As posted in firehouse.com, there are FF jobs in Saudi currently available. For those who might be interested, let me fill you in on some things before you apply:
1. Your salary is tax-free, but you do pay Social Security. If you quit your job and return to the US, you have to pay taxes on your wages unless you have been outside of the US for more than 330 days.
2. There will be NO alcohol or pornagraphy
3. They take your passport from you at the airport upon arrival, you leave ONLY and IF they want you to.
4. I had a friend who was a Fire Captain there. On his day off an alarm came in to the station. His crew decided not to respond. When he came in the next shift, he was punished because of it!
5. Various contractors offer various contracts to firefighters. You may or maynot have housing provided, or be paid extra to find your own place. If you quit, you may have to pay your own airfare back to the US, or the cost to ship your stuff back.
Just a few things to think about... :cool: