Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default Anti-American Muslim FF

Here's a copy of the story...

October 18, 2001 -- ALBANY - A Muslim firefighter in Albany was taken off the job after ripping down a poster of an American flag that had been hung at his station to honor the firefighters who died in the World Trade Center attack.

The firefighter, Sebastian Banks, 38, was placed on paid administrative leave until after an upcoming court hearing on an unrelated gun-possession charge.

Albany firefighters were fuming when Banks last week tore down the poster that displayed an American flag and the words: "These colors don't run."

"He has no problem with the display of the American flag," but found the words "offensive," said his lawyer, Gaspar Castillo.

But the action became a distraction at the firehouse, said Det. James Miller, a spokesman for Albany's fire department. Some firefighters claim Banks, who sued his way onto the force after claiming he was passed over due to racial discrimination, has uttered anti-American statements since the Sept. 11 attacks.

Banks could not be reached for comment. He was arrested on Sept. 14 after allegedly putting a shotgun and a rifle into his car.
    ---------------------
    How can you be offened by "These colors don't run"??? That phrase is not attacking anyone, it's a statement of courage and pride in your country. If you do not believe in the American way, why are you here! Buy the guy a one-way ticket to anywhere but here

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

I'm wondering why he was still on active duty after a gun possession charge. Couldn't he have been put on paid administrative leave for that? Has nothing to do with him being Muslim. He just sounds like an *******. Plain and simple.

Sue your way on to the dept, carry illegal weapons, then bitch about the American flag This guy needs to find another job. Maybe he should get together with those two from Florida. They can share a plane ride out of here

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: NY Smokey ]
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Sta22BeaverCoPA
    Firehouse.com Guest

I think he needs to find a new life, he doesn't sound like a brother to me. Maybe Dunkin Donuts would accept him, except when they put red, white and blue sprinkles on the donuts, then the customers would have to duck.

No, I think he needs to get out of the fire department, be it his choice or someone elses.

MembersZone Subscriber Engine58's Avatar

ALL I GOTTA SAY IS GO USA!!! BOMBS AWAY!!!

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: Engine58 ]
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Forum Member
    World's largest open-air insane asylum... Santa Cruz CA

This clown ain't nothin' but a MUTT. He SUED his way onto the job??? Gets a gun possession charge??? Then rips down the Colors??? This mutt might wear a uniform, but he's no brother IMO...

You guys in Albany should have a blanket party for this ******bag ASAP... then send his @$$ straight to Afghanistan. Too bad Southwest doesn't fly international... I've got a one-way ticket that expires the end of the month that I'd donate to get rid of him...
    Remember the brothers... FDNY 9/11/01

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

I.A.C.O.J. for LIFE!

Should let him try to do that down at Ground Zero....

This guys has got the "nads" to live and work in the great country, and yet rips down a symble of our country and the loss of "his" FELLOW firefighting brothers and sisters

PAID administrative leave no less- that BS

FIND A NEW JOB or HOME A@# H$^*(

Forum Member

We can all thank affirmative action.

Go ahead. I'm ready with firsthand ammunition. Just be talking about affirmative action.

Not equal opportunity. There is a BIG difference.

Forum Member

I have more than 30 years service in this profession. During that time, I have worked with some truly awe-inspiring firefighters, as well as many others throughout the spectrum. Until this morning, I don't think I have ever felt there was anyone I really wouldn't work with. But this dipstick from Albany has changed my mind.

One of the reasons we all take the risks that we do is that we feel confident that our brother firefighters have 'got our back' when things go south. I don't know about you, but I don't think I would have ANY confidence in this schmuck.

The fire service is about BROTHERHOOD. If you can't understand that, you should find another line of work.

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: oldE6man ]

He should be fired and then sent to miami in a cab to join those smucks... Perhaps they could start their own fire department (UAFD???) and then we can call for them to finish the ruble removal in NYC!

4 JERKS!!!!!!!

Also...charge him with destruction of department property.

I second the motion...."thank god for affirmative action, EEO, Title 17 and all that stuff.... Makes living life better doesnt it? NOT!!!!!!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

I'm not even american and can't rely to that!

We hung an american flag into our firehouse, tied together with a black ribbon. It will stay there until all victims have been found.

Also, every fire truck in Belgium has a black ribbon tied to it until that day.

I'm surprised this guy still gets paid!

