Default whats in your bunker gear??

I was wondering what kind of cool stuff you guys have in your gear??
    TC.379

In my bunker coat i have a flashlight, window punch, and gerber multi tool in the outside pockets. On the inside pocket I have a couple of pairs of latex gloves. In my bunker pockets i have a rope, extrication gloves, trauma sheers, fire hood, and safety glasses. I also have a bag that I carry with me to all runs that has some water, snacks, extra fire gloves and hood, and some extra clothes.
    Nick
    FF/EMT

9-11-01 Gone but never forgotten.

I carry screwdrivers, pliers, four inch vice-grips, door chocks, flashlight, latex gloves, pens and a box knife.

Since our department dosn't buy bunkers with pockets we only got our coat pockets. but I got 12 ft. of rope, leatherman, extra hood,TFT rescue tool, spanner, extrication gloves, flashlight is clipped to hook and door chocks on my helmet.

I have three wood wedges, a folding spanner wrench (with centerpunch and seatbelt cutter), and a piece of rope about 10 feet long.
    It's just a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

Lets see, in one pants pocket I have 10 feet of webbing with a carabineer, a garetty light, and my scba compatible glasses. In the other I have spanners, door chocks and firefighting gloves. In my coat pockets I have chalk, safety glasses, my truckmans belt (gets put on for calls) candy, a window punch, and latex gloves (probably worthless). In my radio pocket I keep a big folding knife (spyderco). I have a leatherman on my suspenders, and another door chock behind my shield. That’s it for me,
    Jeff

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: truck197 ]

Hey TCMib379 have you got a pocket for that pacifier and knee pads?

Now you have me all curious to know what I have in my bunkers!
    Let's see....My Pager, poly-p glove liners, an old pack of skittles...eww! Two folding spanners, a huge rubber band, tons of exam gloves, caribou fur, 48 "Call 911" stickers, CPR mask, a spring, a tube of oral glucose - just in case I get hypoglycemic on a run, an ancient flat Nutrigrain Bar...ewww!!! a folded paper with Firefighter-I notes, a length of EFF cord, my leatherman, three rocks, (I love rocks! These ones are so smooth and white. I was wondering where they went!) An unidentified reflective thingy, a smll crucifix, and lots of lint.
    I'm going to have to clean these things out!

In my fire helmet I have two pictures tucked up under the cloth: one of my Deputy Chief that died LOD in March, and one of another Deputy Chief that was a dear friend who died in July. That way they are always with me when I go on runs!

Please don't ask what's in my medical jumpsuit! hehehehe
    Probie Name: HurryUpMichelle!!

Forum Member

Hmmm... In coat pockets I have door wedges (x2), rubber band, flashlight, spyderco, and leatherman. I usually have a length of rope in the pockets of the bunkers.

My mask bag has a second hood and pocket mask.

Among all the pockets of my gear i carry the following.
    -3 Door Chocks
    -1 Folding Spanner
    -1 Leathermans Tool
    -1 Pair Trauma Shears
    -4 Pairs of Latex Gloves
    -1 Window Punch
    -1 CPR Mask
    -1 Hard Plastic Glasses Case
    - Hood and Gloves for firefighting
    In my SCBA mask's bag I carry my mask (a given), a towel, and in the winter I will add a pair of wool socks and, a hat.

I try not to carry *too* much in my bunker pants, it's hard enough to get out what I need when I need it!

I carry a ten-foot length of webbing tied in a loop with a 'biner attached, several pairs of latex gloves, several cover caps to flares (ought to throw those out already!).

In my jacket pockets, just my gloves and my Nomex hood. Probably need to add the winter mittens in there.

I also carry around my first responder kit, which has a CPR mask, various sized bandages, sam splint, good old Band-aids, trauma shears, mini mag light, pen light, notepad, pen, blood pressure cuff and 'scope.

wish list for the gear: Gerber knife, seat belt cutter, pocket spanner.

I need to remember to carry snacks in my gear, I'm always getting stuck on a call with no food!

stay safe,
    Nik

My bunker pockets have a 50 ft section of para-cord with 2 'biners attached for searches, my gloves, my hood, my radio. I also have my river knife attached to my suspenders. On my helmet I have my garrity light, 2 door chocks, a mini-stream light w/ helmet mount, and a red LED light made by bell (they made them to be used by kids on bikes at night, but they work great on the back of your helmet on a fire scene)
    When the defecation hits the oscillation I'll be there.

I have latex gloves, leather gloves, nomex hood, one pair tinted safety glasses, one pair clear safety glasses, three or four screw drivers, pliers, channel locks, wire cutter, window punch, hex keys, and wedges. Ussually carry wedges and light on helmet.
    THE ABOVE REFLECTS MY OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS THOSE OF MY DEPARTMENT.

I try to just carry the neccessaties,(although each person has different ideas of what is neccessary). I carry a 12 ft piece of rope, window punch, trauma shears, flashlight, and spanner/seatbelt cutter. As soon as I get my truckie belt I will carry most on that.
    K.A. Dempsey
    fire69dawg@yahoo.com
    "If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow"

I have in my Bunkers; Fire Gloves, Extrication gloves, safety glasses, nomex hood, TFT rescue tool, portable radio, flashlight, multi-tool, swiss army knife, two pairs of trauma sheers, latex and nitrile gloves, 15 feet of rope, 10 feet of tubular webbing, cash, 2 pens, flashlight, notepad, and lots of dirt and sand that just keeps getting in there some how.
    On my helmet I have some door wedges.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by TCmib379:
    I was wondering what kind of cool stuff you guys have in your gear??
    Hmm - Cool stuff in my gear ??
    ME (Just Kidding!!)

