Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Union
    You do know how to win a woman's heart

That was an incredibly beautiful poem.
    Last edited by superchef; 01-31-2002 at 12:09 PM.

Good afternoon to all Woodians and a very special good afternoon to the Prez!

Here is an update on what is going on with me:
    1)Still fighting my sinuses......they are clogged up and that, in turn, is causing me to get headaches. Not to mention that my nose is stuffed as well.
    2) Had two tests this week as well as a practice essay. I got a 95 on the practice essay (since it's practice the grade will not be recorded and counted toward our final grade, but still, 95 is pretty good for a practice essay). I got a 60 (D) on the test in Music Appreciation, and I know I failed yesterday's lab test in A+P. I have a lecture test in A+P tomorrow.....wish me luck!!
    3) Weather here is OK....it's finally cooling off some.

Union and SuperChef......it's nice to see a romance blossoming around here. Good luck to ya'll!!
    Alisa Tappana, NREMT-B/CNA

All the views, comments, etc expressed herein are mine and not those of my training program or my employer.

"You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"
    -Bob Mowad

bke

Exclamation Brrrrrrr, Rabbit!

It's cold as hell out here and I'm fresh outta beer!!

It snowed all afternoon yesterday, off and on all night, now the sun is shining but the wind is colder than cold. The roads were slicker than sn*t last night but the Little Red Rocket (my car) did very well!
    I have two quizzes and homework due tomorrow. But I have the weekend off from work and no school stuff to do. The Sweet Distraction and I are going out, we are both off from work on Saturday . Talk to you all later, I have to get back to the University and watch a horrible spanish soap opera for my homework . I thought EastKyFF was already Director of Entertainment!?! Stay safe all!

BYE.
    Last edited by bke; 01-31-2002 at 05:24 PM.
    BKE
    Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

Woody and everyone else here has made the forums the busiest ever.

Forum Member

Hello fellow Woodians! Good to see everyone is still moving around. Union, I can also speak an alternate, less known, popular language. It is called Holstien I picked that up growing up on and near farms.
    BKE, how much snow did you all get? We here got just a little more then 2' on Sunday night Monday morning. We have had snow flurries off and on since. Yesterday (Wednesday) we were the coldest in the nation with a low temp of -32F. The high was a whopping +3F. We are still digging out. As to where I have been hiding...
    My old man had his knee replaced in November. He slipped and fell on Monday on way into talk with County Executive and fractured his femur about 2" above his new knee. I have been with him in Salt Lake City (What a rat race! I will really be happy when Olympics are over ). He visited a trauma doc who placed a nail from the distal femur up the shaft to proximal femur and pinned it in 4 places. I was also romancing the sweety while down in SLC. (She lives there, kinda sucks. She is 2 hours away. Going to school. She is too smart for my good. She is a RN on the Cardaic floor of one of the largest hospitals in Utah).
    You all take it easy....

*Mark
    Last edited by mark440; 01-31-2002 at 11:49 PM.
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Question Love In the Groundhog Shadow

OKay , all this love jazz is getting to me. Ya'll need to get a room before I shoot myself. Just Kidding. Maybe i wont be so bitter once i find myself a Self-sufficiant, long and curly redhead.

As much as I like redheads You would wounder why my favorite color is green.

Wanted to be the first to wish everyone a happy and safe Friday. I know the Midwest got hit really hard with the ice storm the past couple of days. Lets keep our brothers & Sisters In our prayers who have to battle these bad conditions for the next couple days.

Now on to my favorite canadian LadyCpt How are you doing ? We havent seen ya in a couple days. Are you and your new snuggle toy hidding away ?

Okay I dunno who is keeping track of who all is going to FDIC But I would like to know so we can get a plan of action together and hook up. If you would like to E-mail Myself You can do so at RescueCo46@aol.com

I know WS_fireFamily Are attending. I think LadyCpt is. Just not sure who else is going. I think the New Albany "moose call" Clan are to but they are MIA.

One last Bit of buisness.. I wanna give a shout out to the west coast's finest (and i do mean Finest) Chef. YO! SUP Curly!..LOL
    Last edited by FormerLt; 02-01-2002 at 12:55 AM.
    Uphold the "WOOD" at all times!!!
    Station Motto:
    We're here now. You can go home.
    Nothing like a little fire on the roof to get a firefighter excited.

bke

Unhappy Somebody HELP ME~!

Mark, I'd say we got an inch of snow. The snow itself wasn't bad but the wind and ice have been bad. It is supposed to warm up tomorrow.
    I wish I could go to FDIC. I have school and can't go, besides, Indy is a long way from NM. I have friends in Indy so I would even have somebody to stay with.
    My Sweet Distraction and I aren't getting together this weekend after all. She has to work. I'm going crazy, if you find me in a corner having a nervous breakdown, give me a six pack of IBC root beer and I should calm down alright !
    You all take care, I need to get some sleep. Adios.
    Last edited by bke; 02-01-2002 at 02:28 AM.
    BKE
    Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

Talking sounds like blizzard like conditions

Good day to all Wood lovers and a Good special good Friday to First Lady.
    couple thing
    #1 I'll be on tonight to talk with you guys probably cause I'm not going out with my pals cause I gotta finish my math and my paper.
    #2 For you NASCAR fans(which I'm one) 2 weeks from Sunday till Daytona
    #3 GO PATRIOTS!!(even though my sister and brother in law lives in St Louis and it's a nice city)
    #4 take it easy guys on the ice and snow.Here all it's been doing is raining(not evening freezing)(feels like its March or April)
    have a good day guys
    final thing HELL YEAH

Mark 440-hope your father is doing better....he's in my prayers. BTW-try having a sweetie that lives FAR away from you. I live here in Mississippi while woody lives all the way in Ohio. That's cool that you got to see your sweetie though.

To everyone-have a good and safe weekend!!

All the views, comments, etc expressed herein are mine and not those of my training program or my employer.

"You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"
    -Bob Mowad

The southern shore of beautiful Lake Michigan

Cool "WOODFEST"

Hello Brothers & Sisters,

The FormerLt brings up a good point: Who is the Director of Attendance & Activities for the WOODFEST at the FDIC?????
    I feel this is an important position and must be filled A.S.A.P.

At least someone to list the 'FEST' attendees, and where to meet!

Secretary O' War
    FTM-PTB
    trk4

Forum Member

FormerLt-

I'm with you buddy. "Everybody around here is always talkin about love. Yech." ~Oscar the Grouch.

And I'm with you on another issue as well- long and curly redheads. Except I'm trapped in "Friend Mode" with her......

Temporarily/No Longer Active UNION344PROUD's Avatar

OK, I have taken the liberty of scripting a rough draft of the WOODY WORLD official by-laws. Like other super secret societies we must at least try to maintain some semblance of order, and try to adhere to the by-laws set forth.

1. NO evil spells may be cast upon any other member of the society. The use of the evil eye, voodoo dolls, hexes, and love potions is strictly forbidden unless they really deserve it.

2. Membership is dependant on 2 votes from the general body of the membership. You may vote for yourself and you may also veto the vote cast by the other member.

3. Membership is open to anyone regardless of excessive hair, lack of hair, Angulations of front teeth or lack therein, height, weight, possession of copious amounts of body hair (both male and female), lack of tattoos or excessive body art, obscure body piercing or lack therein.

4. You may self appoint yourself a title but in order for it to be official it must be voted on by the same rules that apply in section 2. Only after you have placed your title on your firehouse forums signature will it be an official and binding title.

5. Thou shalt uphold the WOOD at all times.

6. Advances, flirting and all out shameless self-promotion toward the opposite sex in the society is acceptable but only on days that end in “y”. IF you are engaged in a love relationship with another member you may not sicken them with your posts. You may however use the forums as a tool to woo the object of your desire.

7. Beer, wine, and the hard stuff may be consumed while viewing the forums as long as you do not hamper your typing skills with excessive libation.

8. Any member of the society who holds an official title as defined in section 4 may appoint a super secret helper/aid, or a member of the society may appoint them selves to the position on their own (see criteria in section 4)

9. The official battle cry of this society shall be “HELL YEAH”

10. Pro wrestling shall be the officially sanctioned sport of this society and we must uphold the values and honor of all professional wrestlers.

IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONS THEY ARE MORE THAN WELCOME
    Last edited by UNION344PROUD; 02-01-2002 at 12:57 PM.

bke

Post Just Reporting In...

Status of the Good and Well,

The Prez is doing well. The First Lady seems as flirtatious as usual. VP IB hasn't stopped in lately but he seemed to be okay the last time he checked in. CollegeBuff is grouchy, Unionproud has been busy (nice work on the by-laws), I have been lonely , but in the mainstream of the Wood, all is good! I will be checking in numerous times this weekend. That is all for now. Love the USA.

:cheers:
    BKE
    Proud to be an American.

Hello to all Woodians and a VERY special hello to the Prez

All is well here in Mississippi. Weather is cool. School is good-in fact my classes are going pretty well. I MISERABLY failed my Lab test in A+P on Wednesday. Oh Well. Fixing to do a BOATLOAD of studying this weekend while at my parent's place. I'm still having problems with my sinuses......gotta love Sudafed and Tylenol!!

All is well with Woody and I.

BKE-uh, Woody is the ONLY and I mean ONLY person that I flirt with!!

-Bob Mowad

Cool Mr. Creative

I didn't have anything to say. I just wanted to see if my cool new avatar worked. See it? It's Big Bird wearing a chrome helmet emblazoned with the number 816. A tribute to the immortal Wood.

Cool

Greetings to all Woodians! (I would have said 'fellow' woodians, but I'm not sure if I'm a member yet - haven't gotten any chrome helmet delivered to my house, anyway.)

What the HECK is going on with the weather? The midwest is getting brutalized, California is even colder than normal, and here on the east coast it's like spring!?? It's been in the 70's the past few days!!!

Mr. PRES., I'm happy to see we have a NASCAR fan as our leader! I'm anxiously awaiting the start of another season myself. (By the way, we do get a little bone to chew on next weekend with the Budweiser Shootout on the 10th). May I ask who your favorite driver is? I used to follow Mark Martin myself, but I can't relate to his current sponsor, so I've been cheering for Dale Jr. - BUD RACING!! But this brings up a question: With all due respect, Sir, how come you are a NASCAR fan? I haven't seen any "riced out" Acura's in them races! I thought you'd be more of a Indy or Grand Prix fan.

Have a good weekend WOODIANS!

and [B]HEEEELLLLLLLL YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
    - Remember our brothers in FDNY -

bke

Red face Here we go........

First Lady,
    I meant that you were flirting with Prez Woody.
    Everybody,
    I just saw the weather for the weekend and the temperature is supposed to go up and the sunshine plentiful. YEEEEEEHAAAAA! Have a great weekend everybody and stay safe .
    BKE
    Proud to be an American.

bke-I knew that......I was just playing with you!!

Ya'll have a good and SAFE weekend!!

-Bob Mowad

UNION, I have a couple of suggested additions to the laws/regs post.
    On #9-Official battle cry of "HELL YEAH" and slapping your crome helmet covered head 3 times.
    On #10-Pro wrestling is the official sport, but if that is not on at the time of consumption of said beverages in # 7... FOXY mud wrestling is an appropriate substitute...

I am still waiting on my nomination/recommendation for Secret Service of the wood.....

HELL YEEEAAAHHH!!!!
    HELL YEAH!!!
    The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

Default I love most all racing

Good evening to all Wood Lovers and a special good evening to the first lady:
    #1 to who asked about NASCAR my driver #24 Gordon.(and no I just didn't start being a Gordon fan since he's been winning) I've been a Gordon fan since I was in junior High. Now I REALLY like NHRA import series. They take Civics and turn them in to 9-10 second 1/4 mile cars.(you'd guys like my room 1/2 racing(NASCAR,Honda Factory CART racing team,No Fear stuff(including No Fear stickers on my fan blades)) then other 1/2 is firefighting stuff(Including my pierce calendar )(nothing like waking up to pictures of new fire trucks) then on my door I got pictures of Toyota Tundras.(that's my favorite pickup)then I got the COOLEST PHONE It's an antique fire engine(Maplewood F.D. can relate to that) when the phone rings it starts the motor and sirens start .(you can definately tell it's a guys room)
    to KY:great job on big bird
    to all others:HELL YEAH

Thread Information