rmoore
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Saying Goodbye to American Heat & FETN

A posting from Ron Moore, Forum Moderator

On December 14th, 1998, my position as Director of Education for American Heat and FETN was eliminated in a corporate reorganization headed up by the new General Manager. I served in this capacity for over five years.

I was "permanently laid off" on December 15th.

Right now, I'm at home trying to learn what opportunities are out there for me to remain in the fire service somehow. I've always been involved in training and education of firefighters so those are the kinds of leads I'm most interested in.

I still teach my 8-hour, 16-hour advanced or 24-hour instructor's program in my University of Extrication vehicle rescue seminar series. I've designed this seminar to include the latest state-of-the-art information for rescue personnel; occupant protection airbags, new rescue techniques, new tricks of the trade. It's a popular seminar that I created, promoted through my exposure with the Firehouse magazine.

More and more friends are becoming aware of what happened and beginning to tip me off about things to look into at this time.

I guess that's the beauty of being a brother in the fire service...something Corporate America will never understand!

Thanks everyone for your friendship and support at a time like this.

Ron Moore
    3527 So Echo Trail
    Plano TX 75023
    (972) 867-0455

<rmoore@firehouse.com>

Phred
    Firehouse.com Guest

RON,

BUMMER! But AmerHeat / FETN's loss will be somebody's gain when you find your new job.

One of the auto makers should snap you up in a minute to serve as a safety consultant. It would be nice for the Fire/Rescue community to have some input to Detroit's designers.

Best of luck to you in your search!

------------------
    Phred from Ohio
    Phred322@aol.com

BatCom401
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ron,

I'm sorry to hear the news. I am surprissed of their decision. The good side of this is your knowledge and writing ability will earn you bigger and better opportunities. Keep in touch and let us know your status. Also, let us know if we can help in any way. God Bless!

Ricky Black, Battalion Commander
    Southlake Fire Services
    Southlake, Texas

CKirkum
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ron,

I am shocked at their decision. They don't realize what they will be losing.

I have to agree with Phred in regards to having the auto industry benefit from your expertise. As you know, I believe that there needs to be more interactive communication between the auto industry and the fire service.

Because I am involved in both, unfortunately, I know what an up hill battle this is going to be. I will definely keep my eyes and ears open.

Good Luck in your search and let me know if I can be of any assistance!

Chris Kirkum
    Mt. Clemens Volunteer Fire Dept.
    Michris@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by CKirkum (edited 02-02-99).]

Lou Angeli
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ron,

Been there, done that, with the very same people - as you well know. You did a wonderful job with American Heat, but the simple fact of the matter is that the emergency services video training market is soft right now.

There are plenty of opportunities out there without having to work for corporate America. Now would be a great time for you to write a book - or develop a television series about real-life Fire and Rescue.

In the meantime, anything we can do to help out, you know the number. God bless.

------------------
    Lou Angeli
    firetv@aol.com

Scott Clark
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ron, I got to agree with Lou. You are to knowledgable and resourceful to be looking for something other than the big time. American Heat has disappointed me ever since we did that Mobile Home Fire Program together. Your a man of great passion and desire for the fire service and where ever you may end up that place will grow beyond belief. I thought you did a great job and helped make their productions "moore interesting". I believe you should seek out funders and start a University of Extrication Video Training Programs. Something like (lets use) Working Fire Videos for example. Also since I talked with you last my Consulting Business is gaining popularity and I would be honored to promote your training programs. Keep your head up and God will shine warmth on your face, because if I know Him He has got something special waiting for you. Your a good man, take care and I'll talk with you soon.

Thread Information