Default Mr. Banks in Albany

I feel sorry for Albany, every department has at least one!

I would gladly donate to a one-way plane ride to Afghanistan and a used parachute.
    A quote from Firefighter Timothy Stackpole, FDNY (borrowed from Bits & Pieces magazine)<br />"The greatest high you can get in life is by helping somebody."

Sorry, don't remember hearing that Banks is Afghanistani. If he is an ********* it is because he's an *********, not because he's a Muslim.

Some of you people on here are starting to mirror the type of racism that bred the horrific deeds in NY. The type of racism that led to a world war and the type of racism that led to carnage in the former Yugoslavia (US planes bombed the people attacking the Muslims that time).

Please don't let your anger and grief make you like the extremists, if that happens there is nothing left.

Ian:
    God forbid this should ever happen again...anywhere, but what if it had happened in London, Liverpool and Bath instead of NYC, D.C. and Pennsylvania? I wonder how liberal and accepting you would be of someone tearing down the Union Jack?

I don't know what your BBC is reporting but I can tell you there has been a reaction in this country that is just the reverse of what you seem to think. There is wide support for the majority of Arabs and Muslims who are peaceful people.

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: NozzleHog ]

Belive me I am not liberal about these things. We have faced years of terrorism on a smaller scale on our own doorstep and have had to fight it with one hand tied behind our back. Bin Laden and his playmates are heading for a fall and it's going to be a big one.

I just think that it's important not to let things get out of hand. What I said was directed at some of the individuals whose comments were getting personal.

Nothing has been reported to suggest that Americans are getting this way generally and I certainly didn't mean to suggest they were, just some on this site.

You might be interested to know we held a street collection in the city a few weekends ago and in a few hours collected 8500. We were stunned by people's generosity and it's been the same up and down the country. Our thoughts continue to be with you all.

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: Ian346 ]

Ian:
    The outpouring of support and sympathy from the British people, especially, has been overwhelming. It definitely hasn't gone unnoticed in this country and I think I speak for (almost) all American's when I say we appreciate it more than words can say. I personally was moved to tears when the Coldstream Guards played our national anthem at Buckingham Palace. You are truly our friends and allies.

PS: I think a lot of us on this forum feel very betrayed by those few who denounce our flag and dishonor the memory of our fallen brothers. What some are doing is "venting", and I don't mean opening the roof! Take care.

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: NozzleHog ]

Banks is a Muslim. Muslims aren't supposed to be violent people as per their religion. Guns are used for hunting and shooting some animal or people...and that would be generally perceived as violent activity. Banks was arrested for placing guns into his car. This isn't "Muslim" behavior.Possession of these weapons would be against his religion and the usage for that matter. What is his excuse for his actions? He was out of line by pulling the poster and was out of line with regard to his religion by possessing guns.
    He doesn't sound any good to me. I wouldn't trust him on the job.
    Just my 0.02.

The article said he made anti-american statments, is he a us citizen or here on a visa? If he was as the muslem religon says peaceful, he would have been saying those things and carrying a weapon. One thing I want to make clear here, Americans have to quit worrying about who they offend. You can't pray in the schools for fear of offending someone, kids can't wear flags on their clothes for fear of offending someone.... Well, the ones we seem to offend, if they don't like it here in AMERICAplease leave at the nearest exit because, the flag will continue to wave and as bad as it is to say we will be stronger for what happened.

Thread Information