MembersZone Subscriber

Default Port Jefferson FD?

Hey Woody,
    In an eariler post you said you spoke to a kid from Port Jefferson FD, is that Port Jefferson, OH.? The department I am in is Port Jefferson, NY just wondering if there is another Port Jeff out there. Thanks
    B Holmes

Forum Member

Bumping the thread back to page 1.
    Come one Secret members, we need an update and a HELL YEAH from everyone, lets show some support for our honored President!

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

Cool wood update

Good evening to the Wood nation,
    I first wanna give Y'ALL a HEALTHY HELLLLLLLLL YEAH. I'm moving on from Alisa It's a minor speed bump it's how you adapt is what kind of guy you are.(like if your in a fire and your SCBA runs out of air i know you should monitor it better than this but you pull your "anteater hose" and shove it in your coat near your air pit (not real good smelling but it gets you out)
    now about Port Jefferson that's a P.J., Ohio. (its our neighboring F.D. we usually call for mutual aid)
    final thing Hell yeah

Okay, what's an anteater hose and just where do you have an air pit? How's your mom? Hope she's doing better. Too bad you have training this weekend - but I hope you have a happy birthday anyway.

Good news about the b/f. After a year and a half of "suggestions and encouragement" (not nagging), he's finally going to the doctor for his high blood pressure. I guess he was struggling to do something at work that was never a problem before. He saw stars and got light headed. When they took his bp it was 210/110 They can't get him in until mid-April since his insurance changed and he has to go to a new doctor, but at least he's finally going. He was getting so high-strung that he would argue about nothing. I can't wait until he's back to his old self.

It's starting to sound like we're not going to Washington after all. His grandpa is just too weak to get around that much and he feels frantic if he's away from the house for any length of time. I think it would be too much for him.

My partner in crime is back from Belize. My b/f said we might do something on Sat, but if we don't there will probably be a Welcome Wagon drafting session tomorrow.

LadyCapn: A friend gave me a care package last week and it contained a "woody replica". He said it was a five-speed, but I haven't found the clutch yet And I still don't believe in "one size fits all", do they think we're all Amazon Women???

One more thing, HELLLLL YEAAAHHHH!

bke

Cool Howders U ALL, spring break is here!

Mr. President,

I must inform you that I am taking next week off. Spring break is here and I am leaving town. I am leaving Mark in charge of operations at the Office of Good & Welfare. Mark, entertain everybody, use the office funds to buy them all pizza and beer ! I don't want to find any gerbils in my desk when I get back !
    I have been looking over the staff list issued by the Big Giant Head and here are the members who are MIA: WAW, wsfiremn (and lady), resqb, Lewiston2Cpt, ff21, and xenophon 13. If any of the previous mentioned Woods are still with us, I apologize, I am not the Recording Secretary. Somebody make contact with Leroy140 on page 30 and make him feel welcome. The boy has some serious reading to do ! Bye all, stay low, stay safe !
    BKE
    Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

I just sent Leroy an email asking if he had any background on WATWSSFC yet.

Does anybody know what happened to the original thread? It appears that the threads before Feb 26 have been deleted. I thought I read somewhere that the web team would keep it available. The only way to really understand Woodys World is to go back and read from the beginning - and that includes almost 1,300 posts! If that's not possible, I may have to write a small novel to try to explain this craziness to Leroy and any other new members. This is not your usual soap that you can watch occassionally and know what's going on.

