Default FIRE HELMET EVALUATIONS NEEDED!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR EVALUATIONS HAVE SHOWN

WE ARE CURRENTLY SEETING UP A COMMITEE TO PURCHASE NEW TRADITIONAL HELMETS. IF ANYONE HAS DONE RESEARCH ON DIFFERENT BRANDS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKIN AT THE BEN 2 PLUS. IF ANYONE HAS RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE E-MAIL ME. SK8RACER@AOL.COM ALL INFORMATION WILL BE USED AND EVALUATED.

GOD BLESS OUR BROTHERS AND SISTER FROM FDNY!
    THE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN...THEY DID THEIR JOB AND THEY DID IT WELL..WE WILL ALWAYS BE PROUD!

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

we got morning pride helmets at my f.d. They are pretty good helmets. Another helmet i like is Phenix helmets i haven't worn or know anybody who has them. They just look nice.

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

When you don't have a budget for a leather helmet, a Ben II Plus is great. I like mine a lot. The gold plated eagle is a nice touch. It's light yet tough and seems to ride lower than the Cairns 1010 I previously had. FDNY uses Ben II Plus helmets and I haven't heard anything negative about them other than they aren't leather Whatever you do, don't get any salad bowls! Good luck.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Check out the Paul Conway American Classic. Its sold by Lion now. Its light, tough, and affordable, and if its anything like the American Heritage (the leather version)its very comfortable.
    When the defecation hits the oscillation I'll be there.

We don't use traditional helmets anymore. They just don't give the protection the GALLET FS1(A) helmets do. We can also hook our face mask directly onto our helmet, which saves some time.
    The only downsise to these helmets is that the feeling of heat on your ears is gone, and hearing is a bit less.

web page

Another type used here is the rosenbauer "heros" helmet. Here the helmet is a cross-over between the gallet helmet and a traditional one. The ears are free.
    web page

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Pyro128 ]

District Chief

I have worn many helmets... My personal preference is the ...Cairns Leather Helmet with Goggles of Bourque Eye ShieldsThere is no better!!! Of course the flip down eye shields are non compliant...

A great alternative product is the Chieftain 1910. Looks identical to the Cairns 1010 or 1000. Also is lighter that the Morning Pride and other helmets in my opinion. Comes with Full face shield or goggle option. Fully Compliant and priced very competitive with the others on the market.

Chieftain Safety Products

Contact them for a dealer near you... Ask for a demo helmet. I know my company has provided test helmets in some cases.

Good luck
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

I have been using a Paul Conway Leather for the past year and a half or so. I think it si the best helmet I've tried. It's at least $100 less than any other leather I have found and it's a hell of a lot more comfortable. The leather and paded head support sytem just makes it so comfortable to wear, especially if you're going to be wearing it for a while.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

I just bought a Lion Legend Traditional helmet at it is awesome. the lightest traditional I ever wore before. It ways just 48OZ. and I payed only $135.00. Also a friend of mine bought the same one and he says he likes it more than his Ben, becasue it just fits better on your head. and it has the brass eagle not the cheap one.

Thread Information