Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 First ... 891011121314 ... Last
    MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

Default a good day to you woody lovers

Good day to Wood lovers and a special wood lovers
    #1 I know I don't like talking about weather but today was super cold cause of a crosswind. but on the good news is if your on a laptop outside it will run faster in the cold vs in warm weather(like 70 degrees plus)( your saying no way) Honestly it does I'm a computer programmer our instructors say if you wanna maximize a server(the army does this according to instructor) they put all their processors in a room(for their servers) and they keep the room SUPER COLD((it's almost like a frost-free freezer kinda like)
    #2 I don't drink (well mostly cause i'm underage) but I'd like to give a HELL YEAH out to Bud for their tribute to N.Y.C. skyline last night during the superbowl. (by the way the other commericals I liked from them is the new "How ya doing" ,the robot wars(where the robot with the hammer beats the hell out of little robot, and the one where the dude hitting on the chick at the bar.
    #3 well I DON'T Know what's going on today (and i don't wanna sound like I got a big ego when I say this okay) but it's like I'm a star(seriously) I swear on my 4-wheeler I didn't even say anything to this girl and she starts smiling at me(and no it's not cause i had straws hanging out of my nose ) then I'm sitting at the stoplight(I swear these dudes were homos) I'm sitting in my Accord and theres 3 dudes in a about mid-late 80's Dodge and there pointing over and the one in the backseat has a throw away camera I bet he took like 3-4 pics of me just sitting at the light.(I'm like okay. I would have like went right on red but the lane I was in was a stright lane and I couldn't pull up any farther)(all I know these dudes go to my college I don't know them I don't know there name). Then I went to lunch and a different chick smiles at me. and I never said anything to her. All I was doing was walking down the sidewalk (and It's not like I had on one of my retarded shirts(like my one that says firefighters rule cause (one of the reasons is cause we carry big hoses) I just had on a plain jean shirt,grey nike shirt under it ,and a pair of levi's.

Forum Member

Default Sorry I have been incommunicado.

Sorry I havent been posting lately. Since this change to the forms I have been unable to post. But, I have been lurking to keep abreast of all that is going on.(Insert joke of choice here!) I hope this finds all in Woody World. Mr. Prez it is good to see that you and the firest lady are getting along well. Sir Grit congratulations on the appointment. VP IB glad to see you have returned to us safe and sound. Is that cologne I smell, IB?
    wsfiremn, thank you for the hierarchy of the world of wood.
    Now, if the computer gods can help me out I will be returning to my usual posting habits.

So much has happened since I was rendered mute by the software update. I am glad to see that all is well in Woodyland.

That is all.

Woody World Operations Manager
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Red face PAINT DRIES FAST HERE!!!

Fellow Woodians!

I agree with the blues that brother EastKYff has been singing. I care not about the weather, not like watching an exciting game of golf or darts on television. Can we please go back to the Teletubbies???

I have gone through all of the posts, and am unable to find out who does what, in our revered WATWSSFC, LLC. We have lost IB, WAW, Ws Mr. and Mrs. and now there is the USS Woody casually cast adrift and abbout to plunge over the Niagara Falls!

To rememdy this, I could use some help. For anyone interested in a monthly update from the Land of Woody, please send me:

1) Your posting name (Real name not needed)
    2) Your e-mail address
    3) Your Woodian position
    4) If you are attending the Woody party at FDIC.
    5) If you are interested in submitting articles for a Woody newsletter and what type. (ie: Dear Abby, Obits, Medical advice, cartoons, songs, pictures, fer sale column, dating column, etc.)
    6) How many teeth you have and if your IQ is over double digits.

All information will be held in the strictist of confidence. There will be no spam, as I am directly assuming control of this organizational matter. (Hell, I can't kidnap the Prez anymore, so might as well help bring us together)

I think we can revise the WATWSSFC, LLC, and bring a tear to everyone's eyes, when our flag is first unfurled. I look forward to hearing from you all!

Contact me at fire61@firehousemail.com

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Sou...commandant.wav

bke

Thumbs up The Word on the Street is........

Sounds like the girls of the sleepy town of Maplewood have heard about Prez Woody, his celebrity status, and the power of the Wood ! HELL YEAH! I just hope the First Lady don't find out about this Coy (any other Ray Stevens fans out there? if yes, speak up!).
    Fireme's done got the paddles and is gonna shock life back inta this here thread ! HELL YEAH #2. That's all of this Hootenanny for now. Stay safe, stay low, and wear that chrome dome!

