Closed Thread
Page 1 of 33 123411 ... Last
    MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

Cool Fairly new Pumper/Tanker woo whoooo

We're selling our 2 Fords(one seen in my signature) and our 1500 gallon tanker. and getting a used 2000 gallon,(we don't care about the pump as long as its between 1000-2000 gpm), I'm hopeing(crossing my fingers) to get a pierce or American LaFrance with a 6 or 8 man cab. the pierce we have is older but it's my favorite truck at the station. Plus(listen to this) my interior buddie works at a place sells Luverne fire trucks he said I don't care what people say Pierce is the best truck out there.(i'm thinking dang and you sell Luverne)

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

Ummm............... yeah.............ok.........and the point of that was?????
    COFire
    PROTECTING THOSE WHO DEFEND AMERICA ============================== =====

MFD

the reason i'm excited is cause we're a rural fire dept and we gotta wait until the trucks are DEAD or in REALLY BAD shape before we get rid of them

Uh, OK.........

Talking

Where exactly is Maplewood Ohio?

I gotta know.

One more question....any truth to the rumor that you're starring in the new movie "Dude, Where's my fire engine" ???

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Hook-n-Can ]

MFD

okay Maplewood is about a hour northwest of Columbus.
    I don't know bout the truth about that movie call my agent.

MFD

Sorry I forgot to tell ya a couple things
    #1 I'M DEAD SERIOUS on the back of my coat (is starts out like normal coat says Depts name and my name) Then on the bottom of the tail says H.T.F.D.(first time i read that i was like what? It stands for Hick Town Fire Dept. I SWEAR that's on my coat.
    #2 Latest update on the tanker/pumper from our super smart(yeah right) member Steve. (he's doing a little truck shopping online) He found a nice 3000 gallon tandem axle with 750 gpm pump and the chief said no to that because he wants ATLEAST 1000 gpm pump. he'd perfer 1250 or 1500(like on "big daddy"(that's our big pierce)) so we're still looking for a big tanker with a big pump on it. a lot of depts around here have them(i know of 2 neighbor districts that have them) there great cause you can do most everything with them

Forum Member

Question

Hey guys, just wanted you to know, I bought a new tooth brush today. yep, certified pre-owned Oral-B
    this replaces my Big Bird tooth brush which I've had since I was 4. this new one, it has 200 bristles, man the previous owner really took good care of her. wanted a 300 bristle one but you know the market for used tooth brushes is a small one.

well, I guess you all just don't understand.

-Nick

Good for you Nick. Glad you finally got upgraded. Does your new rig meet the current standards ??

MembersZone Subscriber

This place is just to funny..lol....
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

MFD

Hey don't knock Big Bird that's my nickname
    I got that nickname cause my waterball coat is BRIGHT YELLOW and i'm 6 ft 6 300 lbs(so Big Bird i guess fits)
    so now on my fire helmet and Gear rack says big bird

Forum Member

Exclamation

Yep, she meets the standard set forth by the ADA, however, the blue stripe has worn off so I think it may be expired

Forum Member

LMAO!!!! You guys are a scream!! Well if you are big bird, then I must be Tweety Bird in my bright yellow Globes, being only 5'2" and 120 lbs?

Hey Maple, should talk to the guys from the North about the BOHICA campaign. Seems to me they wear Tshirts around negotiation times.
    Bend
    Over
    Here
    It
    Comes
    Again

Have a great day, and good luck finding your new truck (though seriously hon, I'm hoping Santa brings you something much more interesting for Christmas lol)
    IACOJ

MFD

hey I'd be very happy with a new pumper/tanker for x-mas . only thing is the way i want it the other guys don't like cause they say it's too big.
    I want 4600-5000 gallon tank
    1500 or 2000 gpm pump
    10 man cab
    Code 3 sirens and lights
    400-450 hp Cat motor with jake brake (with that much water you need some serious ponies to get up and go)
    air brakes
    FireComs FOR EVERYONE IN THE CAB
    and all new equipt on the truck(like jaws, spreaders, generator,lights,all that crap)
    but thats my dream truck so unless i hit the lotto that won't happen.

