Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default plane down in queens

just came on tv, passinger plane, american airlines jet crashed in Queens and buildings on fire in area.check fox, as of now only one that has it.

News so far is saying American Airlines 767 inbound went down in Rockaway section of Queens. Fox, CNN and MSNBC also have coverage.

Now Fox is reporting that it had just taken of from JFK and was en route to Santo Dimingo in the Dominican (?) rebuplic.

One thing for sure.... Bless the FDNY.
    Dean Urquhart
    I used to only have One President, Charleton Heston, then came George. Now I'm lucky enough to have a third.... Capt Gonzo

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Now they are saying it may be an outgoing flight. It was an Airbus. One of the older models. God Bless our brothers in FDNY. It looks like a real mess.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Hang tough fellas!
    Chief Frank Rizzio
    Pea Ridge Fire Dept.
    Pea Ridge AR. 72751

kjd

God, what now??? it's all over the news down here in texas...continuing coverage, almost every channel has it on. abc, cbc, nbc, msnbc, cnn, local channels...they're saying (right NOW, anyway) that it does NOT look like it's terrorist related. God, i hope not, you guys have had way too much happen already!! am at the library now, checking out my e-mail. (don't have my own pc.) God bless you guys...y'all take care and STAY SAFE. we love you guys...NEVER FORGET.God bless you guys...y'all take care and STAY SAFE.
    kjd

so far what I've heard is that it was an American Airbus A300 (older model), 255 people on board, bound from JFK to the Dominican Rupublic, I think 2 5-alarm responses and a 3 alarm, and that a firefighter got injured.

MSNBC just said that officials say it might NOT be a terrorist attack.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

As soon as I heard about it I said a prayer. To the brothers from FDNY, hang in there. You have been through so much. We're there if you need us.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Even if it's not terrorist-related, it's still a horrible tragedy.

My thoughts are with everyone affected by this, particularly those still recovering from Sept 11, the 300+ firefighters battling the blaze right now.

keeping everyone in my thoughts,
    Nik

The flight was an OUTbound flight fron JFK, crashed approx 5 miles from the airport. The plane was delayed about an hour at the airport before takeoff, as of now, no real reason why, "routine maintenence delay" is what's being released to the press. 12 homes hit, 4 destroyed. about 140-150 bodies recovered. 6 People reported missing from the homes in Rockaway. The flight data box recovered also, still looking for voice box. Fuel was dumped into Jamaca Bay, that shows signs it was a mechanical and not terroist problem. I know most of you have seen all this on tv already, just wanted to update.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: EFDems841 ]
    HELL YEAH!!!
    The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

It looks as if the recovery is now 240, bless the guys who recovered so many in less than 9 hours. My company and I were sent south to cover E-243, on their return I could see the impact of another body recovery on their faces.
    I'm proud of all those who responded and put this fire down in an hours time and then went about the duty of recovery.
    No, we didn't need this so soon, if ever again, but the brothers responded and made us all proud as always.

Early reports, through the mill, indicate we may have lost one off duty brother in his home and possibly two on the plane.

keep us posted LT...

I'll be there this weekend with 2 other guys from our department. Let me know if you guys need anything.

God bless you.

be safe brothers
    Be safe brothers

Thread Information