Thread: 240 seconds

Default 240 seconds

Dear NYFD,

I know this is probably something that you really don't need right now, but please, if you do one thing today, please listen to this song. We are not singers, song writers, or promoters. We do not want publicity, money, contracts, or fame. We are just a family trying to make a difference.

Here is a very special song our family made:
    http://www.pajamafeet.com/newyork/

You probably have received hundreds of tributes, but this one is special. It is a voice over of our 4 year old son on a Rolling Stone song "Blinded By Rainbows".

We wanted to help so badly with the tragedy in New York but had no idea how. We have given blood and sent money but it seemed like we were completely disconnected from the victims in New York.

Finally, we tried to put ourselves in the families shoes that were losing loved ones as we watched on TV, and that is how this started. My wife asked me what it would be like if I was one of the firefighters, police officers, or workers in the World Trade Center towers when it was hit by the plane. I told her that I would try and call home because I knew she would be watching the tragic events on TV and would be worried. My wife said that she would be to emotional and would not be able to talk on the phone.

The background to the song goes like this:
    The father calls home to tell his wife that he loves her and to say goodbye. The emotions are to much for her and she has to put the phone down. The young son picks up the phone and starts asking his dad questions, just like little boys do. The boy is to young to understand what is going on but he can sense that his father is scared and asks him if he is OK. The father does not want to scare his son and tries to explain to him that he has to be the man of the house now, just like fathers do. Then the phone goes dead and they are cut off.

This is when it hit us. There were hundreds of calls like this that day. Families being ripped apart by a senseless act. Firefighters, Police Officers, Paramedics, and Office Workers all ripped away from their families.

I hope you can take four minutes to listen to the song. Please visit our web site and see all of the wonderful comments folks have left for you. They are from all over and they to care very much.

God Bless You All,

Noah, Christian, Jordan, Jodi, and Chris
    www.pajamafeet.com/newyork/

MembersZone Subscriber

Once again I've got that lump in my throat and my face is wet.
    Captain/EMT-P

As I wipe my tears, all I can say is thank you. You folks did a wonderful job.
    As Always, Stay Low and Stay Safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Noah, Christian, Jordan, Jodi, and Chris - Beautiful.

A wonderful tribute.

To everyone else - you truly owe it to yourselves to download and listen to this.

Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank You

Forum Member

Leaves me speechless!

This is an incredible tribute! I wish that they would play this on the radio stations across the U.S.! I recommend to everyone, take the time to download this song. It was worth every minute I had to wait.

Jason S.

Jolly Roger
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ditto what everyone said.

Well done!

I too hope it gets radio airplay.

This made me shed a tear with a co-worker of mine, who is a female, and to be honest, I didnt even feel the "intimidation" of a tear with her, like I would in a different enviroment. This is an excellent tribute, and may all of those who parished on Sept 11th, and the days that followed rest in piece.

GOD SPEED
    John Williams
    NRFF1
    City of Clairton
    Fire / EMS

Like many others, I downloaded the song and can't beleive it. This truly epitomizes the feelings of what happend on 911. It brings you face to face within the exact moment in time between two victims, a father and a son. This is why I do this job, because I know that I not only make a difference in the life I'm trying to save but in the lives that this life touches. Great song. God Bless.

I just played this for my wife. She came up with a really great idea. We are going to send this to a couple of the local radio stations here and try and get them to play it. It would be awesome if we could get this song played on radio stations everywhere.

Thread Information