Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default ANTHRAX IS BOCA RATON!!!

I was just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about the man in Boca Raton dying of Anthrax exposure...

They also said that his business partner now has it and traces of it were found on a keyboard.... THIS IS FREAKY!!

They are testing everyone in the office building now.... Has anyone else heard anything or something of the sort???

What are your feelings on it all???
    Adam Spencer
    Cadet Firefighter/First Responder
    Nixa Fire District
    Nixa MO 65714

I would take these reports with a healthy dose of "Don't Panic."

Anthrax is a naturally occuring disease, although through aggressive programs it's very rare in the United States now.

It's hard to believe someone with the technical skills to collect the spores would target a supermarket tabloid. We're not talking about something of much political value, that would cause a widespread panic, or achieve any military aims here!

The most unusual thing about the Florida incident is it's the inhaled form of an Anthrax infection, which only happens in the U.S. once every couple of Decades. But it does happen. Before Anthrax was controlled in the U.S., over 100 people died each year in the first decades of the 20th century. Now, each year there's only a handful of infections and the occassionally fatality -- just to prove it's still around naturally.

I think law enforcement is doing it's proper job -- it's probably a natural outbreak, but let's just be sure...
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Dalmation is quite right, it does occur naturaly and now there is probably a highented level of awareness, more so than ever before. Yet still somewhat scary.
    But my question is this has anybody else heard of this klingerman virus I think that is what it is called, comes in a blue envelope?? I've gotten several e-mails about it butt don't realy take it to heart due to lack of media coverage and nothing coming in on the offical faxes.
    the truth never hides for long

The Klingerman Virus was proven to be a hoax.

Forum Member
    World's largest open-air insane asylum... Santa Cruz CA

http://www.snopes.com/toxins/klinger.htm

This should tell you all you need to know about the so-called "Klingerman virus". It's a hoax.
    Remember the brothers... FDNY 9/11/01

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

I.A.C.O.J. for LIFE!

I agree with Dalmation that it is best not to panic. Though I was getting breakfast this morning, and looked at the front page of the New York Post, and on the bottom half of the front page it said ANTRHAX OUTBREAK in big letters. I think it's exagerating so much, and the picture above it was funnier of the bombed out building in Afghanistan and above it the title of the article was "Kabulseye" found that humorous.

MembersZone Subscriber

It was released at the news conference this AM that the Anthrax in sthis incident is the inhalable type. If it is, it is highly unlikely that this is a natural incident.

However, what it proves is just how difficult it is to disperse biological agents. Anthrax has to be dispersed in 1 to micron sized droplets and it tkaes 10,000 - 15,000 spores to actually infect a person. Anthrax is also not contagious through human contact.

I think we have to be diligent about this stuff, but I still fear the idiot with the gasoline tanker more than I fear a bio attack.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

It was released at the news conference this AM that the Anthrax in sthis incident is the inhalable type. If it is, it is highly unlikely that this is a natural incident

Agree with you George, if this does prove deliberate (which it's looking more likely), it still shows how difficult it is to "weaponize" Anthrax and make it effective.

One clarification though, all "types" of anthrax are the same spores -- but the means of exposure may vary. Most common in the U.S. and world probably is skin-contact with the spores from handling dead animals. Then comes "gastrointenstinal" from eating meat from infected animals. By far the least common way is by Inhaling spores. All Anthrax spores are "inhalable" but actually having enough spores airborne to inhale them and contract "pulmonary Anthrax" is unusual
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

"Newsweek magazine reported on its Web site Monday that the American Media office received a ``weird love letter to Jennifer Lopez'' a week before the Sept. 11 attacks. Inside was what was described as a ``soapy, powdery substance'' and a Star of David charm. The letter was handled by both Stevens and Blanco, according to unidentified workers cited by Newsweek. "
    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/2001...x_case_48.html

Looks like it was intended for this outfit.

I would doubt that it is related to the NY/DC attacks, as it is too specific, too small.
    The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

Thread Information