Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

My grandfather was a member of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's mounted posse, my dad was a reserve policeman for the city I grew up in, I have several members of my immediate and extended family that are or were with the California Highway Patrol, the US Forestry Service fire crews, various volunteer and career fire departments in California, Arizona and Nevada. I'm Chief of my city fire department and I have a seven year old daughter that says "I want to be a firefighter like you daddy".
    Be Safe, Frank
    Chief Frank Rizzio
    Pea Ridge Fire Dept.
    Pea Ridge AR. 72751

Forum Member

My grandfather is volunteer Firefighter for over 50 years now. My dad is County Fire Chief been in the service 30 years now. I am a volunteer Firefighter/EMT-I approaching 5 years now. I am a paid Fire/EMS/Law Dispatcher for 2 years now. My younger brother is a volunteer Firefighter in same department as my grandfather and I. There are two brothers, and various other mixtures throughout the County (12 stations, 250+ firefighters).

Stay safe,

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

our chief is about 40-45 (heck of a good guy) but before he became chief his dad was on the f.d. but he retired. then the chief's wife is also on the dept. She is one TOUGH lady. she cusses like a guy plus she can drive the trucks better than most of the guys. .
    we also got a father and son on our fire dept.

I'm 1st generation:

I've been on the department for going on 4 years. (FF/EMT)

My little brother just went off to college...and three weeks later he decided to join the volunteer FD where he goes to school...just started EMT class.
    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine.

--Kurt Vonnegut

To start at the begining. My Grandfather was the Chief for one year and 30+years of active service. My grandmother was active for 20+years (starting in 1962). My father was Chief for one year and had 20+years of service. My mother is on here 19th year of active service and is Safety Officer currently. My sister had 5 years and was a Lt. My Wife has 13 years of active service and is Resuce Captain (also she was Fire Marshall at the South Pole Station in Antartica for one year). And I was Chief for two years and current serve as Fire Captain.

My dad grew up next door to the local fire barn-fought the great state of Maine fires with an Indian tank. One uncle was chief of a small vol dept in Maine. One uncle and one cousin were on 2 separate depts here. My cousin (although on medical because of an accident on a fire call) is still a firefighter. My sister-in law and her husband are both police officers for the same local department. She's also training for rescue.

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: pepper ]

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: pepper ]
    Pepper

Nikki VP and I share the same background and thoughts on this one. I also have the distiction of being the first "Peacetime" serving member of the military too. If you want to ask about double whammy on the "what if..." and "..are you going OVERTHERE..?" questions, I can tell you all about that. I guess the end of this is that I get to belong to the two largest "families" in the world, and I am happy to be here. Nothing in the world competes with the feeling of being welcome and needed at the same time.
    Malahat27: "Play safe y'all."

I thought I was first generation in my family, but I found out that my cousin is a former captain on a vol dept out in Colorado, but his dept went paid. Also my girlfriend is joining as a junior on her dept when they establish the program, and her grandfather is a former chief of a neighboring dept of her.

I have been a firefighter/ paramedic with my career department for going on six years. My dad is a fire engineer in the same department and my uncle is a Lt. here also. They both hired on together and have over 20 years in.

My dad used to be chief.My brother is a member. We also have three brothers, a husband/wife combo,father/daughter combo,father/son-in-law, and uncle/nephews. Not to mention most of the spouses are involved with the Ladies Auxillary.
    K.A. Dempsey
    fire69dawg@yahoo.com
    "If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow"

Some of the family members that i know, that are not closely linked to my family, work in the emergency services including fire in BC.
    Firefighters are beneficial to every community with the wealth of information they have!

They don't get enough praise, for the information and skills they know! It could save your life one day!!!!!

This might not be generations of people, but on our department we have 3 married couples. I my self married my LT, and my cousin is a firefighter. Not much of a family history- But we are trying to start one!!

A. I was a paid firefighter 23 yrs, VBFD Virginia beach Fire Dept.
    B. Brother 24 yrs, VBFD
    C. My Son is in his second year of fire science program and currently in hiring process for Norfolk and Suffolk city fire
    D. Half brother a Battalion Chief Newport News Fire Dept.
    E. Uncle retired VBPD
    F. Uncle retired Virginia State Police
    Retired VBFD 08/31/98, VBFD Badge 115, Charter Union member local 2924

The whole damn nutty family is or has been involved in public safety for several generations. Father retired Fire Capt.,&
    later retired PD Sgt. & 911 Spvr., step-father retired Fire D.C., uncles are retired
    Fire Lt.s & Marines, sisters are career &
    Vollie EMTs, Brother in-law career & Vollie
    Firefighter, Grandfather retired FF & Army Sgt.,Step-mothers 911 Disp.s,and ME 20-yrs.
    Vollie & Career Firefighter. Plus all have
    served in the military! Family reunions look like Firefighter/Police Conventions!

UAF

In our family, it's the females who are the firefighters: myself (vollie FF & first responder) my daughter (Explorer-- who is too young to be licensed but knows her EMS) and my sister (professional FF & paramedic). My late father was chief engineer on the U.S.S. Wasp and the U.S.S. Tunny (to name just two of several): I think he probably fought a fire or two in his career. My other sibs also worked in emergency medicine-- 1970's free clinic style.

Thread Information