I gotta good idea partner. Get one of them there sh*t trucks, you know, the kind that hauls sewage, and convert it over to a fire truck. They work real nice.

[quote]Plus(listen to this) my interior buddie works at a place sells Luverne fire truck

Also, ummmmm, could you please clarify what an "interior buddy" is?
    "Greater love hath no man than this; that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Maplewood,

Not to rain on your parade, but 4000-5000 gallons? I hope you don't have too many bridges in your area.

Also, a 10 man cab with extrication tools might be better suited for a rescue truck, not a tanker.

Talking

I can't wait till we get our new truck. It's a custom collaboration between E-One, Pierce, Luverne, And American Lafrance. It's gonna have a custom 15 man cab with intercoms for everyone and of course be completely climate controlled. Its dozens of campartments are also climate controlled so that you don't have to worry about your delicate gear being too hot or cold. Its extra large hose bed can hold 3000' of bright orange 2.5 inch hose. The booster tank is a whopping 6000 gallons but we use that light water additive so it keeps the total weight of the truck down. We need this much water cause we have 2.5 inch preconnects for all 15 guys on the truck. We decided to go ahead and have a 100' ladder mounted on top just in case. It was a little tight what with the walk in rescue type body and on board decontamination room. We still had room for the 15kw generator and light towers though. If anyone knows of anything we have missed, please post on this topic with your suggestions and we will see if they can be worked into the specs. Chief says it'll be awhile before its ready but it should be worth the wait. Should be getting new toothbrushes soon.

Forum Member

Oh, Pyro, what a great disservice you have done to yourself if you do not include a 10-ton hydraulic crane, a compartment for a 14-foot rescue boat with a full set of diving gear, kennels for SAR dogs, a helicopter landing pad on the roof, hair salon on a roll-out tray, a live satellite TV uplink for on-scene PIO work and fire prevention programs, a bunk room (for "interior buddies" ), and a fitness center.

This should add $8-12 million to the price tag, but I feel sure you'll agree it's worth it. You have to be prepared for EVERYTHING.

Forum Member

Hey, if we're getting in on the ground floor for the specs, can we get a massage table to go with that Hair Salon? God knows after slugging hose for hours we could all use a relaxing massage!!!!!
    If we're short on room, we could always have it on collapsable legs and maybe double as a portable stretcher?
    IACOJ

Wow, thanks for the great ideas. I'll have to see what can be incorporated into the design of the truck. So far, the only thing I don't like about this truck is that it just isn't going to "sound" like a fire truck. The builders told us that a regular diesel engine would not have enough power for this new piece so we had to go with a Pratt & Whitney ramjet engine with afterburner. All this power is gotten to the ground with the help of a hyperdrive relay coupled with a flux capacitor. They told us it will have plenty of power, but won't have the diesel sound we are used to.

Pyro, Don't forget the cup holders. And don't let them get skimpy and put the little ones in. No, no, no, go with the adjustable ones able to hold the 32oz beverage or sub for coffee mug.

MFD

very funny guys like i said it's my DREAM TRUCK. but there is a district with a 4600 gallon tanker here near where we live. they just put it into service about 2-3 months ago. we call it tital wave

MFD

oh for all you guys that don't know what a "interior buddie" is it's when you go into a fire your buddie(s). the guy i usually go in with is one of my interior buddie(s)

Well I just found out we're getting a PW can mounted on a dragster chassis with a dual nitrous system. The can is painted with high speed stealth fighter pain with a green stripe. The commissioners said we could also take it in parades but only if we are in the 1st division This way we can get out of there fast I think it will be a real hit when we do musters because nobody can touch us. And oh, by the way they don't call me any kind of bird because I don't wear yellow and I can't fly.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 33 123411 ... Last

Thread Information