Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTN FD EXPERTS

MembersZone Subscriber

More stuff to **** you off....

In my hometown, a HIGH SCHOOL GYM TEACHER got a front page spread on the local newspaper for his "tales" of ground zero. The whole thing wreaked of BS. Unless I'm mistaken, the demand for volunteers with no rescue experience was rather limited.

Unfortunately, there are so many out there who look at this not as the tragedy that it is, but as an opportunity to seek fame (look at that guy who went all around the country, to football games, etc. purporting to be a FF). If you really were there, great, but is that really something to brag about?
    IAFF
    PFANJ

Just read the article--- check out the copyrights on all the pictures----"Hey DUDE were going to the WTC" ---Ive got one question---why werent thes red fireman working at the Pentagon?

[quote]Originally posted by BucksEngine78:
    If you really were there, great, but is that really something to brag about?

If you were really there as a real rescuer, then you wouldn't want to brag after you have seen the carnage that laid before you.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

UGH!!!!!!!!!!

South Bronx & the rest: please don't think all us MD folks are a bunch of freelancing buff scumbags like those MFN morons.

I'm proud of the folks at my station house, where we all responded to staff everything we had on Sept 11, plus a reserve unit. No freelancing rides to NY, although we were all hurting to help. Hell the next plane could have landed in anyone's first due, anywhere..........

As far as I'm concerned, you FDNY guys ask & we'll jump. But not until then. I try to promote funeral attendence whenever I get the chance. You guys have been great, despite what you're up against. You are the country's inspiration right now.

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Thumbs down

I'm not sure what's more disgusting....the article, or the pictures of the two loser's posing at Ground Zero....you know...the "Strike Force" members.

That had to be the most pathetic display of self promotion that I have ever seen...being from the same State as this crowd of losers is certainly nothing for me to be proud of.

Goetz...if I were you, I'd keep my sorry hide out of NY. Better for you to sit home by your scanner and send out your little incident pages. I think it'd be much safer, "brother".

Forum Member

southbronx,

It has needed to said for a while now and you have said it so well. Thank you for sharing your feelings and thoughts. Your comments should give those "heroes" something to think about.

I was an auxiliary in Brooklyn's Ladder 132 during the late sixties and early seventies and those guys clearly knew the meaning of hero and brave. No bu!!s#*t from them only hard work and dedication. I know that tradition continues today throughout the FDNY. God bless and keep each and every one of you.

On another thought, I now live in Houston and our local media doesn't report on what's going on in NYC these days. How are the brothers who are working day in and day out doing? Please tell the brothers and sisters that they are in our prayers.

With respect and admiration,

Jim Boyle (aka 1261Truckie)

Angry

Hey....the morons of MFN were so quick to show all the "positive" comments to their article.....how about letting them know how WE really feel....

Here's the email address

mfn1@mdfirenet.com

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Phildabox ]

Thumbs down

Southbronx....I am with you...When I first started reading...I thought...damn....who is this guy... Then as I read on...I realized you are right. I personnally wont buy anything unless I know where the money is going for sure.

As many others did...I wanted to be there to help but could not. When it all first happened it was a brother hood of firefighters.. Now it is someone trying to sell their story.

I have a friend who works at FDNY and I was worried sick until I heard he was ok.

I feel for all you guys and wish I could be there to simply wipe the sweat from your face as you take a break.

God bless all of you....and to those that are trying to capitalize on the loss of our brothers..I say>>>>>>"you can kiss my American **S!"
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber TailboardJockey's Avatar

Thumbs down

What a couple of real "heroes".

Living the dream...

MembersZone Subscriber Medic162's Avatar

SouthBronx...Believe me when I tell you that you aren't the only one with this problem. It makes me sick that so many of our so called "brothers" are in some way or another trying to cash in on the single most devasting event in recent American history. I'm not even approaching this as a FF/PM, but as a person with a very strong military background. I'll close with this thought in the most sincere honor of those of your friends that were lost... In my military time, we were tasked with doing things that no one outside of the unit really needed to know about... MANY of the helping rescuers need to give an honest attempt at striving for our level of integrity as "QUIET PROFESSIONALS"... Brian
    Brian Rowe
    Paramedic/Engineer
    Colleton County Fire/Rescue

MembersZone Subscriber

Dear Brothers in Battle,i epent 19 hours at ground zero.i got there when the second tower came down.the only thing i want to remember about 9/11 is the heroic and valiant efforts of the FF's cops and ems people who lost their lives in the line of duty,helping to rescue 1000's of victims of the world trade center.without their heroic actions 1000's more would of perished.there are always going to be skels out there who want to blow there own horn,but we cant let these dirtbages soil the honor of our dead brothers. mike m

