Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default Let's send cards to the firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero!

I recieved a wonderful email that urged me to join a "Card Writing Campain" where everyone across the country sends cards to the firefighters and rescue workers that are still working at the WTC. I think this is a great idea! I think we should shower them with letters and cards filled with our support and our love - right up until the end! We should let them all know that we are still thinking of them and praying for them every step of the way!
    Here is an address where we can send cards to the firefighters and rescue workers:

NYC Fire Department
    c/o National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
    P.O. Box 498
    Emmitsburg,MD 21727

I hope everyone will join this Card Writing campain! Please send this address to everyone you know!
    Thanks!

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: Michelle Latham ]

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: Michelle Latham ]
    Probie Name: HurryUpMichelle!!

Administrator

All cards for members of the FDNY should be directed through the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation at http://www.firehero.org

We encourage you to send your cards there as to not overwhelm the folks in New York. We ensure you they will be forwarded to New York over time.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Webteam,

Would you be able to provide a zip code for that address? It just says the PO BOX and Emmittsburg MD. Thanks!
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

With all due respect, I think that we should hold off overloading mailrooms with letters considering the current "scare" with mail and such. Just think, when everyone is become suspicious of mail, they start getting a ton of unsolicited stuff.

I think it should be fine to send cards as long as we include our return address and the cards aren't bulky or otherwise suspicious. We are being warned to look out for bulky letters that don't have a return address or are from another country. What do you guys think?
    Web Team - I put in the address you suggested.

Let's keep on supporting our Brothers and Sisters in NYC! We don't want them to think that they've been forgotten!
    Probie Name: HurryUpMichelle!!

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

I can see your point BoneyT. I guess my only question is WHEN will it be appropriate to send the cards,letters,drawings,etc? Unfortunately, I don't see this anthrax scare going away anytime soon. The men and women of FDNY,FDNY EMS,NYPD,and PAPD should have these items gradually given to them so they can read something positive during breaks. One of the guys on last night's Third Watch said it was sometimes heartwrenching to read them but it provided a momentary escape. Anybody got any suggestions on a time line for when to start sending them?
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Thread Information