Thread: FEMA Grants

Forum Member

Post FEMA Grants

All the other forum sites I've visited only have people complaining that they didn't receive any of the Fire Act grant money.
    We received $33,800 for fire fighting equipment and are replacing our 27 year old Hurst system and buying air bags. We are an all volunteer company.
    I would like to hear other success stories to see who else got a grant and what they're using it for. I don't want to hear any whinners complaining. Thanx.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

Talking

Our Chief did and excellent job of submitting a package for a fully equipped heavy duty brush truck that will also be capable of pulling the County Haz Mat trailer. We are also a totally volunteer company. We received 56K for vehicles.
    Barry Laise<br />EMT/Fiefighter<br />Little Creek VFC Sta 54<br />Little Creek, DE

We were also a success. We received half of the money needed to buy a new compressor system to refill our air bottles. The town kicked in the other half.

My department recieved monies to purchase a new 4 bottle cascade system and compressor, which is great since we have always had to rely on neighboring departments to refill our bottles. As an extra "bonus" (and the reason I think we got the grant...) the refill station and big cylinders are mounted in a fully enclosed 6'X12' trailer that we have given mutual aid agreements to all our neighboring departments to use in case of a large or prolonged situation.

We are a volunteer department. I wrote 95% of the grant myself, with no prior experience. That just goes to show that you don't HAVE to have a paid writer to get these grants, but you do have to DO SOMETHING!
    Patrick
    18-03
    Orleans Fire
    www.orleansfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

HiHo dragon-fyre:
    Who's whining? We didn't get any Fire Act money this time, but we will try again. We may not have been successful, but we didn't lose, either. Hats off to all who got some. You should be proud.
    Stay safe.
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

POC1813,
    A few questions about your grant writing. We gave ours to a grant writer and it looked good. You say you did 95% of yours. Did you have pictures of old equipment and such? Any hints to help us out this year? I plan on doing all the writing this year...
    BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
    ASST CHIEF
    TLVFD, NY

Thread Information