Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Going to NYC

Default Going to NYC

Two of us are planning to go to NY for two funerals. Any advice on where to stay in Manhatten, or anything else you can think of, would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have an answer for you, but this is as good a place as any for me to ask a question for our Brothers and Sisters in NYC.

I group of students at the college where I work are interested in going to New York City to see "ground zero" because of its historical, and emotional significance. However, they don't want to just be "tourist." They have approached me for advised and I have referred them to the local Red Cross Chapter. I was curious to know if there would be some task that they could help with during the course of a 3-day weekend in January to allow them to be part of the solution and not part of the problem up there. My initial idea was to see if they could help out at a rehab station during the days. I am guessing that by January, there will be some serious burn-out in the staff and some fresh, energetic, people might be appreciated.

If anyone has any contacts that could help them out, please e-mail them to me at

nester.1@osu.edu

Thanks!
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Richard-

These kids from the Columbus campus? I am an alum, BA Spring 2000. I'd be interested in talking with you about the prospect of this, perhaps joining you...How are you affiliated with the university and at what campus?
    My opinions only.

AGS-SGA 091101

Originally posted by TruroFAO:
    Richard-

These kids from the Columbus campus? I am an alum, BA Spring 2000. I'd be interested in talking with you about the prospect of this, perhaps joining you...How are you affiliated with the university and at what campus?
    They are at the Wooster Campus (Agricultural Technical Institute)... I am a Police Sergeant for the Wooster Campus.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Thread Information