Default Station Live Ins/Bunkroom Residents

I was wondering if anyone knew some information about these live ins & locations? Maybe some personal experience? I am looking for some in California or back east. Website links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Check the Department links section and look for Berwyn Heights, Hyattsville, Kentland... might be what you are looking for. They are in Maryland.
    Hey, it's MY opinion, not that of my department or peers.

UAF

Call FF Winkley at 707.443-9042 up in Northern CA about the resident program at Samoa Peninsula Fire District (which is near Eureka, CA, up in the Redwoods. Basically, you get FF1 training, First Responder, EMT-1 training, your Class B or whatever it is driver's license, and your choice of two colleges (Humboldt State University, College of the Redwoods) within 15-20 minutes driving time. Good surfing, but bring your wetsuit!

Yes on the Berwyn Heights. A friend of mine did it while he went to school down there. EXCELLENT program. Great for Rescue & Truck work.

Default edit

edit
    Last edited by 12865; 07-24-2002 at 07:48 PM.
    -----------
    Oakland Fire Department, California
    IAFF Local 55
    -----------

Forum Member

An additional attraction about Berwyn Heights...They are overdue to burn the roof off of another garden apartment in Springhill Lake.

Forum Member

Can't you just feel the love?
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Check out our site Berwyn Hieghts VFD. You can follow the link to get info on the bunkroom. Also, you can look at a lot of pics of calls and our apparatus
    THE ABOVE REFLECTS MY OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS THOSE OF MY DEPARTMENT.

There are few depts. in central new york that have programs. If you are looking for a fire program. OCC(onondaga community college) has a good program. With many places to bunk. the depts in the area that have programs are North Syracuse(where i am) there site is www.northsyracusefire.com another dept. right local to there is Moyers Corners their site. www.mcfd.org . Other depts in the area are Taunton, South Onondaga, Baldwinsville and Liverpool. I am not sure what their sites are you can find the at www.signal99.com As for the maryland area...HVFD has a great program.

stay safe...
    stay safe...
    biv

You can try College Park VFD, Hyattsville VFD, Berwyn Heights VFD. These are especially nice if you're a student cause all are close to the University of Maryland. They've also got a lot of students who staff them. All are pretty good places and run a good amount of calls. They're not the busiest in PG County but their busy enough when you got other stuff like work and school to do...

HI, I know you stated that you are looking for departments out west or in the east, but there is a program like this in Southern Illinois or at least I know it used to be available. The Area of Southern Illinois University at Carbondale is mostly rural and there is a depertment there that has a huge Fire District. They had this type of program. They would go to the college and inform the students that they would provide free room and board if they would get the required fire service classes. I believe that they are required to become a Firefighter II and that they would have a schedule worked out so that they had around the clock coverage. It seems to have worked well for them.

Thread Information