Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Talking

HEY !!! i am not as handsome as the WOOD .. but i need a hook up too !!! Just kidding.

To All Attending FDIC/WATWSSFC,LLC Convention, Make sure you bring your Helmets And Your tin foil so we can ID our fellow WOODY followers. it would be prefured if you wrap your Helmets But you do not have too. YOu can if you wish roll up a nice piece And display it so it can be seen. I myself have a Band around my helmet that i put my wedges And flash light and that is where i place my "chrome" replica(Asked the Chief if i could wrap my helmet and he looked kinda funny at me and asked what i was smoking.). LadyCpt just wear your hair down cause I like a good Set of Red hair.

Anyway I can hardly wait for FDIC. I know My Station Brothers and Sisters are planing a Road trip to Maplewood for the fish fry Also.

SOMEONE help a lesser Woodian With a date PLEASE!!
    Uphold the "WOOD" at all times!!!
    Station Motto:
    We're here now. You can go home.
    Nothing like a little fire on the roof to get a firefighter excited.

WOW!!
    I take a few weeks off and everything goes nuts

800+ post
    New thread
    Wood's single again for good
    Wood and a EMT from mississipi seem to be hooking up

Man I gotta quit taking time off

Hope everybody's doing well,it looks like this Indy convention is a popular thing. Wish I could be there.

Woody just curious as to why you would prefer Wildland fire over Structure (Or Urban)firefighting. My cousin is a wildland firefighter and he can't wait to get on full time with us Urban guys (gals).

WOOD MAN,

I am curious to as to your motivation to become a Wild land fire fighter as well? I would much rather clamber up a stair case with all of that gear than to try to scale a wooded mountain side with all of that rubbish.

Lt Fire 322,

You for got to mention ghetto fire fighters we are a breed all our own.
    Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

Forum Member

Permission to speak, Sir Wood? (Fyreman taught me manners)

Been silently watching, but I'm wondering if it's time to plan the Woodfest East at the Firehouse Expo in Baltimore? You all can get warmed up for that at the inaugural FDIC Woodfest. Fyreman and I work close by, so maybe we can find some snaggle tooth event for us all to attend, and get Littlemiss jealous [hey Wood that make-up romping is great stuff].......

It may interest you that the troops in a station near mine painted their helmets silver before the county standardized. Maybe you can give them some tips.

Glad to be of service as a minion in Woodland.

Awaiting direction from the Supreme Grand High Woodness.............

Grit.

Forum Member

For some of us far fetched fellers that can't swing the trip to FDIC, would someone please take Official Photo's and be willing to e-mail them around?
    I, too, would like to inquire upon your reasoning for wanting to fight wildland fires? I personally hate them! (Just my opinion) I am nothing near a Ghetto firefighter, but would love to be one! We get a split amount of wildland in summer and various other work during the year. I am not a camper, I like to get back to the station after a good job and hit the shower and have a nice hot meal and expect other calls after.
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Forum Member

Union: another thing we agree on. That forest fire business is way too much like work. I had a taste of that in NJ [if you can believe that]. It was back in the 70's, but it's burned into my memory as being no fun at all. Glad to be in an area with so few trees or unhydrated [is that a word?} areas that we don't carry hard suction any more.............

The southern shore of beautiful Lake Michigan

mark440, I will take pic.'s and e-mail some to you (the legal ones! Woody will only be 20yo at the time of FDIC)

Woody, Woody, Woody??????
    Wildland over structure?????
    I don't understand!!!

wsfiremn, Where are you??? Did you get shot?

only 74 more days 'til FDIC
    FTM-PTB
    trk4

Talking

Mr. President,

I, for one, can understand your zeal to be a wildland firefighter - I have always gotten a certain pleasure out of working a good forest fire, but I don't really know why that is. One thing that has always amazed me is just how many firefighters really do not like it. (I can't say that I ever had the desire to be a professional wildland firefighter, though.) You certainly are a unique individual, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors - especially with littlemissemt

Well, fellas, I think GRIT's idea of a WOODFEST East at the Firehouse Expo is a great idea for those of us poor sods that are unable to attend the FDIC in Indy. I'm also trying to figure out if I could swing a weekend road trip to Ohio to attend a fish fry and maybe get a glimpse of the TIDAL WAVE!!

Keep your heads low, and HEELLLLLL YEEEAAAAHHH!!
    - Remember our brothers in FDNY -

MembersZone Subscriber

FormerLt

I have a pretty nice mane of red hair. But can you write songs and poetry?

superchef,

It takes a true 100% IRISH man to fully appreciate a head of wonderfully flowing graceful and entrancing red hair. Something tells me that the former Lt. Could not fully appreciate such an ornament of beauty.

Woody-
    Where is the e-mail that you promised me? I have been checking my inbox a lot today and I still have not gotten anything from you. I'm not trying to nag, I am just anxiously awaiting your e-mail.
    Alisa Tappana, NREMT-B/CNA

All the views, comments, etc expressed herein are mine and not those of my training program or my employer.

"You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"
    -Bob Mowad

Forum Member

lilmissemtstudent, I feel it necessary to remind you that you have chosen a path followed by few. Your relationship with "The Wood" will be different than anything you have ever experienced and you must be patient. He will come to you when he is ready. We must remember that our Wood is a shy, thoughtful gentleman, and must court at his own speed. Please be patient.

Oh, I almost forgot, we obviously neglected to ask this in the initial interview but..........

You don't have a propensity for boiling small childrens rabbits on the stove do you?

That is all

HELL YEAH!
    IACOJ

No, I do not.

MembersZone Subscriber

UNIONPROUD

You do have a way with words. And I do appreciate a 100% Irish firefighter. But you think you could handle this mane? It is a few inches past my shoulders, thick and naturally curly. And it has yet to be tamed!

and yes I can cook. Food , being the second way to a man's heart I am pretty good in the kitchen.

I will always remember the FDNY and the 343 men of 9/11 in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay safe

bke

Thumbs up

Hi All,

I haven't been hiding or anything. I took some time off and seem to have missed a lot. I'm confused as to where the old thread went but I'm willing to start a new one here.
    Mr. President, glad to hear that you decided to leave the girl behind. Believe me, things will get better. I waited four years to be with my girl (two years high school and two more college). Two weeks before I moved to Albuquerque (where she was living) she sent me an email saying she was engaged to another man. I was sick to my stomach for two days. I miss her sometimes, but I have moved on, and I'm happier now than ever. The world is full of girls my friend, pick one that is right for you.
    Take care all.
    BKE
    Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

superchef,

Whilst many a man has tried to control such a thing, no one has ever been able to entrap the las with the flowing crimson hair. One could only hope to contain her long enough to witness the strength and beauty that arises from such a crown upon her head. Her power lies not within the color or the length of the follicles but in the heart and the soul of the las, for one to wear such a crown one must be confident and proud. Confident and proud is the lad who searches and longs for her, for he has devoted his life to an often futile struggle.

MembersZone Subscriber

UNIONPROUD

Perhaps the lad should let his search lead him to San Fran.
    There is a very warm heart and deep compassionate soul here searching for someone too.

You do write beautifully UNIONPROUD.

Why thank you, you should read it when I really try. When I am really trying to impress.
    Throw an e-mail my way.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: UNIONPROUD ]

MembersZone Subscriber

UNIONPROUD
    You've done a very good job of impressing so far.

Forum Member

hmmmmmm, me thinks the World of Wood has facilitated another love match?

Our esteemed leader, how is your match proceeding?
    IACOJ

Thread Information