Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Crescent City, Ill BLEVE photo

I'm working on a Powerpoint presentation on BLEVEs, and I'm looking for a picture of the Crescent City, Illinois BLEVE incident a number of years ago. Does anyone know where I can go about finding it? Google doesn't seem to be able to find it anywhere.

Thanks

"I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine" -- Kurt Vonnegut

If it's the one I am thinking of, where the ATV hits the pipe to the LP gas tank, and shears it off, that is out on a video. Someone in my dept. has it. It might be on an American Heat. I think that is the name of it. As soon as I see someone to ask, I'll let you know. rm41

I don't think that was the same incident.... the picture I'm thinking of is a very large (800'+) fireball with a 100' tall water tower in front of the fireball, looking very small.

Thanks, though....

"I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine" -- Kurt Vonnegut

Believe I have some footage of the Crescent City event on a training video for liquified and compressed gases. Will check and let you know.
    Donald M. Street, Captain
    Maryland City VFD
    Laurel, MD

I'd like to thank all of you who emailed me photos from the above incident. The class went great, and for those who sent photos after I did the class, there's always next year (spoken like a true Red Sox fan....)

Thanks again...

Thread Information