About the gun charge thing. If heard right on the news yesterday the gun charge was a day or two before or after the poster incident and it hadn't reached the administration yet for disciplinary action. In either case, from the sounds of it this wonderful specimen of the human race couldn't have been the most popular person in his house, let alone the department. First off, you sue to get on the job, no matter your race, it is not the best way to get the job. Secondly, in any firehouse house in the United States of America in time of war or peace you better never say anything against this great country. You just might have to be peeled out of the mits of some veteran, as many of us are veterans (myself included.) Thirdly, I'm sure this guy probably had said in the past many indecent things about this country before the attacks. Again not a smart thing to do. If he's smart, he'll never return to the house again, except to get his personal things because they'll probably treat him like a pariah. That could make for a long career. I'm sure the boys in Albany will take good care of him.

Semper Fi! Stay safe. God Bless.

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Da Sharkie ]
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member
    Drifting on a raft in the Carribean Ocean listening to Buffet.

Why in the name of stupidity is someone who gets arrested for a weapons violation still on the job? What is the administration thinking or should I say smoking. This man clearly needs some type of assistance in realizing what exactly the flag means. What the heck is wrong with these people that love to work here, get paid by our federal, state and local governments then spit on them because they try to show a little support for their country.

Dear knucklehead in New York:
    YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO S***. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE MY FOOT PLACED SQUARELY IN YOUR A**. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SLEEP ON THE STREET IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHERE YOU WORK. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET ON A PLANE AND GO THE F*** BACK FROM WHERE EVER THE H*** YOU CAME FROM IF THIS COUNTRY IS SO BAD. IF YOU ARE FROM HERE THEN YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO PACK YOUR SH** AND GET THE F*** OUT ANYWAY. OTHERWISE KEEP YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF MY !!!! FLAG. I FOUGHT FOR IT! AND DON'T WANT SOME M***** F****** YAHOO TOUCHING IT THAT CAN'T RESPECT WHAT IT REPRESENTS NO MATTER WHAT!!

Everyone else have great day!! And be safe.
    Matt

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: pwc606 ]

The Chief, Line Officers, Administrative Officers, Township and County Officials, etc. should all be reevaluated. Why would they allow a man under current criminal investigation to continue to serve in the firehouse? He should have been suspended until the case was resolved and he had his day in court. Sometimes I think our leaders forget what leading is all about. This guy better get FIRED and everyone associated with him and the Fire Department decision making better be investigated. What a shame that it has come to this.
    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

If I write what I'm thinking right now, someone may want to hold the Chaplain accountable, so I'll just say this... if this person is an AMERICAN FIREFIGHTER, then I'm John the Baptist resurrected.
    I got your back Brothers!
    See you on the big one!<br />Billy Reiter 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

Sounds to me like this guy needs a good old fashioned 3 AM "blanket party".
    Keep him at home where he belongs not on the job. He isn't worth the aggrivation that he would inflict on the real firefighters by his mere presence.
    He sued his way onto the department, irregardless of race, I can't see how any court in the land could argue his termination (which should have been instant) wasn't the right thing to do. (It's that whole safe workplace thing)
    Fire him and do it with a smile, so that way we get to watch HIS colors run..... right out the door.
    Be safe everyone.

(As I saw on a billboard..... sorry to the author, I don't remember where)
    "Remember those that we lost, and never forget who did this"
    JMD

I'd be willing to chip in for his one way ticket to Afganistan...... only $1300 according to Travelocity.com!
    This what I think and doesn't reflect anyone elese opinion.

I just want to know why the h*** this M***** F***** isn't on a plane on the way back to his rag-head homeland where he belongs. People who desecrate the flag should lose all their rights in this great country and see how they like it somewhere else. I agree with NY Smokey. Put this F*** and those two F**** from FL on a plane to somewhere far away from the REAL Americans. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Medic129 ]

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Medic129 ]

Forum Member

Ohh dear. There is always someone who wants to spoil your day. I would feel the same way if someon grabed the Union Jack and tore it down. I think feathers would have flown if I was standing next to him and he would have needed an operation to retrieve my boot from him rectal orafice.
    Kindest regards & keep safe,

Sprinkle (UK)
    www.sprinkle2.homestead.com

If its true, I hope me is removed from the ranks, the city, the state, and the country!
    Retired VBFD 08/31/98, VBFD Badge 115, Charter Union member local 2924

Thread Information