Default "A Mission Of Brotherhood"

Forgive this intrusion from an uninvited guest. I simply wanted to give thanks to you brave firemen. I wanted so much to personally thank every ONE of you. That is impossible. Instead, I rely on mere words and hope the message somehow reaches your hearts.
    I wrote this for you. Bless you. God keep you safe!

"A Misson Of Brotherhood" by: KauilPolu

Six weeks have passed. In some ways it seems like forever, and in ways it feels like time has not moved. For those who still wait for the missing to be found, life is on hold. The search continues.
    We thought after seeing thousands of our fellow men, women and children rain from a sky of ash in a fall to certain death, that we would surely never feel more pain nor witness more terror again in our lifetime.
    But then in the days that would follow Tuesday, we were forced into the face of a frozen reality so sharp with grief, so shredded of hope, so raw with sorrow and so bathed in fear that we are beginning to wonder if there indeed will be an end in sight.
    Our Liberty is teetering on a jagged edge. We strain to believe in things we can't see. We lean into our courage and depend on faith like never before. We are asked to be vigilant, patient. Yet what we want most is revenge, justice. We want to grab a sword and run blindly towards an enemy that just tried to destroy everything we ever believed in or loved.
    But this dragon has more than one head. To slay this enemy we must become the Samurai Soldier, trained to believe that even without his head, he will be able to fight...guided by sheer will alone.
    This is a mission of brotherhood. As legions of marchers pound their way over the bloodied streets of Manhattan, and the broken bones of the Pentagon, and the tortured fields of the Pennsylvania heartland...we must take time to listen to the stories they bring along. They are you...they are me...they are the missing pieces of our souls. Without them, we are faceless. Without them, we are empty vessels sailing nowhere without purpose.
    For we are the sum total of our shared pasts. We are Kin to the first snarling wolf to send his voice out over the land in the primal tones of a howl that was the founder of a line that still exists today. We are the warriors and bards and lorry drivers and housewives. We are the immigrants, migrants, misplaced and refugees. We are a nation of homeless who carved a future into the lap of a nation created on sand.
    And so goes the roots of this one tree as the talesingers far-reaching fingers stretch all the way through time and come grabbing new stories out of the smoking Manhattan sky. Everyone has their story. Without the faeriekind to spin them into the golden twilight of the new dawn, who would we be?
    According to the ancients, you should make a decision in less than seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined enough to break through to the other side!
    As a nation we made a decision in the time that it took our tallest building to crumble and fall from it's place in a Manhattan skyline. In the time it took almost 6,000 souls to rain from a cloud of ashes and fire, we made a decision to save what could be saved.

It is also said that when man understands the present moment there will be nothing else to do and nothing else to pursue, for life is surely just moment to moment. But we do NOT understand what happened on that Tuesday, and we will NOT rest until we know more.

In the past. . .those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside. We will avenge those who dared ride a tiger into OUR hearts.

We are the next generation of Americans to be summoned to give testimony to it's national loyalty. The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service before us are painted on the pages of history. Mothers are about to sacrifice son's. Fathers and husbands are about to become heroes. Under the yellow light of one candle burning, an un-planted landscape is about to be claimed by a nation transformed by their grief. In the hands of young soldiers will rest the final success or failure of our course.

The trumpet summons us again...
    "The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it" (J.F.K)
    The glow from fires of a Manhattan skyline, and the Pentagon building and the burning wound of a Pennsylvania field, can truly light the world.

The days ahead will require all of our resolve. My faith in my fellow man and my country and my God is undaunted and never stronger. This is my prayer for a future unwritten but full of promise......

"You who pull the oars, who meet the dead, who leave them at the other bank, and glide alone across the reedy marsh, please -
    take my brother's hand as he climbs into the dark hull. Look.
    The shadows trip him, and you see, he is afraid to step there barefoot.
    He is afraid...but goes...for ME!"

I am counting on a generation that is about discover it's own greatness. But I will also depend on the wisdom of other great men who took the time to make sure that the lessons of other wars will be heeded and not forgotten.

Men like Sir Winston Churchill:
    "Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duty and so bear ourselves that if the Empire last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'"

Men like John Fitzgerald Kennedy:
    "Whether you are citizens of America or citizens of the world, ask of us here the same high standards of strength and sacrifice which we ask of you. With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds; let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own.
    All this will not be finished in the first one hundred days. Nor will it be finished in the first one thousand days. . . nor in the life of this administration, nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet. But let us begin."

Let us begin...

And so we shall go forward with courage, grace and honor. God bless the brave men of New York, who refuse to see defeat in a mountain of ruin. They remind us everyday that man is capable of keeping his promise; of living by a code of honor; of testing love beyond the endurance of giants.
    Thank you for giving us something to believe in at a time that it never mattered more.

With ALL due respect, from MY heart to yours.
    Colleen McQuaid (KauilaPolu)
    Colleen McQuaid

A most beautiful piece of writing. You are a very talented individual-not just a beautiful writer, but an inspiring and intuitive person. Thank you.
    Pepper

I have read both posts and Colleen you are welcome here anytime.

Originally posted by truckie_ladderco_147:
    I have read both posts and Colleen you are welcome here anytime.
    I'll Second That
    ***The Opinions expressed here are strictly my own and do not reflect those of the Department to which I am a Member ! ***

Stratford Fire Co. # 1.."Any Job ~ Any Place ~ Any Time"

Check us Out www.stratfordfire.com

Thread Information