Forum Member

I agree 100% that there is a great deal of inappropriate actions taking place post-9/11. However, I took a look at the mdfirenet web site. From what I read, Mr. Goetz is a career firefighter/paramedic with AACoFD which I am pretty sure in Anne Arundel County. I would also hazard a bet that he is a member of IAFF Local 1563. I have heard many negative comments directed at "buffs." Mr Goetz may be a buff part-time, but it looks like he is full-time career firefighter.
    On a another topic regarding municipal funding bashing politicians and city managers, I read a comment that said "forget about the politicians, our worst enemy is us." I agree. If Mr. Goetz is in fact an IAFF career firefighter, then the problem here isn't with "those buffs," but rather right here at home.
    If somebody wants to do some more checking on Mr. Goetz, let us know, but it sure is looking like he is a career firefighter with AACo in MD.

MembersZone Subscriber TailboardJockey's Avatar

Thumbs down

Even if he is a career ff/pm with AACo., he still came back bragging about what a hero he is with tall tales, pictures, and video, and put on a website no less! This is inexcusable IMHO.

Get a rope!
    Living the dream...

Amen SouthBronx!!! Lets all look at one thing here for one minute.I needed to be there.Lets focus on that for one second.In my dept every 2 or so years we get together with our local airport and all of the surrounding first due depts in our area.We will have a class and then a plane crash drill.Each dept gets to be the first in dept in a rotating fashion(going by the years since last time)We had one where a town 3 districts over was first due and our job was to be pumping from an industries private lake.All units were dispatched(to respond no lights and sirens)to the staging area and go from there.We are dispatched on our own frequency and the IC overlooked us till his tankers needed water.He asked"Why didnt you guys just come on out?"To which our chief replied"You never called for us."
    Here is the point.You are not called you are not needed.Freelancing is a favorite target of armchair chiefs why not these guys?I may be considered a buff of FDNY,I have shirts and hats and books about it,but I know my first responsibility is to MY dept.Not to go running to someone elses call,no matter how I feel.
    Someone made the case he was a paid guy.So what?Was he called there?No.Was he asked to film?No.
    South is also right in the respect that this site is not a counseling center.Closure my ***.Did any of you screaming that ever work with these guys?The ones needing closure are the ones that experienced this first hand.
    I hope that those that have slammed the FDNY(which is bulls*it)have gotten your jollies out of it."Iknew the building would come down"yeah maybe after the report released the other day but not on the day of the attack.
    In closing I would like to say God bless THE TRUE HEROES!****** on the mutts.

Some Guy

This thread has me thinking. I have noticed lots of articals about people's heroic stories in newspapers and diffent magazines. Everyone trying to get a claim to fame. It is sick. One thing I did notice though, people I do know who were sent there never talk about it. My captain and a police sergeant in town are on NJT-1. The weird thing that I just now noticed is that they never talk about it. The local papers all wanted to do big write ups on them and have them tell there story. If I recall correctly they basically just admited to being there. Even at work my captain never talks about it. I remember seeing pictures he had one day. All of them were mostly of the team at the Javits center. I know they did see a lot of work there (they were there for 11 days) but still almost nothing you here from them. I guess they just think its not something to talk or brag about.
    I am just rambling, sometimes I am slow and it takes me awhile to notice stuff.

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Kyle Wickman ]

Here in Michigan, we've been treated to numerous media stories about our "heroes" from a nearby Public Safety Dept.(crosstrained cops) They hurried to NY after the tragedy to offer their "newly earned expertise (?) in confined space rescue, which was desperately needed"! Basically, they just got their class on how to use a tripod and an air monitor. The news had all kinds of pictures of these guys at the Pile. They came back after 2 days.
    Now, to give them a little credit, I do think they had good intentions, and I didn't hear them claiming any heroics. I think that either their dept or a family member notified the media, and they just went along with the story. We have to acknowledge the media plays a large role in hyping "the local angle" in a lot of these cases. The only saving grace is positive press for the dept., but I don't think that is worth the respect of your peers, much less dishonoring those who were doing the real work.

AMEN, southbronx!

And ditto what Grit and Phildabox said: please don't think ALL us Marylanders are of the caliber of those few.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

Some Guy

gunnyv, thats a very good point.
    This space for rent

True, not all the Brothers from Maryland are Mutts like these snaps.....every now and then you find a FOOL.

FTM - PTB

Thumbs up

Thanks 51Truck....glad you were able to spot us
    FOOLS

Be Safe up there....we're with you down here bro

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Phildabox ]

Thread Information