BKE
    Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

MFD

Default the wood is good

Good Evening to wood lovers and a special good evening to the First Lady:
    couple things
    #1 I have to point the girls that said Hi to me your way(maybe I'm to nice I say Hi back)(I don't care who you are you're never too good to say Hi if they say Hi to you first)(besides I love Alisa aka littlemiss)
    #2. Welcome back Lewiston
    #3. Seriously guys we need something to spice up this topic you know once we start talking about weather it's going down the crapper. I hope no one suggest make it like Springer(hehehhe)(I might see family j/k) anyone will to take this job (Secrectary of Interesting Topics or whatever you wann call it) let the woody know.

HELP

I have been tring to post for about 3 days now

tying someting new hope it works ?????????
    wsfiremn
    Member IACOJ
    FTM PTB FSU EGH RFB 9-11
    Double Duece
    PROUD MEMBER
    FOOLS INTERNATIONAL

Thumbs up Blues Are great !

EAST you are the man !!! the blues song was awsome.
    Okay down to buisness. To Whom it conserns .. myself and a few others will be in INDY on wednesday April 10. I know we will be arriveing before Noon. Now, I can help with organizeing and being contact person and scope out a place to meet up. or we can have a shindig at our hotel When everyone arrives. Every little bitt of help to get WOODFEST 2002 (Formaly Known as FDIC) Packed and rolling is very welcome. I think there should be several contact people incase something happens. As it draws near i will be willing to give out my number and we can all Start the hootnanny when we figgure out where to meet up.

I Think our hotel Will be up on the eastside close to the airport. I will have to ask WS_fireman as we aree trying to figure out our travel arangements also. Email Or whatever i am up for any Ideas. So Far i have only one person respond so I know of Four that are going forsure and a extra non pledged Woodian.
    Uphold the "WOOD" at all times!!!
    Station Motto:
    We're here now. You can go home.
    Nothing like a little fire on the roof to get a firefighter excited.

MFD

Default the perfect spot to meet

I say we meet by the 20 man cab,4500 gallon tank,2000 gpm, has enough emergency lights to blind somebody, loud enough sirens to hear you 2 miles a way, a helicopter land pad(for careflight)bridges cry when they see it, fire truck (that can be the offical WOODY WAGON)(plus if we someone or some corporation wants to donate it to Maplewood F.D I'll gladly promote their product.

Hello lads and lasses,

I have been out of town on some personal matters so I am just now catching up on the WILD WORLD OF WOODY. The forum becoming boorish????? Talk about weather????? I think not!!!!!!!! Allow me to pose a conundrum and a series of thought provoking questions meant to inspire conversation and allow you to look deeper into yourself for a session of metaphysical existentialism.

1. If women ran the world would missiles be shaped different??
    2. What do cows drink with their cookies??
    3. When cows laugh does milk come out of their noses??
    4. Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway??

Contemplate these, however I strongly advise against thinking too hard whilst involved in the intake of copious amounts of GUINNESS.

MIKEYLIKESIT, well sir if Ebonics counts I speak 3 languages then. I also speak crack talk, heroin jive, homeless shiver talk (both east and west dialects) suburban kid looking for a party talk, and I also speak the language regarded as trucker and sailor speak. So I guess the moral of the story is we are all bi-lingual.

Superchef, you are allowed to flirt at any time you wish las.

I will sign off for now, head throbbing eyes blurry and a bit of GUINNESS still on my breath.

Talking

Hello to everyone and a SPECIAL hello to Woody

News:
    1) Called the state EMS office and I am officialy on the list to take my NREMT-B written exam on the 16th.
    2) While everyone is talking about the weather, it is COLD here! BRRRR!!
    3) School is school.
    4) Things are going great with Woody and I.

One more thing: HELL YEAH!!
    Alisa Tappana, NREMT-B/CNA

All the views, comments, etc expressed herein are mine and not those of my training program or my employer.

"You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"
    -Bob Mowad

Forum Member

UNION344PROUD wrote:
    Allow me to pose a conundrum and a series of thought provoking questions meant to inspire conversation and allow you to look deeper into yourself for a session of metaphysical existentialism.

1. If women ran the world would missiles be shaped different??
    2. What do cows drink with their cookies??
    3. When cows laugh does milk come out of their noses??
    4. Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway??

One additional question:
    Who does a male ladybug dance with?
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Forum Member

YO YO YO UNION BRO..I feel better now because I CAN speak the above mentioned dialects.I am a little rusty on my Maplewoodese though.

How 'bout a run of "Woody" theme jokes? I'll go first....