I carry 25 Feet of Webbing in my Radio Pocket (since my Dept. only issues radios to Line Officers) which is on my Left Coat Sleeve.

On my Suspenders a have a small pouch with 1 or 2 pair of latex Gloves

In the bellows pockets of my bunker pants I carry :
    a 4" Lock Blade Knife
    a Pair of Side (Diagonal) Cutters w/ Insulation rated to 750 Volts (not that I'm ever gonna cut anything that hot - but hey . . )
    a pair of 8" Slip Joint Pliers (Cheapie Channel Lock knockoffs)
    and a folding spanner wrench.

Dept. also issued everyone one of those "Nifty" Res-Q-Wrench thingies so I have started carrying that for now - trying to see if it's worth it.

Also keep a 3 C cell Flashlight clipped to the Mic Loop on my Coat (Mounted Left Chest)

Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Jacket:Flashlight in Radio pocket
    A pair of Mechanix gloves.
    A pair of latex gloves.
    safety glasses inner pocket.
    seat belt knife inner pocket.
    Pants: have 18' of 3/8" utility rope.
    folding spanner wrench
    another pair of latex gloves.
    wedges! i need wedges!!! keep forgetting those darn things.

Forum Member

Coat
    Hood on the throat tab, Accountability tags on the clip, Pen and pad of paper, safety glasses, and latex gloves.

Pants
    35 ft of 8mm escape rope and an autolocking 'biner.
    fire gloves, TFT res-q-wrench, 3 ft. length of twine, rag, mechanix gloves, and a sheath for my gerber on my suspenders hanging from a biner.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

It depends on which duty I get during my shift... This way I don't have to carry around all of the stuff.

Latex examination gloves, a small flashlight, a white paper mask (glass dust!), a window punch, a pair of scissors, a funny looking kind of plyers, which I use to get things out of peoples throat, a little screwdriver, a knife, all purpose gloves.
    Also, and I think I'm the ONLY one that uses this, I carry a small extension device for the "key" to open underground hydrants. This way I open a hydrant much quicker, because our department refuses to buy longer "keys". I was meaning to put in a small tool to disconnect car batteries too.

In my bunker pants pockets I keep a rope and seat belt cutter in my left pocket and in my right I keep extrication gloves. In the waist pockets on my bunker coat I keep my left-hand fire glove in my left pocket and my right hand in my right. My personnel Streamlight in the upper left chest pocket and my PASS Device hooked to it. I keep my hood held by the velcro throat strap. My inner coat pocket I keep my safety glasses, "business" cards with my home phone, Red Cross, Salvation Army, and shelter phone numbers, and of course a small Holy Bible. My helmet has a garrity flashlight, a American Flag, 3 accountability tags and a white shield with a Cross.
    In my heart.....Jesus Christ!
    See you on the big one!<br />Billy Reiter 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

Let's see. . .

In my turnout coat I carry a multi-tool, a spring-loaded center punch, a couple of chemical handwarmers, and a couple pair of med gloves.

In my bunkers I carry a 12' webbing strap, a locking 'biner, a couple wood wedges, a 6" channel-lock, a 5-in-1 screwdriver, a golf ball (for taking out those high windows), and a pair of utility gloves.

I tend to travel a little heavier than some of my bro's here, 'cause lots of them seem to run light.
    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine.

--Kurt Vonnegut

Good one Chaplain! I forgot to add Jesus to my list. He's there in my bunkers too! (Right in the middle of my heart)
    Probie Name: HurryUpMichelle!!

I will start at the top and work my way down....on my helmet I have two door chocks, a flashlight, and reflectors. In my coat radio pocket I have safety glasses, a Rescue Wrench (window punch, spanner, gas shut off, seatbelt cutter, etc.), a flashlight, and a swiss army knife. Above that on my right chest I have my tags and my PASS. On the other side I have a flashlight hanging. In my right coat pocket I have my nomex hood. In my left coat pocket I have my extrication gloves..two pair. In my right bunker pocket I have nothing (used to hold my cigs before I quit earlier this year)...I would probably keep my mask in there if it fit, but it doesn't. In my left bunker pocket I have my fire gloves. I used to keep latex gloves too but they melt so I took them out.
    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

B31

Trumpeter - How well do those golf balls work for knocking out windows? I might add that to my stuff. Maybe throw it in the glove box on the truck or something.

Helmet - Accountability Tag, Hood (under helmet webbing.

Coat - Lapel Mic clipped on tab with cord stuffed into radio pocket (I don't always use the mic with my handheld), Pelican (4 AA) Light, extra hood (inside pocket)

Pants - Leatherman in sheath, Fire gloves on velcro strap, Mini Mag Light (probably dead), 2 dollars, wadded up notepad, stub of a pencil, handful of latex gloves, about 20 feet of starter rope (like that used for pull starting chainsaws), Pen.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Starting with my helmet I have a $2 Garrity Flashlight, wooden door chock. In my coat I have a case for my glasses with ear plugs in it. Also have a Pelican Flashlight on a rope. Inside the coat i carry a window punch. In the pants I carry an extra pair of leather gloves, a CPR mask with latex gloves. In my boots I keep a pair of strap on knee pads made out of kevlar. Also use gel insoles for when I'm standing on my feet for too long which is very often. Also on my pants I have a waterpoof pouch that I keep my Fire pager in so it doesn't get damaged.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Thread Information