Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Post Christmas Blessings

What are you thankful for this Christmas?

I'm thankful for...

...getting to wake up on Christmas Eve to find that my cats have shredded an entire six-pack of paper towel rolls.

...calling my Mom's house and finding that my relatives are gathered there for a feast and I get to talk to them all.

...fresh snow that falls like diamonds from the sky and reminds me how great this world really is, not matter how many bad people try to mess it up.

...the fact that every one of my firefighters and medics are alive and well and spending Christmas with their families.

...my cats' gift to me: one package of shredded bagels.

...every piece of fire aparatus that stands intact in our bays.

...the Firefighters that invited me to celebrate Christmas with them here at the fire station. (They've adopted everyone that doesn't have anywhere to go for the holidays.)

...thankful for being alive.

...for the Northern Lights that wake me up at night and leave me awestruck as I watch them from the parkinglot.

...for the men and women of the armed forces that are out there fighting for our freedom and for our integrity.

...that my Moms and my Dads, and my brother and sisters are alive and well.

...for the presents and cards that everyone has given me over the past three days.

...for the bottomless firehouse coffee pot that everyone keeps full so everyone else can have a nice hot cup and warm up.

...for the mountains of chocolates and cookies that someone keeps leaving for us at the firehouse. (They don't last long here!)

And I'm FOREVER thankful for the FDNY firefighters, FDNY medics, NYPD police officers, and the Port Authority Officers that gave their lives on September 11th and gave their all for their country and their city.

Merry Christmas! May you all be stuffed to the gills with good food and cheer!
    Probie Name: HurryUpMichelle!!

Michelle Anne, you have alot to be thankful for! Me, I'm just happy with doing what I do. This is the best job in the world, and even though I can't be home with my family, it is still worth every second.. Have a nice Christmas, even if you are "alone", your brothers will be here....

P.S. E-mail me and tell me what firefighting in Alaska is like. I would love to see Alaska, in the summer! I was just thinking about -40 degrees and how we would be in trouble trying to fight a fire in that weather!

Michelle Ann,
    You have a lot to be thankful for. I too, am thankful for my family, friends and co workers. There are numerous emergency personel in the above groups. I am greatful for their love and support. I pray that we all remember those who have gave their lives in the past so that others may live. On this day, I shall we those folks.
    Merry Christmas and a Great New Year.
    Larry

P.S. Buy the cats some Bagels and toliet tissue of their own.

My cats are little BEASTS!! I was laughing so hard when I saw my cabin: the floor had about 3 inches of paper towel shreds covering every inch of it. It looked like it had snowed! So then I went to eat a bagel before I bothered to clean up the mess - and my bagel back was shredded and each bagel was full of claw marks!!!

You just gotta love cats.

For Christmas I'm going to give them a big role of duct tape and ... nevermind hehehehe

Merry Christmas!!!! (It's still morning here for me)
    Probie Name: HurryUpMichelle!!

I wonder how cats TASTE served with bagels?..just wondering

Like Chicken..... or so I hear.....

Happy Holidays everyone
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Forum Member

Herb and garlic cream cheese will kill any odd taste the cats may have. Just slice them very thinly over top Michelle lol

Merry Christmas all, and wishing you a safe New Year.
    IACOJ

Wink

I'm happy because we only had 3 runs so far today

Thread Information