This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Thumbs up FDNY, NYPD, PAPD tribute books

Just got my copies of IN THE LINE OF DUTY: A Tribute to New York's Finest & Bravest and BROTHERHOOD. I thought that both books were a fitting tribute to all that gave their lives on Sept 11th. "Brotherhood's" cover states "All profits donated to FDNY charities." The other book says the publisher's profits will be donated to the NY Police and Fire Widow's and Children's Benefit Fund.

I ordered these books from amazon.com and they arrived within a few days.

We must never forget those who gave so much on that tragic day in September. These books will remain a part of my collection for years to come and someday I will tell my children how the actions of the rescuers saved so many.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Thanks for posting Tom. I've being debating getting the books but was worried about quality. So many books were thrown together quickly just to take advantage of things that I always hesitate to buy. I think I will head over to Amazon and take a looksee there!
    All gave some, Some gave all. There is no higher honor than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest deed.".

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Found a nice article about the book "Brotherhood." Here it is:

www.msnbc.com/news/667881.asp
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Thanks for the link Smokey. I'm waiting for my copy to be delivered from amazon and I've been a little worried on it doing the FDNY justice. I started crying again when I read that excerpt so I think it will be just fine.

I have the magazine version of the LIFE hardcover that just came out. I thought it was brilliant (I watch alot of BBCAmerica, sorry!). It brought back exactly how I felt on 9/11 and I never want to forget that. It includes a time line of events and many stories on rescues (like cops shooting out windows so people could escape and then losing their own lives), both from rescue personnel and civilians. The updated hardcover is supposed to have more pictures in it. I reccomend it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can't speak for the others, but I thought Brotherhood is very well done, and well worth the purchase. The saying goes that a picture is worth a thousand words, but I don't think words do many of the photographs justice.

My fiance called me at work, to tell me the Brotherhood had gotten to my house. She described it to me in general terms, of course, then wrapped it and put it under the christmas tree. She told me it would bring tears to my eyes when I saw it! Obviously the book is well worth me waiting for. I recommend getting it and I haven't seen it yet. Stay low, Hit it high, Everybody goes home! [quote]

I ordered both books today from Amazon. After hearing everyone's comments, I'm really looking forward to seeing the books. Of course, I would rather there had never been a need for these books but sadly there is.
    All gave some, Some gave all. There is no higher honor than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest deed.".

MembersZone Subscriber

Tom
    Thank you so much for the link and the post. I started crying again when I listened to the exerpt and saw the picture. I ordered Brotherhood today.

Please stay safe
    9/11 FDNY All gave some, some gave all

Forum Member

Question

I ordered my copies of Brotherhood from Amazon.com and they have yet to ship. One even said yet to be published. How long did it take them to be shipped?

MembersZone Subscriber

Same here! I ordered both and have gotten "In the Line of Duty" but Amazon said "Brotherhood" is yet to be published! I am still waiting for it.

The one I have is great! I cant wait for the second one!
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

I received my copy of Brotherhood from Amazon.com yesterday. I ordered it last month with some other things. When NYSmokey said that he had received his copy I checked my order. It wasn't being sent out because the other items that I ordered with the book were not available. I changed my order for them to ship what was available and I received Brotherhood in about four days. Check to see if that could be what's holding up your order, if not, the only thing I can think of is they need to restock. I've heard that book is selling out everywhere. Sorry if this wasn't any help.

Got mine from Barnes and Noble, great books. It stings a bit.
    Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

dly

Thumbs down

Can't wait for the Brotherhood Book but Amazon.com is sure given everybody the run around.
    I ordered this book Dec.2 and was told I would get it in Dec. then an e-mail told me Feb. MMMMMMMMM A good friend at the Dept placed an order though Amazon.com 10 days ago and got his book yesterday. So I wrote Amazon.com and complaint. I was told that the book won't even be pulished until Feb. I can't stomach lies and e-mail them back with several of the relys here and my buddies order number and then cancel my order and reorder with Barnes and Nobles, its due at the end of the week.
    So 2 thumbs down for Amazon.com and Mr. Gupta
    Old School...Learning New Tricks
    http://members.home.net/dly135/welcome.htm

I ordered Brotherhood and In the line of Duty from Amazon on Dec 8th. Brotherhood arrived yesterday and Line of Duty arrived today.

I was originally going to give them as a gift to my husband but I couldn't wait that long to long at them. Guess I'll have to find something else for him! The books are incredible, and the photography in both books are excellent

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Just to add to what everyone else has posted, I received "Brotherhood" from my in-laws for Christmas. It's a very moving book, well worth it if anyone is thinking of buying it. I liked Frank McCourt's introduction so much I now have a new signature:
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

For everyone who hasn't recieved Brotherhood from Amazon or Barnes & Noble et al, it is due to the fact that they just plain ran out of copies and the book is being re-printed. That is why it states, "Yet to be published"

Doc DC3
    ex-FDNY (E74)
    Doc DC3<br />ex FDNY (E74)

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

I received an email from Amazon stating the fact that "Brotherhood" sold out and it would be re-printed. I am now in Huntsville, AL for X-mas and saw the last copy of "Brotherhood" on the shelf! It was only $8 more and I didnt want to wait. I must say that it is one of the best pictorial books I have ever viewed! Everyone must get a copy of this book!
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

Thread Information