MFD

Angry I'M FRICKEN MAD

Good evening to the wood population:
    #1 Okay let it be known not only I'm probably "black listed" on the State Fire Academy's list on top of it I'm hereby starting a boycott of that place(seriously).(i'll tell you the story)
    well as you all know I went over to the fire academy and the instructors weren't that great(and I never said anything over there to any people I talked to about the Fire academy stinking) recently a person(on this forum) asked where I should take in Ohio my 240 class(full timer class) I said basically the fire academy blows take it Hocking College(good place)(which I have my opinion if I wanna express it that's fine) well today I got a letter from the Superintent(the big shot over the Fire Academy) saying to call him. Then it also said I sent a letter to your Chief. So I called him I said who told you this he said I read this online. (I was calm cause I don't want to "burn bridges") anyhow I said why did you send a letter to my chief when I paid for this class myself. If you got a problem with me that's fine but don't drag Maplewood F.D and my chief in on it. He said your on his department right. I said yeah. he said there ya go. anyhow so I'm mad cause he can't take that I tore into his "almighty" fire academy. Plus I'm mad cause I could understand if I went up to an Instructor and said "your a dumb@ss" but what If someone ask me an opinion on something I'm not gonna "Doctor it up" just to make it sound peachy. Plus what I post online is my business. If he wants to post online that I'm a idiot that's his business I'm not gonna send a letter to his house saying to call me so I can rip you a new airhole.For example I worked for Honda(as a temp for 2 summers) I had some die hard chevy and ford fans say oh Hondas are "jap crap" they aren't worth a pile of poop(but they said another word hehehe).He's gotta remember this is what makes America great we're all aloud to think different things about different events and people and events. If he thinks the fire academy the greatest thing since electricity then go right ahead but If I wanna think it stinks worst than a boar that hasn't had a bath in a month then i should be alloud to.
    Even my mom thinks he's a idiot. I'm so mad right now I wanna get a sticker for my car that has Calvin peeing on State Fire Academy.

Forum Member

Take it easy there Prez, things you post on line and say to others, even with the freedom of speech is likely to come back and bite you in the ***, and from what you have told us you have quite a large one for them to latch a hold of. Just chill out, you can hate the Fire Academy but just don't "air dirty laundry" on here. Word spreads quickly in the Fire Service. You saying negative things about the Ohio Fire Academy could also be construed as slander, which you could be sued for civilly. And another thing, some folks might not think it is a bad place or facility. How long have you been in the FD? 1 or 2 years? The best thing to learn in those first few years is that we all don't know it all. Some instructors have some strong points and some weaknesses. Have you ever attempted instructing your peers in a fire course? It is tough. Just keep your mouth shut and learn. May I wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow?
    BKE, I will eagerly accept your absence fill of Goodness and welfare and other stuff. I will try to keep everyone in stock with beer and pizza. Have a nice Spring Break.
    To the rest of you HELL YEAH!

*Mark
    Last edited by mark440; 03-08-2002 at 07:19 PM.
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Thumbs up I'm back

HAPPY BIRTHDAY............. WOODY

Sorry for being gone so long but I have had alot of STUFF going on but I'M back atleast for now until something else comes up.

As for WSFIRELADY she is fine All is well in the Westend sofar today.

MR Prez. sir sorry to hear about littlemiss. maybe it is for the better.glad to see that you are getting over her so well.

Please don't start any riots in Ohio this weekend,I have to be there on Monday I don't need anymore distractions than what the state has to offer.

leroy 140 welcome to our own little fantasy world to get away from the everyday stress of of the JOB.
    Last edited by wsfiremn; 03-08-2002 at 08:25 PM.
    wsfiremn
    Member IACOJ
    FTM PTB FSU EGH RFB 9-11
    Double Duece
    PROUD MEMBER
    FOOLS INTERNATIONAL

