Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default Moving forward from 09-11-01

The WTC tragedy has brought forth much change. Airports are trying to be more secre, our borders are tighter. We as a nation are more unified, with our flags flying high and proud.

After the attacks, I went through the same stages as everyone else. I was mad, scared, and filled with this soul-tearing saddness. It was killing me that I couldn't be there lending a hand, helping my brethren. This consumed me for a long time and I lost my focus on what is really important.

I had forgotten that my real purpose is to be here for all those in need here, in my jurisdiction. The little old ladies who need help getting off the floor in the middle of the night. And the school kids who want to see the big red truck. The family whose house is burning. Or the man trapped in the car. I do this for them. the people I don't know, can't name, and may never see again.

I had forgotten that this job, no this life style, is not about me getting the glory of "The Big One". Its about us making a difference in our world.

So, to those lost at WTC, the Pentagon, in PA and those left behind trying to sort it all out, I make this promise. I will never again forget what its all about. I will do my best to perform my duties to the absolute best of my ability. With this promise, I honor your memories.

Stay safe.
    Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Firebear,
    You have said, quite beautifully, what I think a lot of others are feeling. Sometimes there are no words, no way to cope other than to do what it is you do, to the utmost of your ability. I am honored to be on the Forums with someone like you.
    Thank you.
    Pepper

Firebear,

Two words : WELL SAID!
    TW

Theirs an audience of one who can see past the air consumed words and able to see into the heart. Not alot of GLORY with snot running out my nose and diagnosed with emphysema, but what the heck, give those years back and I'd suck the same smoke.
    Thank you Lord for what you've enabled us to do and for preparing a place for our Fallen.
    See You on the "Big One"
    See you on the big one
    Billy Reiter, 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

firebear,

That was beautiful. thanks. God Bless.

It is a cloudy, gloomy day here today. Reading your responses really brightened my day up! Thanks
    Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Thread Information