1. #1
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Question Haz Mat Training Chlorine Cylinders

    Does anyone know where you can purchase a 150lb. and 1-ton Chlorine cylinder for training? I understand there is a company that makes props out of a heavy duty plastic and this might make it easier for transporting.

  2. #2
    Aerial 131
    Firehouse.com Guest


    You might try the Chlorine Institute about where props might be gained. If anyone would know certainly they would.


  3. #3
    Firehouse.com Guest


    You might try whoever supplie chlorine for your city water department. They may have some damaged cylinders or ton containers. As long as you have the valve ends thats all you need for the majority of your training. Or they may be able to tell where to look.

  4. #4
    Firehouse.com Guest


    Try www.indiansprings.com They have both the 150 lb and one ton cylinders.

  5. #5
    Firehouse.com Guest


    One suggestion I have for your ton container is to get two tons, (one with a convex end and one with a concave end) and cut the ends off and weld the ends together, this way you end up with both typs of Cl tons that you can use your B kit on and it only takes up the space of a large beer keg.
    As far as getting 150 lb and ton Cl containers try contacting an industrial gas supplier in your area.

    Shawn M. Cecula
    Lewiston Fire Co. No. 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register