Forum Member

Post Rudy G: Man of the Year

Your thoughts on the mayor of New York receiving the award from Time..
    My opinions only.

AGS-SGA 091101

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Thumbs up

Very cool.

I agree and I'm a long way from N.Y. With Rudy it's politics be dammned. What's best for the City and the MAJORITY. He got the job done when the city was a mess and all the "touchy, feel good" crap was running the city into bankruptcy and nothing but a crime pool.
    Bob Compton
    IACOJ-Proud
    IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

Red face

[quote]Originally posted by TruroFAO:
    Your thoughts on the mayor of New York receiving the award from Time..

Great. More BS with which to swell his already oversized head. If it gets any bigger he will not be able to preform his combover any longer.

How much longer till he and his buddy Von Yessen leave?

Doc DC3
    ex-FDNY (E74)

Forum Member

If I could offer a humble opinion...

Couple close friends work for FDNY- one as a dispatcher in Brooklyn, the other on an engine company in Midtown...

When I saw the Mayor on the night of the 11th, and in the days following, I was very impressed with how he handled himself and the city. But the way it appears Rudy and VonEssen have been treating the fire department is less than honorable. When I look at him, I see an aged politician, and someone who looks awfully fake. No disrespect towards the city, just my thoughts.
    My opinions only.

AGS-SGA 091101

While he's not a bad choice, I think Rudy was the compromise.

The American public would have shut time down if they picked osama.

Time just couldn't bring themselves to make Bush MotY.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Rudy is not as popular with the civil service unions in the city as he is with the rest of the world. The post above said he does what is best for the city, and in a way that's true. But that includes nickel and diming the city's firefighters every step of the way.

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

i don't know i got mixed emmotions about him
    he did handle the september 11th attacks well
    but
    If anyone herd about this i herd this on the news about he was gonna drag(cross dress) to raise money for the september 11th deal(which i think is great but i don't think a man of his position should be dressing like a woman)
    and
    The whole deal about he'd only let 3-4 firefighters search the WTC about a month or month and half after the attacks took place. Now I don't agree with the FDNY protest they had where they punched cops and basically went nuts.

I'll stick to my vote of President Bush

Maplewood
    The whole deal about he'd only let 3-4 firefighters search the WTC about a month or month and half after the attacks took place. Now I don't agree with the FDNY protest they had where they punched cops and basically went nuts.

The Firefighter's didn't go nuts it was a set up by several MUTT's is all..The Brother's of NY have been nothing but true Firefighter's..

GOD Bless FDNY and All of the Lost Brother's

MembersZone Subscriber

The true measure of a leader is his ability to lead in times when all others are running away. Having grown up in New York I can say that he has been one of the finest mayors the city has seen. New Yorkers have had a love hate relationship with him for years and I'm not going to say he has always been right, because he hasen't. When he took over as Mayor the city has been at the mercy of some of the worst mayors in history. Guys like Lindsey, Dinkens and beam had run the place into the ground, hell in the seventies the city was bankrupt and needed a Federal bailout! Rudy cleaned up New York and helped create a place people were proud to visit. He held the city togather in the face of this disaster and should be remembered for that. Not since Fiorello LaGuardia has the city been so behind it's mayor. I'm sure you all will not agree, like I said it's a love hate relationship, but he was the right man at the right time. Man Of the Year? It'll probably go to Osama Bin Runnin. Wanna bet?
    "Never trust a smiling dog"
    Delaware F.O.O.L. FTM-PTB-EGH

MembersZone Subscriber

Arrow

Rudy is a far better choice than OBL, but I still standby my original choice.....
    The FDNY for MEN of the year!!!
    Opinions stated are mine only and do not reflect those of my companies.

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Why not fdny instead of rudy good manager poor humanitarian!

It would not have killed him to give nypd a raise.

Thread Information