Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Members Zone???

Default Members Zone???

I am just curious what you all think about Firehouse.com's proposed new member's zone? Personally, I'm not that thrilled about it
    . It looks as if we are going to be paying for at least some of the things we get for free now. Let me clarify that....I will not be paying for it.

Maybe I don't have all the details straight. Wouldn't be the first time.

What does everyone else think?

Todd
    "Greater love hath no man than this; that a man lay down his life for his friends."

MembersZone Subscriber

I was wondering what happened to the post about the Members Zone that the webteam had put up. I can't find it anywhere on here now, anyone know where it's at?

Administrator

The MembersZone thread was closed because people got out of control and instead of looking at what was included in the new service they made up what they thought would happen.

Please, if you want to join, please do, if you don't, don't ... it's ok. The BULK of our content will continue to be free. But please realize it takes countless hours, funding and resources to run a site like Firehouse.com. The MembersZone will offer some very cool services and if it takes off, can be grown into a true online community with tons of interactive features that we could in no way do without it being a paid service.

If you don't want to join, please don't make assumptions on what will happen...the MAJOR content of Firehouse.com ... the news, photos, calendar, forums and the like ... will continue to be FREE. We thank everyone for their support.

Thanks
    WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber

There's a whole lot of people out there that have to realize that the Web Team is not an "evil empire" that stays awake nights trying to find ways to mess with FF. They have an intense desire to continue to make this site the best FF around. I have had several issues to address with them and have found them to be courteous an accomodating. I am going to join and give them a chance.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks guys,
    even though some people on here have different opinions, i can understand where you're coming from and you're doing one hell of a job collecting all this information. thanks.

I too commend the WebTeam for the effort they put forth, but I still do not agree with this Members Zone. There are so many people that visit this site every day, including me. I visit this site first for my FF needs. Personally there are more sites out there to visit, and if this does go thru unfortunately it will no longer be my first choice. Personally, times are hard for everyone in the country, and I can't afford the added cost. This is my opinion.
    K.A. Dempsey
    fire69dawg@yahoo.com
    "If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow"

Administrator

Folks

Thanks for everyone's support.

Please read the annoucement before posting ... the service is NEW and affects only a SMALL PORTION of existing content. The news, forums, links and the content that comprises about 75% of our content will continue to be free. And if the MembersZone takes off, will only be improved as well as the addition of even more interactive services for our visitors.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Just curious, I read the ad and didn't see it. But, what is going to be made part of the Members Zone that is currently free? Simply put, what are you taking away from us?

Temporarily/No Longer Active

The way I look at it....I gladly send in my hard earned $$$$$ for my Firehouse Mag subscription. I'd love to get that for free but, hey...you can't argue with the WebTeam....it takes bucks to run a site such as Firehouse.Com. I'm thankful for it and my hats off to the folks who run it. If I have to pay a little for membership status and receive a lot of information for it, I'm gonna do it.

I have pre-registered for the Members Zone. Firehouse.com has more than earned the money.

Thread Information