MembersZone Subscriber

Post Size 16 Bunker Boots?!?!?!

Ok, heres my little problem... we just got a new cadet and his shoe size its 16! And we cant find that boot sized anywhere.. we have fire departments in 2 counties in NJ lookin for boots for this kid. Plus we dont wanna go for more than $150 on the price for them...anyone help me out here I'd appreciate it... thanks
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Forum Member

Lightbulb

In a situation like this, if my regular suppliers couldn't take care of me, I'd pick about 10 or 12 other equipment dealers, some in the vicinity, some online, and send out a short form letter to them all requesting product description and pricing for what you need. Skip the fast turnaround guys like Gall's, who stock a set list of equipment and sizes for fast turnover, and go with full service dealers who are more likely to know how to pull something like this off through custom order. You may be dreaming with respect to the part about keeping it under $150, though.

The only other thing I can offer is this...I have two pairs of Erie leathers in size 13 wide. Whether they go all the way to 16 or not, I couldn't tell you.

I don't know if you may have already taken this into consideration, but you may not have to get a size 16. I wear size 13 shoes but my bunker boots are only 11 (I also have a pair that are size 10). So, it might be easier if he could try a size 14 or maybe even 13. Good luck either way.

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

well i feel your pain cause I got the biggest(according to my chief) made by LaCross(rubbers) at a 15. but i wear a 14 normal boot.try him with a LaCross 15. if you don't know much about this company it's a good boot. It's served me good for about 1.5 year and this pair of boots we're a "hand me down" from another big guy in the department.so (guessing) those boots are 5 years old and still in decent shape.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yea, we are currently searching around the web & dealers. Have recieved a few responses saying they have 16 boots but its all the way in Oregon and we are in NJ soo who knows.. thanks for the information so far.... I'll let you know what happens.... Right now I'm tryin to convince him to try on size 14's. we have a long road ahead of us since this kids only 15 1/2 and he's 6'4 so we'll see... Only reason we are tryin to keep it in that price range is we just started out cadet program and have limited funds as of now.. so.
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Talking

Im a junior firefighter(17) (4 months and i run with the big boys) and i have size 19 shoes. The only way that we could get boots for me was to go to ranger and get a letter telling the dealer what they needed and then they needed to do tracings and measurments and custom made me a pair of boots. Thats about the only way that i know of to get boots outside the regular 10-12 sizes. Hope this helped if you need more help e-mail me.

Bigweil@hotmail.com
    They call me The Fireman

Cool

and I thought my dept had a hard time finding me size 14 boots (I'm still a junior), they are huge, but I can't imagine seeing a size 19 boot, those things must be the size of small water craft!

I am on the other extremem in that I have a size 6 woman's foot (equivelant of a man's 4 or smaller). My department origanially got me some refurbs for $150 from Servus (men's size 2) but they leave blisters after more than about 30 minutes of having them on. they have now kindly custom ordered me some from Warrington Pro. They have a huge range of sizes and dealers everywhere. I was custom fit and my Chief informed me they only cost about as much as my others because they don't charge extra for custom sizes. Try them. Hope that helps.
    WS_FIRELADY
    FTM PTB FSU RFH 9-11
    Leather Forever!

IACOJ Agitator

Wally57fire: size 19?!?!? what the hell is polluting your water down in Jersey?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

you may not believe this but i wear a size 20 EEEE,(i'm 6'8" 310lbs) and when i called to order my first set of boots i thought the person on the other side of the line was going to fall out of her chair. i had to draw an outline of my feet on a poster board and send it in. i can't recall the company but i'll look in and find it tommorrow and i'll post a 800 number

Forum Member

20 EEEE?!?!?!?! Man, you need to change your screen name to "TUG BOAT"! The largest I have ever seen here is a size 14. Good luck!
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Forum Member

Who says they aren't putting hormones in milk and meat products..........WOW!!!
    IACOJ

Question

Why the hell did you post this twice! That just pushes another topic off the first page (newest or hottest topics)?
    Volunteer(noun): Completely Under-paid Professional

MembersZone Subscriber

posted it 2 times by accident...take it easy dude... anyways... I thought we had problems with 16.. haha 19? 20? omg... Thanks for the help... I'll pass on the info to the new guy..
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

size 19 or 20 all you gotta do is dip his boot into the river and you got a tanker.

District Chief

Lightbulb

Try Black Diamond...they have a toll free number
    800-4595895
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Talking

I think my mom must have gave me miracle grow as a child But i think my boots were what ever the dealer got for that model plus $100. I dont think that leathers go bigger than 15 because when i talked to a sales rep from Ranger they said that all i could get was pretty much the standard rubber boot, but i could be wrong and im use to the whole blister thing i use to wear a pair of size 17's it took 3 guys a half an hour to pull my boots off after calls, and if i got water in them forget about it!
    They call me The Fireman

Exclamation

"DAMN"!!!!!!!!!!
    wsfiremn
    Member IACOJ
    FTM PTB FSU EGH RFB 9-11
    Double Duece
    PROUD MEMBER
    FOOLS INTERNATIONAL

When I first went to get boots, I was told to squeeze into the 13's, because no company made a size 15. I wasn't comfortable with this, and ended up finding Servus brand boots in a size 15, and I love them.
    The challenge is still to find nicer insoles for them, and to find pants that fit both my body and the big boots.

Thread Information