Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default LOSAP "length of service award program"

hown many volunteer departments have gotten this or have gotten shot down. three towns around us have gotten approve for it, two towns run more calls than we do, one town runs less than us.
    //also what does everyone think of this program?
    9/11/01 forever in our hearts

I am also from Central NJ. My Fire Department and the neighboring Fire Department have gotten this program passed by vote of the residents in our towns/townships. Everyone seemed to favor the idea of giving us something for our time as volunteers. It might not be much but it is something and if you take the time to invest it well you will make some money. I am glad our township took the time to read the issue we put forth on the election ballot last year, but we all also did our part by telling friends and family members what it is and to vote for it to pass. Thanks.
    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

here is a web site for more info for anyone who doesnt know what this program is http://www.losaplan.com
    9/11/01 forever in our hearts

I think that if this program is instituted, then other volunteer programs need to be brought into the 21st century. Require duty crews, officer training, physical fitness requirements and psychological testing for candidates.
    LOSAP is something I feel is a good motivator for volunteer recruitment and retention, however the system for delivery of services is flawed. Those in the system need to be better structured and managed for providing services. Retirement rewards should be given to volunteers for these enhancements and improvements.
    Just my $0.02.

Thread Information