Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Confused

Default Confused

OK what in the hell is the name of our new war. I remember "Desert Storm". It was a cool name with lots of things blowing up. And I dont remember it being called anything else. But today, I have heard "Noble Eagle", "Infinite Justice", "Bomb-alota-ding-ding" and "When-the-Hell-are-We-Gonna-Bomb-the-Crap-outta-istan". Just wondering what to put on my tatoo. And furthermore, when exactly are we going to um....like...punish the people involved? I just shelled out 2000 bucks for last years taxes and I heard that we are sending 230 million to feed people in one of the -istan places. Call me crazy, but aren't we supposed to be dropping bombs instead of ding-dongs over there? I thought my 2 grand was going to be spent on bullets or something cool like tank parts. I even wrote that on my check. I am getting a little worried that we are going to play the nice guy routine and put a few people in jail and call it a victory. Im still a little ****ed about the incident in New York and I wanna see lots of tents blown into confetti. Anyway, Im just venting and don't want to get into a discussion on the morality of eradicating the eastern side of the globe. What I really want to know is what this supposed war is going to be called. Any help would be appreciated.
    My comments posted here do not reflect the views of my department.

Yah, let's use some two-million dollar cruise missles to blow tents into confetti. That'll accomplish a lot.

Of course, the quickest and most steadfast allies we've had since the day of the bombing have been the Europeans. You know, the continent the United States saved from starvation and economic ruins in the aftermath of World War II with our tax dollars.

We may bicker with the Europeans over many matters, but the instant of the attack, they all joined lock step in support of us -- in no small part because of the friendship built by the Marshall Plan.

No is not the time for tantrums. When military action is needed, it will come (and most likely in the form of our boys on the ground saying Good Morning Campers...). At the same time there are big parrallels to this and how we've taken down domestic terrorists like the KKK or criminal organizations like the Mafia and reduced them to being marginal and ineffective. Remember, they never got Capone for murder...they put him away for tax-evasion.

Now must be the infuriating time of Bin-Laden and his allies. They haven't provoked a snap reaction they could use to their political benefit; they're reduced to hiding in caves, without any forms of electronic communications available (unless they want a missle up the ear), and knowing they are being systematically and relatively quietly hunted down. They've gone from being weak with a loud voice, to being paralyzed and powerless at the moment.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Good Post, Dal!

And just remember...it's like a Chess game. Lot's of strategy involved. You can't just go do mindless bombing. Even though we are not physically fighting right now, we are still fighting...we are attacking them with a psychological war. You mention Desert Storm. Remember all the soldiers surrendering? That wouldn't have happened if we didn't use psychology and strategy.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Absolutely. We win the hearts and minds of the general population and they don't throw grenades at us. If we undermine the Taliban by winning over the general population, it makes life easier for our boys in the long run. Aside from that, it proves that we are the better people by showing compassion. Toward the innocents, that is. Have to admit, I can't wait to see Bin Laden and all his buddies strung up by their heels.
    Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Yeah, the last time we tried to "Win the hearts and minds" of a population, that turned out really well.

Waterboy, I have the distintion of being a member of the Canadian Military, working with the Canadian Coast Guard. I can answer part of your question: however, the US Coast Guard has been using "OPERATION NOBLE EAGLE" since 16 Sep 01.

As for any other names given to the Federal response, one that has been used regularly is "INFINITE JUSTICE". This one came into use sometime during 13 or 14 Sep, once things had settled down a bit at the White House. Other than that, I am not aware of any other Operation names being used. I am sure that the naval task force that sailed earlier last week(?) has a name appropriate to it's task, but I haven't heard anything specific yet. Hope this answers your question.

On a personal note, if you are looking for something for your tatoo, I personally like the NOBLE EAGLE name. Seems fitting, considering the events of the last few weeks. Of course that is just my opinion.

As for your other comments, I agree wholeheartedly with both parts: blow something up, but no need for major discussion on it either. Good luck in your choice for your tatoo.
    Malahat27: "Play safe y'all."

Dropping bombs instead of ding-dongs...I love it.

Sorry for the tantrum Dal and you are correct. Like I said, I don't want to get into a discussion on "to bomb, or not to bomb" because it is as pointless as the argument about abortion. I know that what we are doing as a government is the right decision but there is a little part in me that wants to see tent stakes blown through thier guts. And you dont have to use a cruise missle, they have those cool cluster bombs that bounce and explode from a helicopter that would waste alot more tents and are alot cheaper. So lets just end this with the notion that I want to see alot of bombs, some of yall dont. The President already has a plan and it will do nothing but make problems inhere if we argue about what we think George W should or shouldnt do. And thank you Mal for answering my question and not jumping my *** for wanting to waste the little dirt roaches.
    My comments posted here do not reflect the views of my department.

How about dropping ding-dongs w/ some ex-lax mixed in? My guess is the Taliban will take the Ding Dongs any way. They sure aren't going to let the refugees have the good stuff.

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

I think it was smart thinking on someone's part to put USA in big letters on the humanitarian aid we are giving to the Afghan refugees. Every time they show the footage of trucks with food being unloaded over in Afghanistan, it's on there. So to those people that think this country is self-centered, they can stick it up their a**

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: NY Smokey ]
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Operation NOBLE EAGLE is the name of the homeland defense initiatives and recovery efforts.
    Operation ENDURING FREEDOM is the new name for INFINITE JUSTICE, which is whatever it is we plan on doing (or have done and haven't said anything) to the terrorists.

(in the voice of Homer Simpson) mmmmmm...cluster bombs.....

-----
    It is amazing in some ways how some technologies have changed radically since WWII.

When you watch battle ground film, or even the movies, the WWII munitions would hit, and unless you were right next to it, you had a pretty good chance of not getting hit by shrapnel.

With today's cluster munitions which essentially form into 100s if not 1000s of hand gernades bouncing around the battlefield, you just aren't going see many "heroic charges" anymore. If your in range of rockets, artillery, or aircraft, ground movement is pretty much eliminated by these buggers.

Yeah, small units will still move with enough stealth to achieve a target and take cover before the cluster munitions come in...but your no longer going to see large unit charges like storming the beach at Normandy, at least if the enemy has any amount of cluster munitions available!
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Thread Information