Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default NY Fire Company looking to replace lost equipment

This is a friend of mine's company, they're a bunch of good guys who volunteer in one of the worst sections of the Bronx, so the least I can do for them is publicise their plight...

Aviation Volunteer Engine Co. #3, a volunteer fire department located in the Soundview section of The Bronx, lost most of its equipment and had it's only engine heavily damaed at the WTC incident on 9-11-01. They are looking for donations of equipment, and also a engine that can be loaned or even donated. Also, Operation Bootstrap is kicking off to help raise funds for new equipment, repairs to Engine 3, and repairs/renovations to the current firehouse. Events begin November 30th, @ 7pm with a benefit show at the Olympic Theatre, 851 Prospect Avenue (near Westchester Ave) in The Bronx. Anyone who can donate equipment or funding can call Chief William Rivera at the firehouse 718-893-4600. Or visit http://www.aviation3.com

Thanks for your help...
    "They don't call us Tunnel Rats for nothing" MTA=More Trouble Ahead

I ran into those guys when I worked up there, good bunch. But . . . they stiffed me on a patch! What's up with that?

I'll make a donation outta my pocket to um' if I can get my hands on a patch of theirs.

Sounds fair. Make it happen.

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: toneloc177 ]
    May God bless all the people and families who have lost
    their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
    toneloc177@firehousemail.com

Thread Information