Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: THE BEST JOKE

Default THE BEST JOKE

What is the best joke or prank you've ever played on someone at the station? I'm needing some ideas guys. Help me out.

Forum Member
    World's largest open-air insane asylum... Santa Cruz CA

If you're referring to rookies, there's always a few items to send them off to a neighboring station to obtain (of course, you tip off the OIC at the other station first):

a 5 gallon pail of "water stretcher"... "ladder grease"... "backboard wax"... if you think you can get away with it, the "horizontal smoke shifter"...

You'd be amazed at what they return with!!!

Use your imagination!!!
    Remember the brothers... FDNY 9/11/01

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

I.A.C.O.J. for LIFE!

I always liked to send the probies on a wild goose chase trying to get all of the parts for the elusive water hammer...of course each part is at a different station
    Move fast or move aside...

B33

I have seen this one so many times, but it never fails to make us laugh.

Take 1 X Newbie and ask him/her to go to stores asking for a "Long Stand" for the ambulance. (Storeman needs to be on your side for this).

The current record is two hours seventeen minutes.

Stay Safe

Bob EMT-D

"And the beat goes on"

Forum Member
    World's largest open-air insane asylum... Santa Cruz CA

One I had forgotten, but still brings a smile...

We were doing a standby in-station at our VFD due to a major snowfall. There were about 12 of us, and we were preparing dinner in the kitchen of our rental hall. The kitchen just happens to be right next to the service bar... and the beer cooler!!

Now, our Chief at the time was rigidly enforcing a Department rule that banned any member from responding who had consumed any quantity of alcoholic beverages within 8 hours. (I know... maybe a bit of overkill, but...) Anyway, one of our members just happened to find a 6-pack of non-alcoholic beer in the cooler... we all poured some into plastic cups (making it look like we'd tapped the keg in the bar) just before we called upstairs that dinner was ready.

You should have seen the look on the Chief's face when he walked into the hall and thought his entire crew was suckin' down the suds!!! Took us a few minutes (and the display of the empties) to convince him otherwise...
    Remember the brothers... FDNY 9/11/01

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

I.A.C.O.J. for LIFE!

OKAY SOME OF MINE ARE GOOD....SOME ARENT

1. when it gets that time of year where its freezing *** cold outside around dark and all through the night...take a garden hose and soak the OIC's car with it....when he gets up in the morning to leave....not a chance....hell have to take an axe to his car to get in it first!!!!!

2. rookies will go for anything.... i.e. left handed spanner wrench....monkey grip for a smoothbore nozzle....work on it....(POLE HOLE WIDENER)....(POLE GREASE)

3.I DO NOT BELIEVE IN MESSING WITH ANYONES PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT...THAT IS TABOO AND CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS....

4. IF YOU HAVE A VACUUM WITH A TIMER......set the timer in the middle of the night and slide it under the rookies bed....you will get a big freakin kick when he clings to the ceiling at 530 in the morning.....(WEVE DONE THIS TO A CAPTAIN)

5. Have him do bathroom detail but right before....take a fake 20 and put it in the toilet with a pitcher yellow colored water and something resembling ya know what...and see if he will go for it....

ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES......ILL POST MORE WHEN I GET EM IN MY HEAD

WHAT A **** EATIN' GRIN
    Adam Spencer
    Cadet Firefighter/First Responder
    Nixa Fire District
    Nixa MO 65714

This one take the cooperation of a number of people and a gullible unsuspecting rookie, the yappier the rookie the better, and one who thinks he's real tough! Your cohorts will start off by placing bets that a designated FF can or can't lift close to 600lbs. You choose 2 FFs that are close to whatever lbs + the weight equal to say 600lbs. The wagering is going on all the time that this is happening adding credibility to the prank. When it is decided as to who is going to be part of the three people you then agree that the rookie has to go in the centre of the two FFs, they all lay down on the floor and the rookie wraps his arms around the other 2 FFs neck and they take a good strong purchase on his arms and do the same to his legs, the person who is going to do the lifting stands over the rookie in between the other FFs and grabs the rookie by the belt, he huffs and grunts to add some drama while someone delivers him a jug of ice water whereapon he proceeds to undo the yappy rookies belt and pour the jug down his pants! Try as he may he is locked in place and no where to go!! As more unsuspecting people come in to the party you can suckem in to this, it really is a hoot!!

Thread Information