Bill worked in a pickle factory. He had been employed there for a number of years when he came home one day to confess to his wife that he had a terrible compulsion. He had the urge to stick his penis into the pickle slicer. His wife suggested that he should see a sex therapist to talk about it, but Bill indicated that he'd be too embarrassed. He vowed to overcome the compulsion on his own. But, one day a few weeks later, Bill came home absolutely ashen. His wife could see at once that something was seriously wrong.
    "What's wrong, Bill?" she asked.
    "Remember when I told you that I had this tremendous urge to put my penis into the pickle slicer?"
    "Oh, Bill, you didn't!"
    "Yes, I did."
    "My God, Bill, what happened?"
    "I got fired"
    "No, Bill. I mean, what happened with the pickle slicer?"
    "Oh...she got fired too."

Who's next????

Default SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY

FF's SignfOthr,

Since I am the Ambassador of Love, BS, and Obscure Language let me interject something here and I hope I am not too late. Suddenly I am reminded of a scripture in the Bible which states “bareth all things, believe in all things, hope in all things, endure all things” 1 Corinthians 13:7. If you have never dealt with a terminally ill relative or friend you can never truly understand what a time it is in that persons life. Women, more so than men, are a little more open to discussing the problems at hand in their life. It may take years for you to truly get this lad to open up enough to show the true emotion buried beneath the illness of his relatives.

If you truly want to keep him, and please for the love of Mary do not reject him for the trauma he is experiencing right now, simply be there for him. He will open up he will come around. The distress caused by a family member who has taken ill is a tremendous stress on all aspects of ones life. Severe ups and downs are normal from day to day. The cause is generally visions of the future for example, “how can I have a normal life when_______ is gone” it is hard to look into the future with a void in it such as the void caused by the death or deaths of a close relative.

Its obvious that you care a great deal for him from what I have read. Don’t push him to make commitments or include you in his future plans for his are unclear right now. I have been reminded that over the past week that the price of love and friendship is steep, and why shouldn’t it be? I have discovered that if you have a core group of family and friends behind you the day will never darken. Be one of the core group of friends and family that he relies on, you can do this by just letting him know that although you may not know what he is going through you can be there to help even if its to take his mind out of the monotony of life for a few hours. That is all for now.

Default Partnership takes two.

Brother Union344Proud and Sister FF'SignfOthr,

I agree quite wholeheartedly with Union's post. However... like life, a relationship is a balance.

As a supportive partner, you have to be there particularily during rough times, to help your other half overcome whatever obstacle there is. It is give and take, and you work through it together. This does not mean though, that it goes from one obstacle to another, as this is just a sign of hiding behind "not being ready to commit".

There may come a time when life is full of delays and emergencies and the ability to communicate your frustrations or feelings of helplessness, is exceeded. How much can you give, give, give, until your resources are burnt up, and you start selling your soul and self; all in the name of love and for the other person. Each one of us has a certain point when the cost of love is TOO steep, and to carry on will damage ourselves.

Regardless of the relationship, it always takes work and communication and understanding. Yet, if you do not understand and love yourself, how can you truly love another? You have to be able to effectively communicate your needs to your partner.

Do you carry on a facade of caring for them and hoping someday they will return all you have given them out of selflessness? Or will you turn old and grey, and realize you have wasted your time. I understand that love is given freely and not "owed", yet a relationship takes two. Again, it is the balance part that each one of us has to be comfortable with.

I am not saying this is the case here, but it is not so simple to attain happiness and completeness. Love, physical attraction and common interests are good beginnings, but only the start. To progress, there must come a time of "us", of "we" and you become intimate partners and friends. Sometimes partners need space, but not at the price of hurting the ones they love most. That is generally when they need the hugs and shoulders to cry on, so very much.

As for the inference that men have higher walls to breech in their emotions, I disagree. Take a look at our Gaelic friend and EastKYff, and you not only see their depth, but can envision their personality. It depends on the person, not the gender.

I sincerely wish you all the best, FF'SignfOthr. It sounds like you have the solid foundations for a fulfilling and happy relationship. If you get overwhelmed at times due to a crisis and can't hug your partner, hug yourself. You deserve it, and it will help you keep things in perspective!

I will go back to Foreign Matter now, cause the Love Connection, I am not.

Forum Member

Did I miss something or has this turned into the "Dr. Phil" thread?

MembersZone Subscriber

[
    Last edited by superchef; 02-06-2002 at 11:05 AM.

