mdd

Default Fire Protection Technology Degree......

i am currently going to Akron university to get a degree in fire protection. do you guys think this was a smart move, or should i just of gone and got my 240??

I don't know man, I always see those guys with fire pro. degrees waiting outside the unemployment office. Of course it's a smart move, although I don't know what a 240 is. Any education is good. And it isn't like you can never say, ya know this fire service crap ain't for me. That's the good thing about college, they don't make you stick to your initial plan...
    ...if you put the handline in the right spot, you won't have to jump out the window...
    -Andy "Nozzles", SQ18, 9-11-01

I have my Fire Protection degree and I can tell you that in the midwest, it is a great thing to have. It is another way to "sell" yourself to potential departments. You still have to do the foot work to get the job, but it helps. You will also have to work your butt off once you get that job, but then when it comes time for promotions, then you will have a one up on the others that don't.

I am in the process of enrolling in the same program (different school) and everybody I have talked to says it will make a BIG difference in your future. Let me know how it goes.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Absolutely....I have a BS degree in Arson Investigation and a BS degree in Fire Science Administration and unless I move to where there are paid dept's, and take and pass their tests, I pretty much won't be getting a job in that field! Oh well! That's why I am getting my Master's in Polical Science/Public Policy...LOL....

Thread Information