MFD

Cool I forgot to tell you guys something

Good evening to the Wood population:
    I forgot to tell you about elections. I got a real big promotion(laughing) I got Asst County Fire rep. basically what I do is go with the county rep to county fire meetings or if he can't go I go to represent the nationally known Maplewood F.D. I know it's not a big role but I'm gonna do it the best I can. Clark(which I used to not like now he's being nice to me) said don't feel bad Derek I started older than you on the F.D.(he said he was about 27-30)(now he's I'd say 55 or 60) and I started at County rep now I'm Tresuer(or however you spell it)(basicallly the guy who takes care of the money)anyhow he said sure you might be county rep for 5 or 7 years then if you do a dencent job they might bump ya up to Lt or Captain.plus he said you got a advantage you joined young so by the time the people your age joins(which I wish they'd do now cause we got 2 thinking about retireing now) (which usually guys join when there 25-30) I'll have a good 5-10 years under your belt.
    by the way update up the super pumper tanker. well it's kinda of on the table for now cause we sent money in for the FEMA grant(that's the big federal grand.) anyhow we're having a professional grant writer write it up so if we get money he gets 5% if we don't get anything he doesn't get a dime. so the way I look at it it's a win win deal. If you ever had to fill out those dear grants(the federals are really bad) you about pull out your hair. Then on top of it he must be good to promise us money or he doesn't get paid. If we get what we put in for we're going with a new pumper/tanker (which is something like 105 or 110 grand plus we got I think 60 grand laying around in C.D.s (plus we sell the 2 old trucks) so I would say we could pony up 200 grand pretty easy for a new truck.
    whatever brand of truck they get I hope they get a Mack chassis( I'd really love it if they go Mack chassis and Mack motor or Cat motor(both are great motors)) the way chief acted he's like me he likes Mack too . I give that a Hell Yeah.
    by the way I got my first b-day gift fire related from my best buddy. He got me a little fire figurine(he has full turnout with SCBA but has mask off , holding his helmet in one hand(yellow ) and has a sweat rag in the other(kind of after a summer barn fire )(those ones in the summer when they put wet hay in the hay loft and they catch on fire they can get to be hot ones.(then the worst part is overhaul on a hay barn fire cause you almost have to take ALL THE hay bales out cause you gotta look for "hot spots and embers" (plus this sometimes ticks off the farmer when he has like 1000 bales in his barn that would take him by himself about a day put them up there and stack them nicely we(all the department guys) do it in about 2-3 hours.i'd rather overhaul to much than too little. there's a department that either doesn't do overhaul or very little overhauling. they got called out to a fully involved house fire they put it out(or thought they did ) and about a hour or 2 later they returned to the same house and it was on fire again(idiots)

Question Would it be....could it be????

I apologize for my long absence from the board.

Anyways, I was at school today, and there was a guy in the library that had a shirt on that said HELL YEAH on the back on the top part above a pic of something. Could there be another member of WATWSSFC, LLC in the area that we do not know about????

Woody-don't worry about the Fire Academy guy. He's just a buttwipe. Believe me, wait till I get outta Job Corps......all the things that I will be saying about them.....
    BTW.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
    Alisa Tappana, NREMT-B/CNA

All the views, comments, etc expressed herein are mine and not those of my training program or my employer.

"You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"
    -Bob Mowad

Default hello

HAPPY

BIRTHDAY

WOODY

wsfiremn
    Member IACOJ
    FTM PTB FSU EGH RFB 9-11
    Double Duece
    PROUD MEMBER
    FOOLS INTERNATIONAL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOODY!!!!

Or, in the words of Marilyn Monroe, "Happy birthday Mr. President".....LOL
    Alisa Tappana, NREMT-B/CNA

All the views, comments, etc expressed herein are mine and not those of my training program or my employer.

"You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"
    -Bob Mowad

Forum Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOODROW

bke

Hello,

Happy B-Day Mr. Prez. I am not leaving town after all. I couldn't get off from work. Is the Prez old enough to drink now? Anyway, as the Secretary of Good & Welfare I declare that the pizza and beer be made into a birthday party for the PREZ. We will hide the keys to the Mommymobile and Supper Pumper in case our Prez gets a little tipsy. We will also have to have CollegeBuff watching over the Prez to make sure he doesn't insite a riot. Welcome back wsfiremn and lady, glad to hear you are ok. Mark, how much do we all need to chip in for the pizza and beer?

Stay safe stay low everybody,
    BKE
    Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

MFD

Default I had an interesting b-day

Good morning to the wood population:
    #1 I would have written you yesterday but my power went out from about 3 in the afternoon till midnight. We went out for dinner(and since the winds were so bad and raining like crazy it knocked down 5 power poles near us ) so since it was so cold and our water pump powered by electric we had no water.. so mom and dad like lets go get a motel room. so we did and we came home about 7 30 or 8 this morning. my brother in law/sister got a new SUV(must be nice) they got a new Mitsubushi Montero. I rode to Port Jefferson and home in it. Its a okay truck. (even though my knees rub on the dash )
    final thing: hell yeah

Forum Member

Good thing you had a good birthday. We had power last night thankgoodness. BKE, I think a buck three eighty from everyone will cover it nicely with a decent tip for the delivery girl. I already "tipped" her for her promptness though.
    What else is happening with all of our Woody members? We are dwindling rapidly.
    Have we come up with any Welcome Wagon presentations yet?

HELL YEAH
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Thread Information