Union and Fireme

The last thing I would do is leave because of what he is going through. I want to be there for him. He has only come to me once when he was upset, and that was when his best friends lost their unborn child last spring. When his dad is not doing well, or his grandpa gets hurt, he never tells me. I just happened to be with him when he got the call about his grandfather being in the hospital. He had no car that day so I drove him and spent 7 hours just waiting with him. He was very appreciative of the support and has mentioned it several times.

My problem is that he always changes his song. One day he's all happy to see me and tells me I'm his best friend and I know him better than anyone, but the next day he might tell me "This will never work, you don't know me at all, we live too far apart, etc". Yet he never has anything negative to say about me personally. If I stop by uninvited, he gets all upset, but then he insists that I stay. I try to give him space by not calling, but then I don't know when I'll hear from him next - sometimes it's weeks. I'm not pushing for a commitment, just a little reassurance that we are still dating. He has never given me a card, flowers, or gift, but he told me a year and a half ago that I shouldn't expect that from him. It was hard at first - you know how women like those things, but he more than makes up for it with the things he says (when his life is calm). Flowers die, but I never forget his words. I still give cards and gifts even though he asked me not to. He acts upset when I give him something, but he remembers every thing I've given him. When he puts on a sweater, he'll say "this is my favorite one, because you gave it to me". He seems genuinely sincere, but that makes me wonder about the negative comments on the other days - what should I really believe? Is he a manic-depressive or what?

FFSignfOthr

AHHHHHH HAAAAAAA MORE TO THE STORY.

Alas we have discovered more to the complex Lad who has stolen the heart of our very own FF's SignfOthr Las. Now I am leaning toward fireme’s philosophies. While love and friendship do have their price at what price do you stop paying for it??? If the only dilemma stealing this mans heart from you was a sick relative, the solution was going to be easy, now the new more complex issues and ideals come into play. The ex-wife angle, the biggest saboteur to any future relationship. This is where it gets ugly. I am guessing the separation and ensuing divorce was not amicable with both parties, correct? Did he suffer the brunt of the separation?? I am guessing so since there was a child involved and that child no longer lives with him. So now with our new information, coming from the angle of the beleaguered ex-husband, the words gun shy come into play. Rejecting you or toying with you is a self defense mechanism he designed unknowingly to keep himself safe. Reject you or keep you at a distance to protect himself. Make sense?? The days where he says all the positive things where YOU fit into his life is replaced by self-protection the next. He is keeping you at arms length for a reason and I truly believe the reason is self-preservation added with a heap of family stress. I would assume that he isn’t indeed ready for any kind of involved lengthy relationship currently and I think you are seeing the tell tale signs of this by his actions. You want to be desired yet he doesn’t show interest in desiring you. I am going with the theory that you indeed are paying a dear price with this relationship the question is When is it too much?? I think you are the only one that can decide this for you are the only one that knows how much you are willing to pay out and receive nothing in return.

Red face FEASHAR MATH!!!

To SupperChef (Name changed to match pumper)

I am not married, but very much taken by the most perfect woman in the world for me. For right now though, my words fail me, for actions speak louder than words, and I dream of the future. Thus, I am learning of what I speak, in regards to committment, love and sharing. Thank you very much for the compliment.

To Union344Proud's most eloquent soliloque, I can only stand back in awe.

In my own humble words:

1) There is no other person in the world (besides ourself) that will make things all better, and we only have to wait for them to join us. Sometimes the magic carpet never comes, or we blame ourselves for another's shortcomings. The true magic is in knowing when to cut your losses, or accept what they have to offer.
    2) I know from personal experience that some people try to push away the ones we care for when we are in pain emotionally. It is a way of us kind of testing, in our own cynical world, how much they truly care. The flawed logic is that if they don't care enough, they didn't love us in the first place. As I mature, I find it easier to just ask my best friend, how much she loves me or tell her I need a hug, as I am not feeling happy.

THOUGHT OF THE DAY:

Paradise is a lie. It is a fantacy we create about people and places, as we'd like them to be. Truth is the person you trust enough to cry with, and to hug a good morning to.

I now return you to the mindless drivel......

Tiaraidh an dràsda!

Question Lager or Ale?

I tip a pint to Union344Proud and offer the following need to know information:

What temperature is correct for serving Guinness?

Guinness can be served cooler than other ales. 5-8 degrees celsius is about ideal, although some places keep their Guinness at cellar temperature along with their other ales.

Woody Around The World, Secret Society Fan Club, LLC,

ENROLLMENT

The following members have been placed on the database and we are getting things organized for FDIC-Woody East. There has been good response to getting writers for our e-mail newsletter, although the Prez will not be editing or using the spelchek....

