Post firefighting music

What do you think is the best firefighting music, which songs get your heart pumping and make you ready for that call?
    Just wondering what others think.
    "Go in as a team, Come out as a team"

Cool

just about anything that sounds good.

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

My Hero by Foo Fighters(it was in varsity blues) they got a remix of it i downloaded with Worchester F.D. remix( I always listen to that on the way to the station on fire runs)

I like the old time rock and roll like 50's 60's 70's. But as far as fire music I am to busy when the call comes to listen to music. Maplewood how do you listen to music and monitor radio traffic and understand additonal info the dispatch has when you listen to the music on the way to the station. If you are like most people in thier early 20's I am friends with (I am 21) then the music is too loud to hear yourself think.

I'm a career f.f., so we're not supposed to be listening to music on the way to a fire, but there a few officers who allow it. My favorite would have to be Cowboy by Kid Rock. Kid Rock is a little out of my style, but it sounds tough goin down the road code 3 with that song thumping in your ears.

I'm a career f.f., so we're not supposed to be listening to music on the way to a fire, but there a few officers who allow it. My favorite would have to be Cowboy by Kid Rock. Kid Rock is a little out of my style, but it sounds tough goin down the road code 3 with that song thumping in your ears.

Twilight Zoneby the Golden Earingsseems to get things going. Cowboy, yeh, that works too.
    The opinions expressed here are that of my own and in no way reflect the opinions of my administration or department.

"Sad but true" by Metallica
    the title has a meaning about what you're going to is sad...but true...(has anyone ever been on a "happy" emergency?)
    The instrumental aspect of the song get's you going too...Not to hard, but has a good beat...
    HELL YEAH!!!
    The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

I have a few....Highway to Hell (AC/DC), Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-A-Lot), Hard to Handle (Black Crowes)...All songs that get ya jacked up!

You guys are missing the obvious........MOTOWN music is the way to go here. At the station, blasting in the bays, pumping in the truck. MOTOWN is the hot ticket.
    Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

MembersZone Subscriber

Correct me if I am wrong but you guys are dropping the ball by listening to music on your way to a call. If you are doing this in your rig then shame on your officer, if you are doing this on your way to the station, then shame on you. SIZE-UP, SIZE-UP, SIZE-UP. You should be thinking size-up from the minute the pager goes off. Where is the call, what time of day is it, what is the weather, who might be at the location we are going to, what units are responding allready, etc., etc. As you play your music you lose valuable time to think and obsereve what is going on. Every FF is capable of size up and you might just think about something on the way to a call that saves your life, or someone elses. Save the music for after the run, when packing hose or back at the house. Use response time for size up.
    B Holmes

Some Guy

Running with the Devil. I am also a huge NJ Devils fan and they used to play it all the time at the games.

Cool

Listened to "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins (theme to Top Gun) for years, used to have it set so that it ran when I started up the rig. Now as a BC I keep the rig quiet so I can hear the radio traffic.

When in route to my firehouse, being on a on call dept, i like either Dropkick Murphy's "The Spicey McHaggis Jig" or Metallica "Enter sandman", great songs and good way to wake up.
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Holy S***!!! I though I was the only one who listened to the Dropkick Murphys. As far as they go you gotta go with the following......1)SING LOUD SING PROUD 2)FIGHTING 69TH 3)STAND UP AND FIGHT 4) FAR AWAY COAST..... Many blessings to Mike McColgan former singer of the Dropkick's now a Boston Brother.

I'm not a firefighter but I saw two Dropkick Murphys posts, so I thought I add another.

Dropkick Murphys (older stuff) is REAL good. The new stuff however, is not so good.

Anyone like The Who? The Clash?

RAM

Forum Member

Unionproud-

I just discovered them too. When I can understand what the hell they're saying, they're pretty good!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

I don't know about ya'll, but I loved that scene in "Backdraft" when they had "Heatwave" by Martha and the Vandellas cranking on the 8-track. Man, that was cool...one of my favorite scenes...We don't have a radio or tape player in our rig, so there goes that idea anyway......
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Ok i may b a little ate up but how about the theme song to Backdraft "The Fighting 17th" love it. That and on busy nights "Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'"

Cool

Feet Don't Fail Remix 2001 I think it states what we do and how it goes. The original wasn't to hot, but the techno remix is sweet. I don't know about some of you, but some times there is a very long enroute time, and the radio is very quiet reguardless to what ever. Where we are its usually bs or ems. Our dispatch doen't talk or fill us in so sometimes we do listen to tunes. If you are city or somewhere that runs and haver certain ways of going about then I think its wrong. City dispatch traffic is different from rual traffic, or from I have been working with. On the way back it could be used to relax you from holding back hell for a little bit longer. Keep it low enough to hear if you get banged out again. Each place is different, and I guess that's why my Florida F1 doesn't get accepted in NJ. lol

John Tesh, Kenny G., Yanni....
    Oh, I meant=
    Psychotherapy-The Ramones
    Firewoman-The Cult
    Sympathy for the Devil-THe Stones
    Fuel-Metrallica
    Ain't that a kick in the head-Dean Martin
    Anuerysm-Nirvana
    Break on through-The Doors
    Big Sky-The Reverend Horton Heat
    Sabotage-Beastie Boys
    Give it to me baby-Slick Rick James
    Fire-Jimi H or Red Hot Chili Pepp
    Any Social Distortion
    Unchained-Van Halen
    Sin City-AC/DC
    Rock the Kasbah-The Clash
    And of course
    The Theme from "Shaft"-Isaac Hayes

Sorry for rambling

p.s. for BKHOLMEY-Lighten up Chief.

For those of you inclined to listen to the DROPKICK MURPHYS visit http://www.dropkickmurphys.com/
    also for those who cannot understand what their saying there are lyrics on the discography page.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

A brother FF from Scotland saw DKM in England and said they ruled. I just listened to the music and I g have got to say.... DAMMMMMNNNNN!!!! That is some good STUFF!!!! Thanks UNION for the heads up on the site!
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

sconfire,

I dont know if they get to your neck of the woods much but I recomend them highly live. I have been a fan for many a year, well the first music I got from them was a 7 inch record. They have been around a while. I thought you guys in SC where into country. Jusk kidding brother. Keep the beaches in one piece for me I am heading down again July 4th for the usual wild week of fun and sun.

Hey theres other firefighter who like dropkick murphy's. They rule. I saw a couple of there shows. PUNK, PUNK PUNK. and Rancid and The Suicide Machines Goldfinger. Nobod else in my department likes punk so when I turn it on they all scream and tell me to turn it off.

Thread Information