MembersZone Subscriber

Post A SIMPLE NEW'S YEARS WISH................

tHE LAST 3 AND A HALF MONTHS HAVE BEEN TOUGH ON ME BOTH PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY.i RETIRED 2 YEARS AGO FROM THE FDNY,AND WAS WORKING AS A PARAMEDIC ON 9/11 AT THE WTC.I WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED WHEN A WALL FELL ON ME CAUSING SEVERE INJURIES TO MT NECK AND BACK.AT THIS TIME AT THE BEGINNING OF THE NEW YEAR,I'M TRYING TO THINK OF WHAT I WANT THE NEW YEAR TO BRING.I KNOW WE CANT BRING BACK THE HEROIC AND BRAVE 343 BROTHERS WHO PERISHED,BUT I WILL NEVER LET THEM TO BE FORGOTTEN,THEY WILL ALWAYS BE IN ALL OUR HEARTS AND MEMORIES.I WILL CRY AT TIMES FOR THE BRAVE MEN WHO MADE THE SUPREME SACRIFICE SAVING OTHERS FROM DYING.THERE MEMORIES WILL LIVE IN THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF ALL FIREFIGHTER WORLD WIDE.I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY AN ACT LIKE THIS WOULD TAKE SUCH FINE MEN AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL AS LONG AS GOD KEEPS ME ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.LASTLY IF ANYONE WHO MAY WANT TO RESPOND TO THIS POST LET ME KNOW WHAT KIND OF A NEW YEAR YOU MAY WANT.GOD KEEP THEM FOREVER IN YOU ARMS MCHAEL MARTIN

For All of the FDNY Brother's to be brought home soon and to never see this happen again. Probably not a small wish but the only one have.

GOD Bless FDNY and All of the lost Brother's and their families. You will never be Forgotten!

Happy New Year's to All.

Dave
    Firefighter
    FTM, PTB, EGH, RFB.

I Agree 110% !!!! 343 Members of The United States Largest Department made the Supreme Sacrifice on 09-11 Not for Fame or Fortune but for the saving of human life ! FDNY and all their members {active or retired} are A #1 in my book....I will certianly never forget. ~ Happy New Year Brothers/Sisters of the FDNY !! Stay Safe and Healthy in 2002 You're always in my prayers
    ***The Opinions expressed here are strictly my own and do not reflect those of the Department to which I am a Member ! ***

Stratford Fire Co. # 1.."Any Job ~ Any Place ~ Any Time"

Check us Out www.stratfordfire.com

Unhappy

Michael,

I was on duty when the events of 09-11-01 occured. I would have given anything to be there to help. It tore me apart knowing what was happening there. I can't even begin to imagine the emotional toll it took on you.

If I could have just one wish for the New Year, I think I would wish that every man, woman, and child in this country would always remember what happened on that day. Just so that when they see that engine or ambulance going to that call, they take a moment and say a prayer for the souls on duty.

Stay safe, and you are one of our true heros.
    Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

In this New Year I hope that all my brothers in NY are brought home.

I pray that our country, and the fire service, never have to endure a loss like this again.

I hope that we all can carry ourselves as honorably as those in NYC and FDNY have done.

I pray that all the military personnel fighting our new war make it home safely.I already lost 300 fellow firefighters, I dont want to lose a husband at war.

Lastly, I hope that you all in FDNY know how much the rest of us care,that we will always care and that we are here for you.

More than one wish I know, but hey, a lot going on in the world right?

Lady.
    "Let every nation know..that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty"---JFK, Jan.1961

Thread Information