Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Memorial Tattoo

Default Memorial Tattoo

I am thinking about getting a tattoo for the fallen fire fighters in New York. I was wondering if anybody else has thought the same. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks everyone and God Bless.

Never had any interest or thought I would ever have one.
    After 9/11 Im ready, just looking for the right one.
    Anybody got a good design?

I was thinking of a simple design. A maltese cross with 9-11-01 in the middle, nyfd over the top and WTC NY, Somerset Pa, and The Pentagon DC underneath.
    Dean Urquhart
    I used to only have One President, Charleton Heston, then came George. Now I'm lucky enough to have a third.... Capt Gonzo

Forum Member

Originally posted by NCFiremedic:
    I was thinking of a simple design. A maltese cross with 9-11-01 in the middle, nyfd over the top and WTC NY, Somerset Pa, and The Pentagon DC underneath.
    Shouldn't that be "New York, NY" and "Alrlington, VA"? Or should it be, "WTC, Pentagon, Somerset, PA"? I am no fan of tattoos, but now you have me considering one... it would be great if we could come up with a single design that firefighters from around the world could get. If some tattoo artist is reading this, here is a chance to make some big bucks!
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

And it's FDNY, not nyfd.

I have one tattoo ( my dept's badge), and never really planned on having any more, but that has changed since 9/11/01. I have been looking just as you have been. One brother has already had a FDNY helmat with " In memory of our fallen brothers" above, and "09/11/01" below, done in ink. I'm looking for something that includes our nation's flag. I like the idea of a sinle tattoo that is done nation wide by any of our brothers that would be interested.

lookin to get on myself to commemorarte being there. i saw a good memorial sticker / decal, and it might just happen (as long as i don't tell the wife. i'll research ebay, and leave the address below when i get a chance.

be safe brothers!
    May God bless all the people and families who have lost
    their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
    toneloc177@firehousemail.com

MetalMedic, Phred,
    I agree with both. It seems my fingers are having a little trouble doing what the brain wanted
    Dean Urquhart
    I used to only have One President, Charleton Heston, then came George. Now I'm lucky enough to have a third.... Capt Gonzo

There is a local tattoo artist who is doing Donation Tattoo's. If you go and make a donation(any amount) you get a free tattoo. There are 8-10 different "American" tattoos to choose from. I myself did this as well. But he is also looking to do Fire/Ploice specific tattoos for donations as well. If he comes up with some good ones I will post. Personally I would like to come up with a one of a kind.
    K.A. Dempsey
    fire69dawg@yahoo.com
    "If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow"

MembersZone Subscriber

I am in the process of having a memorial tattoo designed by a local tattoo artist.

I told him if he does it right and comes up with the right cost and donation per tattoo, I would advertise it free to the 10,000 FDNY members and the 150,000+ Long Island voluteers. As soon as we're done I will post it.

I have a friend who is a tatoo artist and told him what Ihad seen posted in here so he went to work and as soon as it is done will post it !
    Just Me

There is no way in hell I would ever get a tattoo!!!
    at least that was what I used to think.
    Get those pictures of the design posted soon! I just have to sneak it past my wife!

be safe brothers
    Be safe brothers

UAF

Folks, my Fire Explorer DAUGHTER wants a memorial tattoo (she's 15 y/o). What's a mother to do? Say? Her brothers had to wait til they were 18 and could pay for it themselves.

----Ursula

First be careful..a fire fighter I know got a memorial tattoo done and put NYPD and NYFD...I didn't have the heart to tell him that he is permanently marked with the wrong thing..it is FDNY. OOPS.

I am getting a tattoo on my lower back that is a line of flames that starts out as 1/4 inch tall and gets to be about 1 inch tall..in the center of the line of flames is a maltese cross that looks like it is burned into my skin..like I have been branded a fire fighter...in the center of the maltese is our american flag waving and underneath is 9-01-11 and 12-08-96 and between these two dates it will say -
    HEROES TAKEN TOO SOON
    GOD SPEED.
    12-08-96 is the day a good friend of mine and fellow fire fighter passed on..he is a real inspiration to me even today 5 years after his death. I will NEVER FORGET him or the events and men and women who gave their lives on 09-11-01. Everything will be in black, white and grey except the American Flag which will be in it's glorious colors of red, white, and blue.

I am putting GOD SPEED on the tattoo as another memorial to our fallen brothers and sisters in NY...it was written on the side of a firetruck in some dust in NYC after the building collapsed by a victim that was saved by the FDNY. I thought it was so simple yet beautifully described that person's thanks for all the FDNY did that day.

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: hctrouble25 ]
    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Forum Member

Trouble, I would like to see a picture of your artwork when it is completed. Sounds really neat!

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Not a problem Mark....I am going this week or next week to see a friend who is an outstanding tattoo artist in my area in NJ. He does the most amazing artwork and always in very bright colors that never fade...I want the red, white, and blue to be as bold and beautiful as it is in our hearts and on our flags.
    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

This ironically is on MSN's main page today...
    http://womencentral.msn.com/beautyst...les/tattoo.asp

I, too, have wanted a tattoo for at least 6 years.....Hmmmm......

Forum Member

Trouble:

need a photographer?

Grit...you will be the first to know sweetie...just remember photographers are only allowed to snap a picture and not to touch...sorry

Forum Member

Trouble, lemme know if you need any topical ointment or lotion rubbed on there for you. I have debated a tatoo before, but do chicks dig artwork on the body of a firefighter? Does it improve my chances of finding that right mate? Dunno....

Stay safe,

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Mark440 now I know you are crazy. I will get one first. Let me know if you see some good designs. 737

Forum Member

Fire737... I'll let you know when I find a good graphic. I'll let you try it first and if you cry at all then I'll most likely wimp out. Anyone got any sippin whiskey? That might take the sting away

Stay safe,

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Hows this sound everybody. Get an American flag done like its blowing in the wind. Have a black FDNY helmet with 911 on the leather shield. Then forming a circle around it ( like the in god we trust and the other stuff you see on coins) have them put WTC, Pentagon, Somerset Pa.
    When the defecation hits the oscillation I'll be there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Mine's done.

E220lt
    for some reason your photo did not show up. Please repost I would like to see your design. Has anyone else that knows tattoo artists come up with a cool design. xenophon13 I like your idea but would like to see a drawing first. Lets see some photo's or designs.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information