored perfect on my PT test.

After completion of my sexual -- er -- I mean, BASIC training, I will attend a different Army school once every other month and return knowing less than I did when I left.

On my first trip home after boot camp, I will walk around like I am cool and propose to my ninth-grade sweetheart. I will make my wife stay home, because if I let her out she might leave me for a smarter, better-looking Air Force guy. Should she leave me twelve times, I will continue to take her back.

While at work, I will maintain a look of knowledge while getting absolutely nothing accomplished. I will arrive at work every day at 1000 hours because of morning PT and leave every day at 1300 hours to report back to the "COMPANY."

I understand that I will undergo no training whatsoever that will help me get a job upon separation, and will end up working construction with my friends from high school. I will brag to everyone about the Army giving me $30,000 for college, but will be unable to use it because I can't pass a placement exam.

So help me God.

Signature:__________________ Date:_______________

U.S. NAVY OATH OF ALLEGIANCE

I, Top Gun, in lieu of going to prison, swear to sign away four years of my pathetic life to the United States Navy because I want to hang out with Marines without actually having to BE one of them, because I thought the Air Force was too "corporate," and because I thought, "Hey, I like to swim...Why not?"

I promise to wear clothing that went out of style in 1976 and to have my name stenciled on the butt of every pair of pants I own. I understand that I will be mistaken for the Good Humor man during the summer, and for the Waffen SS during the winter.

I will strive to use a different language than the rest of the English-speaking world, using words like "deck, bulkhead, cover, and head," when I really mean "floor, wall, hat, and toilet."

I will take great pride in the fact that all Navy acronyms, ranks and insignia, and everything else for that matter, are completely different from the other services and make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I will muster (whatever that is) at 0700 hours every morning unless I am buddy-buddy with the Chief, in which case I will show up around 0930 hours.

I vow to hone my coffee cup handling skills to the point that I can stand up in a kayak being tossed around in a typhoon and still not spill a drop.

I consent to being promoted and subsequently busted at least twice each fiscal year. I realize that, once selected for Chief, I am required to submit myself to the sick, and quite possibly illegal, whims of my new-found "colleagues." So help me Neptune.

Signature:__________________ Date:_______________

U.S. MARINE CORPS OATH OF ENLISTMENT

I, ________________ (state name here), swear...uhhhh...high-and-tight... grunt... cammies... ugh... Air Force women.... Semper Fi....OORAH!

So help me Corps.

Thumb Print:___________________ Date:______________

"Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Forum Member

An Army Ranger runs under enemy fire through and through a mud puddle and says man I love this ****.

A Navy Seal jumps off a boat swims a mile runs under enemy fire and jumps into a mud puddle. and says give me more of this ****.

A Marine Recon jumps from a plane runs under enemy fire falls into a mud puddle crawls under barbed-wire and through a minefield. And says I can't get enough of this ****.

An Airforce paratrooper jumps from bed eats breakfast runs into his room falls in his lazy-boy turns the t.v. on and has no cable and says. "What the hell is this ****."

No offense never been in the military, but have almost as much respect for you as I do my fellow firefighters.
    Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

Forum Member

Aim High, Air Force!

Get High, Marines!

(in all seriousness, my roommate at school is a Weekend Warrior in the USMC, so I will give you leathernecks some credit, but not much )

Thread Information