Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Angry DON'T YOU DARE FORGET OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS

We as humans have a problem, out of sight, out of mind. It has been just over four months since america saw somthing on t.v. that they have never seen befor, the american fire service in full retreat! I know that life goes on and we must push past, but i have talked with many of my brothers in my area and when we talk of 9-11 they shy away. this may be their way of dealing with it, but it can not die in our hearts. so one more time i am sending my tears and prayers to all my brothers of FDNY. We have not forgotten you! I look at my trucks, shortly after the mass-murder we placed FDNY decal's in the lower left of each windsheild. Just a little reminder that the game has changed for all of us and just making us ask, "who's next? LAFD, boston, Dallas, Chigao or Middleport F.D on accident . Think about it guy's!
    When hell comes to breakfast, who else would you want, besides a firefighter!!

Forget "them"? Won't happen on my watch! Every day I get new orders for The Hero's Cross, and with each one sold another is donated to a family member of a fallen FDNY brother. A tangible symbol of support, something they can hold in their hand or wear around their neck, something that shows we keep our promise to "never forget".
    Squad Co. 41 the Bronx, Healy, Hamilton, Cullen, Lyons, Sikorsky, and VanHine; the wife and mother of John Marshall Ladder 27/ Engine46; Engine 21 Manhattan; E-39/L-16; All the families of The Bravest at Engine 23 and at Ladder 3 .........the list is sadly too long, but none of them is ever forgotten. God Bless Them All.
    The Heroes' Cross, helping to keep the promise .......... to 'never forget'. Dedicated to the 343 FDNY heroes, donated to their families. God Bless.

It has been just over four months since america saw somthing on t.v. that they have never seen befor, the american fire service in full retreat!

I don't think so. Thats not what I saw,WE might have been knocked down but that was only a standing eight count, we got right back up and continued to do our job with what we had avalible. But you are right about one thing NEVER EVER FORGET those brave souls who had to know what was coming but still did what they could right up to the end.

bob g R2

[quote]Originally posted by BKLYNRES2CUE:

I don't think so. Thats not what I saw,WE might have been knocked down but that was only a standing eight count, we got right back up and continued to do our job with what we had avalible. But you are right about one thing NEVER EVER FORGET those brave souls who had to know what was coming but still did what they could right up to the end.

bob g R2

AMEN BROTHER

Thumbs up

Im a former firefighter from Westchester County New York. I am now a firefighter in the United Kingdom. Thinking about the what happened to our brothers and sisters on September 11th still brings a tear to my eye. I flew back to America to pay my respects to New Yorks Bravest on the 21st of September and will never forget my brothers in FDNY.

I am returning to America on the 20th of February with six of my British brothers from the fire service. We are Walking from the Pentagon in Washington to Ground Zero in New York (300 miles) to raise money for the families of those emergency workers killed on September 11th. We will be meeting President Bush at the White House on the 22nd of February before we set off to NY.

This is a high profile visit with considerable media attention in England. We will have a camera crew with us for the entire trip. I cannot wait to be with my friends from the FDNY again. we should arrive at the WTC site on the 6th of March.

I can provide more information if required by contacting me at:
    ronaldschanck@hotmail.com

God Bless the FDNY.....

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Ronschanck1 ]

Thumbs up

Im a former firefighter from Westchester County New York. I am now a firefighter in the United Kingdom. Thinking about the what happened to our brothers and sisters on September 11th still brings a tear to my eye. I flew back to America to pay my respects to New Yorks Bravest on the 21st of September and will never forget my brothers in FDNY.

I am returning to America on the 20th of February with six of my British brothers from the fire service. We are Walking from the Pentagon in Washington to Ground Zero in New York (300 miles) to raise money for the families of those emergency workers killed on September 11th. We will be meeting President Bush at the White House on the 22nd of February before we set off to NY.

This is a high profile visit with considerable media attention in England. We will have a camera crew with us for the entire trip. I cannot wait to be with my friends from the FDNY again. we should arrive at the WTC site on the 6th of March.

I can provide more information if required by contacting me at:
    ronaldschanck@hotmail.com

God Bless the FDNY.....

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Ronschanck1 ]

good for u, ronald. i had wanted to do something like that in october w/ someone from a member from the washington dc EMS community, but it kinda fell through.

good luck to you, and if you want a place to stay on LI, contact me. i'm sure we could work something out!!! (bring patches)
    May God bless all the people and families who have lost
    their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
    toneloc177@firehousemail.com

Thread Information