Members enrolled are: Woody, mark440, Lewiston2Capt, Gfdtrk4, FF26, CollegeBuff, BKE, LadyCapn, and myself.

As for WSfireMN, I think Interior Buttie has him as a sexual slave, for other than a cryptic note, he is lost in cyber. To enrol in the WATWSSFC, LLC and get your copy of the Hootenanny Chronicles, please send a brief note to:

fire61@firehousemail.com

Include your posting name, Woody position, e-mail address, if you are going to FDIC, if you can help write for the paper and type of articles you would like to do, how many teeth you have, and if your IQ is over double digits. (IQ does not = Ice Queam)

Look forward to hearing from you!!!
    Last edited by Fireme; 02-05-2002 at 04:13 PM.

Default Re: FEASHAR MATH!!!

Originally posted by Fireme
    The true magic is in knowing when to cut your losses, or accept what they have to offer.

I know from personal experience that some people try to push away the ones we care for when we are in pain emotionally. It is a way of us kind of testing, in our own cynical world, how much they truly care. The flawed logic is that if they don't care enough, they didn't love us in the first place. As I mature, I find it easier to just ask my best friend how much she loves me or tell her I need a hug, as I am not feeling happy.
    For now I'm taking what he has to offer, but it's not easy.

I truly feel that he is pushing me away assuming that I will give up, just to prove that I'm no better than the rest. He says that he loves the fact that I'm so persistent, but he also says that I scare him. I think he expects me to change if he makes a commitment to "us". His mother left him when he was 12, his brother's wife is controlling, his ex-wife is demanding. He has never had a good female role-model in his life and he expects me to follow suit.

I like to fish, duck hunt, four-wheel, waterski, etc with him, but maybe he thinks I'm doing all that to "reel him in". His ex used to do things until they had a child, then she became a "mother" and was responsible, and happy to sit home reading. He's very active and still wanted to do things but she shut him down. I'd say he's probably hyperactive - up early every day and pacing like a lion if he has to wait for anyone. He doesn't know how to stand still and would be unhappy if anyone tried to stop him.

I wish I could ask for a hug when one of us needs it, but that exactly when he's keeping me at arm's length.

Fireme,

The correct temp for the Royal Pint is Dependant on what part of the world you are in, the temp of the succulent pint varies along with the lads and lasses swilling it. I prefer my pints to be room temperature. Serve me a GUINNESS in a bottle or a can and you will be wearing it , GUINNESS is meant to be partaken out of a glass or goblet in the company of friends and family preferably while singing really loud and making a general fool of yourself. Yet another interesting fact drink a GUINNESS in the US then go to Ireland and TRY to drink one they are a bit more viscous there (higher %). GUINNESS THE DRINK THAT SETTLES LIKE A SANDWICH.

BELLY UP LADS WHERE GONNA BE HERE A WHILE!!!!!!!

Thumbs up 4 Wheeler?

Dearest FF's SignfOthr,

I read your post, and it reminded me of a cartoon ad for the perfect woman. It listed all of the hobbies required and asked for a picture at the end of the ad....... of the 4 wheeler!!! (Or boat, tractor, etc.)

In a nutshell, life is about chances and change and growing together. Do you have the together? There is too much pain in the world already, to go and hunt it down on purpose. We can not always fix everything that is broken.

Most FFr's are generally Type A personalities.
    (A = A**holes.... hehehe) Type A is overachieving, perfectionists, who are very focussed. In school they called us hyper and gave us Ritalin. (Not me! )

That being said, no one in the world ever has the right to ask you to change the person you are inside, nor should you offer it. They have to love you for the individual you are, and other than small habits (Like putting the toilette seat down), change is not an option. Stop being on your "best behaviour" so as not to offend him. You are selling yourself short.

If you truly think his hot/cold treatment is only temporary, then ride the storm and look forward to nicer climes. However, I hope your boat has a repairable leak. (If not, the USS Woody has been cast adrift and we can reclaim it for you!!!) Take care. It does get better. Just ask Woody and Alisa!

Exclamation Fahrenheit or Celcius?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UNION344PROUD
    I prefer my pints to be room temperature. Serve me a GUINNESS in a bottle or a can and you will be wearing it QUOTE]

Brother Union....

Unbeknownst to you, I got my information from the Guiness web site. Alas, I was not able to correctly identify your personal preferences!

I am disappointed though, that my cryptic Gaelic was not under scrutiny!

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 First ... 891011121314 ... Last

Thread Information